Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

I'll post all of the episodes I have made so far. Hopefully more will be made soon, but with packing for college (and moving in general), the amount of time I have to make things will be cut short and, as always, AotL takes priority over all else.

Cast:
HoT: A warrior princess from the desert.
Phaeon: A knight on a mission of goodwill to a neighboring kingdom.
Haku: A powerful paladin. (Gaellian – Pegasus Mount)
Trix: An ancient soldier brought back to life.
MoM: A skilled demon slayer.
Kya: One of the best students at a dojo.
Yvarg: A general with a perfect battle record.

LM: A warrior who was raised in the wild.
Hanz: A young pirate who strikes fear into all men.
Precious: A pirate whose reputation precedes him.
SW: An illusionist who is well liked by the public.
Donut: A warrior for hire who is also a massage therapist.
Torn: A master carpenter who researches artifacts.
TJ: An apprentice of a lost art.
ZF: An artist with a unique ability.

DP: A knight shrouded in dark energy.
Frau: A warrior from Hell.
Alucard: An assassin skilled with his hands.
Bartmorth: A traitor to his master and his country.
Yoh: A merciless gladiator.

[Episode I – A New Tale]

Somewhere in Northern Fugotes…

A man shrouded in darkness kneels over a skeleton that he dug up. Pulling something out of his pocket, the man holds it close to the skeleton. Almost instantly, the skeleton grows back its muscle tissue, organs, skin, hair, and other bodily items. The newly resurrected man wakes up…

Trix: …Unh… What…? *opens eyes*

Man: There we are. I had hoped you would come to.

Trix: *looks around* What… What is this place? Am I dead?

Man: Hardly. At least, not anymore. You’ve been brought back to life.

Trix: *looks incredulously at the man before him* Did you do this to me?!

Man: Bring you back to life?

Trix: Yes!

Man: It is I who did this deed, yes.

Trix: Why?! I am supposed to be dead!

Man: *puzzled* I suppose I could kill you again, now that this experiment is complete.

Trix: That will not matter! You have disturbed the will of the Gods!

Man: I hardly feel that that’s fair. After all, this was just an experiment, and it worked. I now know what this is.

Trix: What what is? Who are you?

Man: Questions that need not be answered at this time. I take my leave of you, warrior from the past.

Trix: From the… wait a minute!

*the man disappears into the night*

Trix: Come back! …Dammit. Wait… my sword! My shield! …My clothes! Where are they?! …Where am I?

Meanwhile, in the Ubarni Ocean…

A ship with black sails floats on the water towards the near port of South Lyd. The two men commanding it are looking for a new place to victimize after having a close call with their previous endeavor…

Hanz: There we are – the port of South Lyd!

Precious: I just hope this campaign goes better than our last one…

Hanz: Hey, they didn’t catch us.

Precious: That’s because we stole this cursed ship.

Hanz: Not again… Look, it’s just a ship. It’s not cursed.

Precious: I’m not talking about the ship. Taking another pirate’s ship is bad luck, and whoever is the REAL owner of this ship probably is looking for it and will kill us when he finds it.

Hanz: So we’ll make a few changes to it – no one will notice. We’ll do that in this next port before we pillage.

Precious: I suppose that’ll work. We’ll have to be careful from now on, though – there aren’t many pirate ships out and about this day and age.

Hanz: I’m perfectly aware of that, thank you.

Precious: …Also, did you notice how the navy stopped when they saw us get onto this ship?

Hanz: Stop being worried about the ship! They were probably getting tired. They’re all old and fat from not doing anything. We did them a favor.

Meanwhile, at the Doracia Dojo…

The teacher of the Doracia Dojo addresses some of his students. This group of students will soon be facing a trial to prove they are ready to join the army…

Yvarg: Good morning, students.

All: Good morning, General Yvarg.

Yvarg: I have called you all here today to tell you something. This is the end of my first year of being off of the armed forces, and as such, my first year of teaching. While it was extremely difficult to give up the way of the warrior, I have never felt more self worth in my life, knowing that you have each learned so much in the past year. You all make me very proud.

All: Thank you, General.

Yvarg: The other thing I have to tell you is that tomorrow, you will each be facing the Dragon Trial, the final test of the students at this Dojo. I cannot help you with this trial. I will not even be able to be in the same area. However, I have faith that you will each do well. You will know whether or not you passed in less than a week. Are there any questions? …Yes, Kya.

Kya: What is the trial? Is it just a sparring exercise like the other trials?

Yvarg: I do not know what the trial is. When I was a student, I had to duel the leading warrior in the army. Of course, each of us lost, but it was based on how well we fared. I do not know if that is still the custom or not, and even if I did, I would be unable to disclose the information to you. Any other questions? …No? Very well, you are on leave until tomorrow. Please show up at the palace entrance before your scheduled time. Dismissed.

Kya: *comes forward as the others leave*

Yvarg: More questions, my pupil?

Kya: Um… no… I just wanted to thank you for all of your help.

Yvarg: Help? Ha ha – I did nothing. All I did was tell you how to practice. You’re the one who did all the work.

Kya: Nevertheless, you believed in me. None of our past teachers did…

Yvarg: Is that so? Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret – you are probably the most qualified to be in the army.

Kya: *wide eyed* You really mean that?

Yvarg: Of course I do. You’re one of the finest young warriors I’ve seen. …Oh, I’ll be late for dinner. I should… Oof!

*Kya embraces Yvarg*

Yvarg: Ha ha ha.

Kya: Thank you so much. *lets go* Say hi to your wife for me!

Yvarg: I will. Good luck tomorrow! *limps off*

Kya: *quietly* I’ll be fine… I hope…

Meanwhile, in Southeastern Locrat…

In a massage parlor, a traveling magician is getting some rest after a long trip.

Donut: *applying acupuncture needles* So you’re a magician?

SW: *face down* Mmph.

Donut: You don’t have to have your face in the mattress while you’re getting this done, you know.

SW: *pops head up* Oh. Yes.

Donut: Interesting. We don’t get many of those around here.

SW: Yeah, I’m from the coast area of Locrat. I’m on a nationwide tour, trying to get people interested in magic again.

Donut: Is it working?

SW: …Kind of… The kids like it, but all the adults seem kinda scared of me or something.

Donut: Well, magic is uncommon in this day and age. People fear what they don’t understand.

SW: I never thought that made any sense. I don’t understand acupuncture, yet I’m here getting my back pierced.

Donut: Heh. It’s a little more complicated than that. You won’t even notice the holes.

SW: That’s good. I don’t to appear freakier than I already do. Especially with the ladies.

Donut: You might want to be careful in this area for that – Karisnan women like to sneak across the border and… delight young Locratian men.

SW: Really? Do you think they’d go for a magician?

Donut: *sighs* Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

SW: Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?

Donut: Well, the Locratian Faire is in town, so I’ll probably be pretty busy. It’s my best day for business.

SW: You should come see my act! It’ll be great! You could set up a table near my booth and get some free publicity!

Donut: Hm… I’ll see what I can do. It’s a definite maybe.

SW: …I hate when people say that.

Meanwhile, near the Janistek-Aelud border…

A knight in silver armor walks south through the Janistek-Aelud Forest. He is on a goodwill mission to the neighboring kingdom of Aelud, a new ally in the constant feud with Fugotes. The contracts are made, but must be signed by both parties.

Phaeon: Heh. I never thought I’d see the day when Janistek and Aelud would be allies. Now if only Phryx wouldn’t side with Fugotes, we’d have a fighting chance… Hm?

*A knight on a Pegasus flies overhead, temporarily blocking the sun*

Phaeon: How very odd. Must be one of Aelud’s knights.

Haku: Hello there!

*Phaeon spins around. The knight had landed behind him and dismounted.*

Phaeon: Hello.

Haku: Are you the Janisteki ambassador?

Phaeon: I am. You must be the Aeludian ambassador.

Haku: Indeed. Well met. I am Sir Haku. *extends hand*

Phaeon: I am Sir Phaeon. *shakes hand*

Haku: I guess we’ll be fighting alongside each other more often now, huh?

Phaeon: Yes.

Haku: …You don’t talk much, do you?

Phaeon: Not really. Sorry.

Haku: No, not at all. To each his own.

Phaeon: Yes.

Haku: …Well, I suppose I should be going. Nice meeting you, Sir Phaeon.

Phaeon: And you as well, Sir Haku.

*Haku mounts his Pegasus and flies northward.*

Phaeon: …Okay then. *continues walking south*

Meanwhile, at a mansion on the peninsula of Ionam…

A woodsman chops some firewood for his household.

Torn: …There we are. All set. Rae, could you help carry these into the house?

Rae: Sure, Father.

Torn: Thank you. …You know, it’s great to see you grow up to be a fine man. I wish your mother were still alive to see you.

Rae: Me too… but there’s nothing we can do. There’s nothing you could’ve done.

Torn: *sighs* Even if I tell myself that, I can’t bring myself to believe it.

Rae: It’s okay, Dad. We’re doing fine.

Torn: Yes, yes we are. …Hey, what’s this? *picks up an odd metal fragment*

Rae: Looks like some kind of… metal.

Torn: Hm… Yes… It’s emitting some strange energy… I should examine it tonight.

Rae: *laughs* You never stop, do you Dad?

Torn: *smiles* Only when I die will I stop. And who knows – if there’s an afterlife, I might not even stop then. We’ll just have to wait and see. Let’s eat, huh? I’m starving.

[End of Episode I]

*In the next episode…*

SW: What the… what the hell is that thing?

Donut: I don’t know… but we’d better get everyone out of here…

SW: You help them – I’ll try to hold it off!

Donut: Okay! Good luck! Don’t die!

SW: …Thanks.

Torn: Holy…

Rae: What is it?

Torn: The metal fragment! It… fused with one of my axes!

Rae: …What are you going to do now?

Torn: Well, now the axe kind of has an aura of the same energy… so… I’ll start studying this.

Rae: *shakes head* You’re hopeless, Dad.

Kya: …What? There’s… there’s no way I can do this!

???: You must. It’s the only way to pass this trial.

Kya: But… but that’s wrong!

???: Do you want to be a part of this army? Or do you want to fail as I knew you would?

Kya: …I want to succeed…

???: Then do as I say. Kill him, and do it now.

Trix: Excuse me, but have you seen my clothes?

Women: *shrieks* You horrible man! *hurries off*

Trix: But I… Dammit!

Boy: Can you paint a portrait of me?

ZF: Of course. …Are you sure you don’t want a picture of a dog? Or maybe a cookie or something…

Boy: No! I want a portrait!

ZF: Okay… Jeez, calm down…

*as he paints, the picture becomes more and more realistic, soon looking as though it could jump off of the page…*

Frau: What is thy bidding, my master?

Lucifer: You will find the fragments of the demon sword Soul Edge, and bring them to me.

Frau: Master, is that not a legend?

Lucifer: I have seen it many a time. This legend is real, and it’s plaguing the surface world. I wish to be in control of that plague.

Frau: Yes, my master.

Torian: There is a disturbance in the world…

HoT: I feel it as well.

Torian: Then you know what you must do?

HoT: I believe so.

#2 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

In a hidden temple somewhere in Northern Fugotes…

The dark shrouded man kneels to an altar that hasn’t been used in millennia. As he chants words to an old prayer, smoke rises around the altar, then erupts into fire. An evil face appears before him, though only an illusion.

Lucifer: Rise, my agent of darkness.

Man: Master. I have done as you commanded.

Lucifer: Did what I foresee happen?

Man: Yes. In reaction to the metal fragment, the skeleton gained new life.

Lucifer: Excellent. You have done well, Frau. This is indeed a fragment of Soul Edge. I have another task for you.

Frau: What is thy bidding, my master?

Lucifer: You will find the fragments of the demon sword Soul Edge, and bring them to me.

Frau: Master, is that not a legend?

Lucifer: I have seen it many a time. This legend is real, and it’s plaguing the surface world. I wish to be in control of that plague.

Frau: Yes, my master. How am I to search for these fragments?

Lucifer: The piece that you have will call to others of its kind. It will radiate with more energy as it gets closer to these pieces. Find them all, and you will be greatly rewarded.

Frau: As you wish, my master.

*the face of Lucifer disappears, and the fire and smoke vanish*

Cast:
Tohru: A waitress and martial artist.

Robo: An army deserter who swears allegiance only to himself.

[Episode II – Spreading Danger]

At the Doracian Palace, around sunrise…

The students of the Doracian Dojo sit outside of the Palace. The first student has just entered to take the Dragon Trial.

Student 1: This is gonna be awesome! I can’t wait to make it into the army!

Student 2: Ha. You talk as if you’ve already passed the Dragon Trial.

Student 1: Well, hell, we’ve all made it this far with no problems. Why wouldn’t we pass the Dragon Trial? It can’t be as bad as everyone claims.

*the student that had entered the palace dashes out of the palace with tears in his eyes, not stopping to even look at the other students*

Student 1: …

Student 2: …I think you’re wrong.

Meanwhile, at the Aeludian Castle…

[i]Phaeon has successfully reached the Castle of the Aeludians and gotten the signature from the Aeludian King. He now journeys to meet a Janisteki messenger from, who will deliver one of the copies back to Janistek.

Phaeon: That was easier than I thought it would be. Good to know that we’ve got some allies against the Fugotesians.

*a dark knight appears from within the forest*

Phaeon: You must be the… *glares* You’re not a Janisteki.

DP: You are correct.

Phaeon: *reaches for DemonIron, his halberd* You Fugotesian bastard.

DP: Put away your weapon – I do not intend to fight. Yet. I just want to know what a Janisteki soldier is doing all the way in central Aelud.

Phaeon: *hand still near DemonIron* I fail to see how that’s any of your business.

DP: Oh come now – we like to know what our border countries are doing. I don’t see why it has to be so secretive.

Phaeon: Why don’t you tell your king to keep his nose out of other countries’ businesses?

DP: THAT secret, is it?

Phaeon: No, but it still doesn’t concern you. Yet.

DP: Touché. I see there’s no persuading you. I will leave now. Watch your back. *goes back into the forest*

Phaeon: *relaxes* Where do they get the idea that they run the world?

*a soldier appears*

Phaeon: Oh, good – it’s you. Here’s the… *glances in the direction that the knight went* …document. Make sure it gets to His Majesty quickly and safely. Also… *quietly* …there’s a Fugotesian knight roaming around the forest. If you see him, run. He looks dangerous, and this cannot fall into his hands. Do you understand?

Messenger: *looking more than a little worried* Yes, Sir Phaeon.

Phaeon: Good. Go now.

Meanwhile, at Torn’s mansion…

Torn: Hm… This is peculiar… It doesn’t seem to be iron or steel… or any other kind of metal… I wonder if its durability is comparable to other metals.

*Torn picks up Ion, one of his axes, and touches the fragment with the butt end of it*

Torn: Doesn’t seem any harder or softer than my…

*Torn’s eyes widen. As he speaks, the fragment slowly melts into Ion and disappears entirely*

Torn: Holy…

Rae: *enters his father’s study* What is it?

Torn: The metal fragment! It… fused with Ion!

Rae: …What are you going to do now?

Torn: Well, now Ion kind of has an aura of the same energy… so… I’ll start studying this.

Rae: *shakes head* You’re hopeless, Dad.

Torn: Heh. You’re probably right. I think I remember it being in one of these books. Now which one is it…?

Rae: Hey, when you’re done, could you spar against me again? I want some more training before I go to the arena tomorrow.

Torn: Again? You’ll be fine – you’re a great swordsman.

Rae: The more practice, the better.

Torn: I suppose… Very well. Once I find this book, I’ll come down and we can practice. This time, though… let’s do it outside.

Rae: Haha – good idea. *leaves and closes the door behind him*

Torn: Now… what book was that…? *combs through his library* Ah, here it is.

*Torn removes a black covered book from the shelf entitled “My Realized Dream”. The author’s name is Zasalamel. Torn pages through until he finds the chapter entitled “Souls and Swords”*

Torn: *reading aloud* “If I were to finally die, I would need to create an event that was catastrophic. The ideal event would be the confrontation of Soul Calibur, the spirit sword, and Soul Edge, the demonic sword. Soul Calibur would need to be retrieved from whoever was holding onto it – it would be difficult to find. Soul Edge, on the other hand… All I’d have to do is find a fragment and fuse it with an empty shell or weapon…” That’s it! This is a fragment of Soul Edge! …Hm… I should do more research on this sword. He called it a demonic sword… Ah well, later. I have to duel Rae first.

*Torn puts down the book, picks up his axes, and goes down the stairs towards the kitchen*

Torn: Rae, I’m…

*Torn stops. Many of the dishes in the kitchen are shattered, as if a struggle had broken out.*

Torn: What… What’s this…?

*Torn goes towards the table, where a note lays beneath a playing card – the Ace of Spades*

Torn: Oh no… *picks up the letter* “Master Torn: I hope this letter finds you in good health. However, the same may not be said for your son. You are late in your payments – again. We’ve given you numerous chances to pay on time. If you do not pay your dues in 30 days, your son will suffer the same fate as your wife. It’s too bad – your wife was such a lovely girl, and your son actually put up a bit of a fight. I’d hate to think that both of their lives are to end because of you. You know where to deliver the money. Have a good day. – Sincerely, The Ace Assassins”

*as he finishes the letter, Torn takes Ion and slices the card in two*

Meanwhile, in the desert of Phryx…

The Nomadic Tribe of Phryx is a peaceful tribe, and they keep mostly to themselves. The Magna Fortress is as close to a permanent settlement as they will get. Within the fortress walls, HoT, one of the 5 Sand Serpents that lead the Phryxian Army in times of war, practices her fighting skills, when she is suddenly interrupted by Tourian, the leader of the Tribe.

Tourian: HoT!

HoT: *startled* I told you not to do that, my lord.

Tourian: I apologize. I know that your training is important. However, we have a problem.

HoT: What is it?

Torian: There is a disturbance in the world…

HoT: I feel it as well.

Torian: Then you know what you must do?

HoT: I believe so. I’ll round up the other Sand Serpents immediately.

Tourian: Good. I will see you outside of the Fortress walls shortly.

*a few moments later, outside of the Fortress…*

Tourian: I am sure you all know why you’ve been brought forward. You all have felt the shifting in the world, as if it were crying out in anguish. You are my five finest warriors, which is why I call you the five Sand Serpents – you strike hard, fast, and leave no chance for recovery. I would like you to each traverse the land and see if you can discover anything about what has happened. HoT, I want you to visit Corel, Locrat, Doracia, and Janistek.

HoT: Understood.

Tourian: Zeno, you are to visit the Split Kingdom of Lyd – all three factions.

Zeno: Yes, sir.

Tourian: Palia, you will search all of Fugotes.

Palia: Very well.

Tourian: Garn, go to Linta and Ionam.

Garn: You got it.

Tourian: Jayv, you can take the remaining Aelud, Amena, and Karisna.

Jayv: It will be so.

Tourian: One more thing before you each set off… *Tourian reaches in a bag he has and takes out 5 Shamshirs – each shining with a holy light* I want each of you to take one of the Shamshirs of Light.

Zeno: Are you sure?

Garn: These are Phryxian Sacred Weapons…

Palia: What if we don’t return?

HoT: I’m hesitant to touch one…

Jayv: Will our own weapons not be strong enough?

Tourian: These Holy Weapons will aid you in your searches. I do not doubt your skills as warriors, but these will increase your potential tenfold. If you do not return, we will recover the weapons at another time – do not be afraid. They are weapons, not relics.

*Each Sand Serpent takes a Shamshir of Light. The glow of the swords fills the sky.*

Tourian: Good luck to each of you. I pray for your safe return.

Meanwhile, in Fugot, the capital of Fugotes…

Trix: A city! At last! I’m out of the wilderness! …Everyone appears to be clothed… Excuse me, but have you seen my clothes?

Women: *shrieks* You horrible man! *hurries off*

Trix: But I… Dammit!

Little Girl: Mommy, what’s that?

Mother: That’s nothing, Frea! Come along! *glaring at Trix* You should be ashamed of yourself. Have you no decency?!

Trix: No, it’s not like… that…

*Trix moves through the city, getting horrified looks from everyone he sees.*

Trix: I must be able to get help SOMEWHERE… Ah, a tailor! Maybe I can get some new clothes.

*Trix walks inside. The shop-owner avoids looking at him.*

Trix: Excuse me – I’d like to get some clothes.

Owner: I bet you would.

Trix: I am unable to pay you right now, but I promise I will trade you 2 sheep and a duck for some good clothes.

Owner: …How about I give you a pair of underwear and a shawl in exchange for you to get out of my store.

Trix: Really? That hardly seems like an even trade – you’re getting a bad bargain.

Owner: No, I’ll be fine. Trust me.

*The owner goes into the back and gets a pair of old underwear and a tattered cloth.*

Owner: There you are. Now please leave. You’re scaring the customers away.

Trix: Hmph. You won’t get many customers at all with that attitude.

*Trix leaves*

Trix: *to self* Why are people so against nudity? It was perfectly normal in Greece… Hm… I suppose I should get some sandals, too. Excuse me, miss?

Lady: *looks at Trix* I don’t have any money to give. Get away from me, you beggar.

Trix: No, no, no – nothing like that. I was wondering where I could get some sandals.

Lady: …Sandals? You’re not from around here, are you?

Trix: No, actually I’m from Greece.

Lady: …Greece? Never heard of it.

Trix: Never heard of… It used to be the finest land in the world! It has… decayed, I’ll admit. Have you never heard of the Olympics? Zeus and the Gods?

Lady: …You’re crazy. Did you hit your head or something?

Trix: No… I have recently come back from the dead, though.

Lady: …Do me a big favor.

Trix: Hm?

Lady: Never speak to me again. *rushes off*

Trix: What is WITH these people?! Do they know NOTHING of the outside world? …Well, I suppose I’ll keep looking for sandals… Wait, what’s that?

*Trix sees the Fugotesian Museum of Natural History.*

Trix: Maybe that will answer some questions…

*Trix goes inside (as it’s free admission) and looks around.*

Trix: Interesting… There seems to be nothing of Greece or Rome or Egypt or anything like that…

*Trix stops at a display case with a sword inside.*

Trix: This… Is this it? *studies the writing* It IS! This is my sword! The Alpha Sword! *reads the description* “Unknown weapon – Unknown origin”. These people know NOTHING! *smashes glass*

Museum Guard: Hey! What are you doing?

Trix: I’m taking back my sword! The Gods have led me here to reclaim it!

Guard: You’ll be seeing the Gods soon if you don’t put it back. *cocks shotgun*

Trix: Been there, done that. *grabs Alpha Sword and runs*

Guard: Hey! Get back here! *fires warning shot*

Trix: *dodges bullet* Wow, they’ve got some powerful stuff nowadays. I wish I knew where I was… And when…

Meanwhile, in Central Karisna…

In the central plaza of Karis, the capital, an artist is hoping to make paintings for people.

ZF: Hm… I wonder if I’ll get any work today… Oh, here comes someone.

Boy: Can you paint a portrait of me?

ZF: Of course. …Are you sure you don’t want a picture of a dog? Or maybe a cookie or something…

Boy: No! I want a portrait!

ZF: Okay… Jeez, calm down…

*as he paints, the picture becomes more and more realistic, soon looking as though it could jump off of the page…*

Boy: Are you done yet?

ZF: Sit still, kid. You’ll just have to be patient. …There, done.

Boy: *looking* Wow! It looks just like…

*The boy in the painting jumps off of the page and stands in front of the boy*

Boy: …Wha… What the…

Copy: That’s what I’m wondering. Who are you?

Boy: I’m Jonny!

Copy: You can’t be! I’M Jonny!

Boy: Nuh uh!

Copy: Yuh huh!

Boy: *starts to cry and runs off* Mommy!

Copy: *imitates and follows*

ZF: I warned you… *paints an apple and eats it*

Back at the Doracian Palace…

Kya is the only student left. Every other student has entered the palace and either come out weeping, angry, scared, or confused.

Kya: …Oh, General Yvarg… I hope you’re right…

*A guard of the Palace come out of the front doors.*

Guard: You’re the last one?

Kya: *nods*

Guard: It’s your turn. Good luck.

Kya: Thank you.

*Kya is led through a narrow hallway with many intricate drawings of heroes and legends. Its exit is the Throne Room, where Emperor Dorac awaits her.*

Dorac: Come, prospective soldier.

Kya: *slowly proceeds* Here I am, Your Excellency.

Dorac: You have done well to make it to the Dragon Trial. This will be the most difficult trial you will face as a student, maybe in your life. If you pass, you will be admitted into the army.

Kya: …What is it that you will have me do, Your Excellency?

Dorac: You must kill someone.

Kya: …What?

Dorac: The man you must kill is a threat to the entire Empire and must be eliminated. Can you do this?

Kya: …For the sake of the Empire, yes.

Dorac: Good. The man you must kill… is your teacher.

Kya: General Yvarg?!

Dorac: Yes. The Empire can only survive once he is dead.

Kya: …What? There’s… there’s no way I can do this!

Dorac: You must. It’s the only way to pass this trial.

Kya: But… but that’s wrong!

Dorac: Do you want to be a part of this army? Or do you want to fail as your other teachers knew you would?

Kya: …I want to succeed…

Dorac: Then do as I say. Kill him, and do it now.

Meanwhile, in Southeastern Locrat…

The Locratian Faire is in town, and SW has a booth set up for Magic Shows.

SW: How’s it going, kids?

Kids: Goooood!

SW: Good! How about you, Mom and Dad?

Parents: *mumble*

SW: All right! So kids – what do you think of… magic?

Kid: Mommy told me magic’s not real.

SW: Oh, she did, did she? Well, we’ll see about that, won’t we?

*SW waves his hands, and a bird appears and flies away*

Kids: Ooooo…

Donut: *nearby, with a booth of his own* There you go, sir! You’re all set!

Man: Thanks, Donut! Hey, what’s up with that guy?

*SW creates a ring of fire – the kids watch in awe*

Donut: Heheh – I don’t really know. The kids love him, though.

Man: It’s… unnatural. Gives me the creeps. I’m gonna go. Thanks again!

Donut: Anytime. *continues to watch SW*

SW: See that man over there, kids?

Kids: Yes!

SW: That’s my good friend, Donut! Everyone say “Hi, Donut!”

Kids: Hi, Donut!

Donut: Hi, kids!

SW: Now, kids, I want one of you to do me a favor. Who wants to help me?

Kids: I do! I do!

SW: Okay, okay… um… you! You can help! Come up here!

Kid: *walks up to SW* Whatcha need, mister?

SW: Give this… *something appears in his hand* to Donut!

Kid: *giggle* Okay!

*The kid walks up to Donut and hands him the item – a doughnut*

Donut: *gives SW a wry look* Thanks.

*The kids laugh*

SW: Well, that’s it for now, kids! Have a good rest of the day!

*The kids all applaud like crazy, while the adults try to pull their children away from SW as quickly as possible*

SW: Well… all right, then. How’s your business going?

Donut: *eating doughnut* Pretty well. You really made this?

SW: Yeah… nothing special. Food is easy. Fire’s more difficult, because it’s not a complete solid.

Donut: …Impressive.

*An uproar occurs in the center plaza*

SW: What’s that?

*As they look, they see a man shrouded in darkness, with two curved short swords. He’s rampaging through the Faire, killing innocent people*

Frau: *picks up a man* Where is it?

Man: I… I… I don’t know what you’re talking about…

Frau: You’re worthless. *kills*

SW: What the… what the hell is that thing?

Donut: I don’t know… but we’d better get everyone out of here…

SW: You help them – I’ll try to hold it off!

Donut: Okay! Good luck! Don’t die!

SW: …Thanks.

[End of Episode II]

*In the next episode…*

SW: What do you want, you sick bastard?!

Frau: What does it mean to you? You will die by my hand, and then it won’t matter if you know or not.

Donut: You’ll tell us. Now.

Frau: Hmph. I see that you need people to help you with your problems. Do you do anything by yourself?

SW: Oh, that’s it! *readies El Bromista*

LM: Did you do this?

Bartmorth: What? I… I…

LM: DID YOU DO THIS?!

Bartmorth: Ahh! *runs*

LM: You will die by my hand! *chases*

Hanz: I don’t think we need any more recruits…

Precious: That’s where you’re mistaken. The more people we have, the more treasure we can carry.

Hanz: …Good point.

???: …

MoM: What’s this?

Demon: Mwa ha ha! I have escaped! You cannot stop me now, MoM!

MoM: Oh yeah? *unsheathes Gin Shirube* We’ll see about that!

Yvarg: *singing* I look at the sun, and I see your face… I look at the clouds, and I think of your smile…

Kya: *hiding behind a tree* …I… I don’t want to do this… but… I have to… *pulls back an arrow, ready to release it from her bow*

#3 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

Near the border of North Lyd…

A young man runs south to escape from a mob of pursuers.

Noble: Come back here!

Bartmorth: *carrying the national treasure, a golden flail* No way! This country doesn’t deserve this artifact!

As Bartmorth crosses a frozen lake, he gets an idea. Once on the other side, he smashes the lake with the flail, breaking the ice.

Nobles: *slipping* Wha… AH! *fall in*

Bartmorth: At last… I got away from them…

As he listens, though, he also hears the howling and whining of the arctic wolves that live in the surrounding environment.

Bartmorth: …Oh well. At least I’m safe.

A wild man, dressed in only a fur, drops from a nearby tree.

LM: Did you do this?

Bartmorth: What? I… I…

LM: DID YOU DO THIS?!

Bartmorth: Ahh! *runs*

LM: You will die by my hand! *chases*

Cast:

[Episode III – Legends In Life]

At a temple in Corel…

A clan of demon captors known as Circium rests after their most recent crusade. One of the veterans checks on the captured souls.

MoM: Well, everything went smoothly that time. Soon the world will be rid of –

An explosion in one of the corners of the room alerts MoM.

MoM: What’s this?

Demon: Mwa ha ha! I have escaped! You cannot stop me now, MoM!

MoM: Oh yeah? *unsheathes Gin Shirube* We’ll see about that!

MoM jumps high into the air and swings Gin Shirube towards the demon, but the demon dodges her attack and disappears, leaving behind the echo of his sinister laugh.

MoM: *landing hard on the ground* Oof!

Circium Member: My Lady! What happened?

MoM: *scowling* Spardento escaped.

CM: We’ll depart immediately and search the area.

MoM: No. I let him escape. It’s my duty to bring him back.

CM: And how do you think you’ll find him? Just with your sword? You’ll need a lead or something.

MoM: I already have one. Have you heard of Soul Edge?

CM: The fabled demon sword? Of course.

MoM: One of the demons I captured was talking about it with Spardento before I got there. I have a feeling that if I find Soul Edge, I’ll find Spardento.

CM: That’s probably true… and the evil energy in this world has increased a large amount, even with the demons being captured, so it’s probably a real item… Are you sure you won’t require any assistance?

MoM: I’m positive. But thank you for your concern.

CM: …All right… but be careful. If Soul Edge is as powerful as I’ve heard, you’ll have a difficult time fighting Spardento if he gets to it first.

MoM: I’m aware of that. That’s why I’m leaving now.

MoM makes an intricate design in the air with her hands and disappears.

Meanwhile, in a bar in South Lyd…

Hanz and Precious enter and look around. The bar patrons (or, at least, those who are still conscious) don’t bother looking at the two.

Hanz: Friendly place.

Precious: Indeed.

They walk up to the bar and sit down next to an angry looking soldier.

Hanz: Two beers, bartender.

Precious: I’ll take two beers, too.

Hanz: *glares at Precious*

Precious: Sorry. Couldn’t help it.

Hanz: Yeah. Sure.

Precious: *looking at the soldier* You don’t look so good.

???: I’m not so good.

Precious: Sorry to hear it.

Hanz: You can have Precious’ beer, if you want.

Precious: Hey!

???: …

Hanz: So what’s the problem?

???: I was in the Southern Lydian Army, but before one of the battles, a group of us deserted. We didn’t really want to fight Central Lyd – we have friends up there. Anyway, most of us died. I managed to get away with a broken arm.

Precious: It looks fine to me.

The soldier rolls back his left sleeve to show a mechanical arm.

Precious: Whoa.

???: That’s what gave me my nickname – Robo.

Hanz: So when did that happen?

Robo: About a month ago. There wasn’t even any reason for the war – not that we know of. Like that’s anything new, but at least there are usually rumors surrounding the nature of the war. This time, nothing.

Precious: Why are you still in the bars if it happened a full month ago?

Robo: They know that one person escaped. I’ve been moving from place to place trying to avoid them. It’s worked so far, but I don’t have many more places to go.

Precious: We could get you on our ship and out of the country.

Hanz: I don’t think we need any more recruits…

Precious: That’s where you’re mistaken. The more people we have, the more treasure we can carry.

Hanz: …Good point.

Robo: …You two are pirates?

Precious: You could say that.

Robo: I did say that. Would YOU say that?

Hanz: …Yes.

Robo: Not that I really care.

Precious: Then why’d you ask?

Robo: Curiosity.

Hanz: So would you like to become part of the Blacktooth Pirates?

Precious: We never decided on that name.

Hanz: It sounds better than yours.

Precious: “Sea Wolves” is better than “Blacktooth Pirates”. At least the fact that we’re pirates isn’t blatantly obvious.

Robo: I’ll come with you, but I will not swear allegiance to you.

Hanz: What are you, some kind of rebel?

Robo: I call it “lawfully disinclined”.

Precious: Sounds good! Welcome aboard! Now let’s get some paint.

Robo: …Paint?

Hanz: We stole someone else’s ship, and we want to make sure that it’s disguised.

Robo: …Classy.

Hanz: Shut up.

Meanwhile, in Locrat…

Frau: It is around here somewhere… I know it is…

SW: You looking for a fight?

Frau looks at SW.

Frau: Do not concern yourself with me. I can kill you if I must. Like this child.

Frau picks up one of the children that attended SW’s show and crushes his neck.

SW: What do you want, you sick bastard?!

Frau: What does it mean to you? You will die by my hand, and then it won’t matter if you know or not.

Donut: *comes up behind Frau* You’ll tell us. Now.

Frau: Hmph. I see that you need people to help you with your problems. Do you do anything by yourself?

SW: Oh, that’s it! *readies El Bromista*

Frau: Oh, you want to play the hard way?

As he speaks, his Blades of Chaos start on fire, as do his eyes.

Donut: What the… What the hell?

Frau: You know nothing of Hell. I, however, am an expert on the subject. *swings blade at Donut*

Donut: *quickly blocks with Belle Epoque* You’ll have to be faster than that.

SW: YAH! *attacks*

Frau: *blocks with other blade* I see we are at an impasse. Well, since I can’t find what I’m looking for, I’m going to head south. Follow me, if you dare. *disappears in a puff of smoke*

SW and Donut, who until recently were pushing against Frau’s blades, fall forward and crash into each other.

SW: Owww… You all right?

Donut: Ugh… I think so…

SW: So now what do we do?

Donut: We have to follow him. Wherever he goes, death will likely follow. Plus, I know someone we can meet up with.

Meanwhile, outside the Doracian Temple…

Yvarg is sitting outside of his house, playing his Nyckelharpa.

Yvarg: *singing* I look at the sun, and I see your face… I look at the clouds, and I think of your smile…

Kya: *hiding behind a tree* …I… I don’t want to do this… but… I have to… *pulls back an arrow, ready to release it from her bow*

Yvarg: *still singing* You are the only one I –

An arrow whizzes right by his right ear and hits the tree in front of him.

Yvarg: *turns around* …Kya? Why did you do that? …Hm. I know you do not want to kill me – you certainly didn’t have to miss.

Kya: *tears in her eyes* I… I can’t do it… *breaks down*

Yvarg: Of course you can, Kya… *walks towards her to comfort her* You are a very strong willed individual, and –

Kya: *sobbing* The… Trial… is… to… kill… you…

Yvarg: …I see… So it has come to this…

Suddenly, one of the other students jumps out of the bushes, screaming, with his sword raised. Yvarg pulls out his Nodachi and disarms him, then knocks him out.

Yvarg: …It is not safe here. I must go.

Kya: Take me with!

Yvarg: It is dangerous, Kya. Doracia will likely hunt me down, and if you’re with me, you will die as well.

Kya: I don’t care! I don’t have anywhere else to go!

Yvarg: …I trust you. Let’s hurry and get out of here.

Meanwhile, in an old temple in Central Amena…

Edgemaster: That is all I have for you right now.

TJ: …What? Surely this can’t be all there is to this art…

Edgemaster: You are correct, but you are not ready to learn more yet.

TJ: Dammit.

Edgemaster: Patience, TJ. The art of Battle Yo-Yos is a very rare and confusing discipline. You have enough for the task at hand.

TJ: What task?

Edgemaster: The Demon Sword, Soul Edge, is coming back into this world. Slowly but surely, it is regaining its strength. You must stop its growth.

TJ: Why me?

Edgemaster: Oh, no – I’m not going to get into that argument again.

TJ: Heheh – sorry.

Edgemaster: Go to Karisna first. You will find some clues there as to the location of Soul Edge.

TJ: Don’t you know, Master?

Edgemaster: I’m afraid I don’t. The Sword is a difficult thing to find using the mind, and even if I managed to do so, it is likely that the Sword will corrupt my very being.

TJ: It’s THAT powerful?

Edgemaster: It is. Good luck. Use Roger and Bridget well.

TJ: …I can’t believe these things have names…

[End of Episode III]

*In the next episode…*

DemonIron: I have an idea…

Phaeon: Oh, shut up.

DemonIron: It’ll work, I swear.

Phaeon: You said that last time.

Soldier: …Sir Phaeon? Who are you talking to?

Phaeon: …Never mind.

Haku: I don’t like the look in your eyes…

DP: I get that a lot. What’re you gonna do?

Haku: …I’m watching you.

DP: I can see that. Unless you’re lazy-eyed.

Torn: A coliseum! This should be a good way to make money!

Yoh: You’re signing up?

Torn: Yes. I have to.

Yoh: Ha. Good luck. You’ll need it against the Champion.

Torn: Who’s the Champion?

Yoh walks away.

Torn: Hey! I asked you a question! …Dammit all…

Hanz: Finally, it’s all painted up.

Precious: Yes – this will do nicely.

Robo: You guys are mad.

Hanz: Why do you say that?

Robo: Do you even know whose ship this was?

Precious: No, but “___ ______” is a dumb name for a –

???: *walks forward* So tell me… What’s become of my ship? *aims and cocks _______*

#4 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

In the middle of Central Lyd…

Bartmorth has wisely covered himself with a ragged cloak to hide his features.

Bartmorth: Well, this will suit me nicely. Hopefully that crazy guy won’t find me…

As he looks to his left, he sees the crazed man searching for him. The locals seem to avoid his gaze, and Bartmorth does the same and ducks into a tavern. He walks up to the bar.

Bartmorth: I’ll have a beer, bartender.

Bartender: You got it. *gets him a beer*

Bartmorth: Thank you.

Bartender: You look troubled, friend. What’s the matter?

Bartmorth: Oh, nothing – just trying to get away.

Bartender: Good idea. With all of the wars going on, it’s best to just get off this forsaken island.

Bartmorth: Then why are you still here?

Bartender: *shrugs* With all of the chaos, business is very good for everyone who wants to drown their sorrows.

Bartmorth: Good point. Hey, what’s the deal with that wild man up north?

Bartender: Oh, him. No one knows who he is. He seems to call himself “LM”, but we don’t know what it stands for. He’s crazy. They say he was raised by wolves.

Bartmorth: …Really?

Bartender: Well, we don’t know for sure, but he sure acts like it. He’s gained an amazing immunity to cold – all he wears are a couple of furs. He carries a mean looking double voulge. I’d be careful of him.

Bartmorth: I may have angered him, actually.

Bartender: Good luck with that. Most people aren’t able to run away from him. …You look kind of familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?

Bartmorth: *covering his face more with his cloak* I don’t think so…

Bartender: Bah, it’s no business of mine. Either way, if he’s after you, you’d best keep moving – he’ll likely be here at some point.

Bartmorth: Oh. Thank you. *places a goodly amount of money on the counter and runs out, narrowly passing LM as he walks in*

Bartender: Nice. *grabs the coins*

LM: You. Bartender. I’m looking for someone.

Bartender: I see a lot of people in here. I can’t guarantee that I –

LM: *whips out Twin Snake, his double voulge, and hold it at the bartender’s neck* You want to keep that money?

Bartender: You just missed him.

Cast:

[Episode IV – Rising Tension]

Meanwhile, in northern Janistek…

Haku takes Gaellian, his Pegasus, out for a walk.

Haku: Do you think this is wise? Siding with Janistek, I mean?

Gaellian: *looks at him*

Haku: *sighs* I suppose… There’s not much other choice with the growing military potential of Fugotes, someone has to stand up for themselves. I just wish that Phryx wasn’t so introverted. They keep to themselves too much, don’t you think?

Gaellian:*eats some grass*

Haku: Yeah, I know! It’s like they don’t even care about the rest of the world. Fugotes will probably take them over next.

???: What makes you say that?

Haku whirls around. Behind him is a man dressed in black armor.

Haku: You’re a Fugotesian!

DP: You people never cease to amaze me with your observational skills.

Haku: What do you want?

DP: I want to know why you think that Fugotes is so evil that they would want to take over Phryx. I mean, we have indeed increased our military, but we can feel a war in the air.

Haku: You made the air this way, you realize. You’ve already taken over two countries – who knows when you’ll strike again?

DP: We do.

Haku: I don’t like the look in your eyes…

DP: I get that a lot. What’re you gonna do?

Haku: …I’m watching you.

DP: I can see that. Unless you’re lazy-eyed. *walks off*

Haku: I have a feeling we’ll have to take care of him later, Gaellian.

Gaellian: *chews grass*

Meanwhile, in northwestern Karisna…

SW and Donut make their way to a tavern.

SW: Karisna, huh? This is incredible! So many lovely ladies!

Donut: Let’s not get sidetracked. He said he was going south, and we unfortunately have to pass through this Godless place to do it.

SW: So wouldn’t we want to get out of here as quickly as possible? Why are we going to a bar?

Donut: I have a friend here who I helped once. She could easily help us in our trip.

SW: I thought you said that Karisnan women weren’t very trustworthy.

Donut: This girl just works in Karisna – she’s a Fugotesian by birth. Let’s go in.

SW and Donut enter the tavern. The patrons are all either passed out, on their way to being passed out, or playing with some of the local girls. One girl, the bartender, does not associate with any of them.

Donut: Hey, Tohru!

Tohru: …Donut? What are you doing here?

Donut: Nice to see you, too.

Tohru: Hee hee – sorry. Just surprised is all. How are you?

Donut: I’m doing well, and yourself?

Tohru: Oh, you know… *looks at a man as he slumps off his chair and collapses onto the floor* …the usual.

Donut: Heheh.

SW: You know, you’re very pretty. Did you want to –

Tohru: *whips out a staff and hits SW on the head, knocking him out*

Donut: Oh, whoops – forgot to warn him. This is SW. He’s a magician.

Tohru: Oh, sorry! I didn’t know!

Donut: It’s okay – don’t worry about it.

Tohru: Not much of a magician if he didn’t see that coming.

Donut: Heh. Well, anyway, we’re on our way south. You remember the Locratian Festival?

Tohru: *nods* How could I forget?

Donut: No, I meant the event, not when we met.

Tohru: Oh, sorry.

Donut: It’s okay – stop apologizing.

Tohru: Okay. Sorry. …Oh, whoops!

Donut: Hahaha. Anyway, it was going fine – SW was performing magic, and I brought a table outside to get some extra publicity.

Tohru: Good idea.

Donut: His idea, actually.

SW: *slowly coming to* Your friend is cool. They’re both very powerful.

Tohru: Hee hee.

Donut: At any rate, this guy showed up and started murdering innocent people. Said he was looking for something.

Tohru: That’s horrible!

Donut: I know. Well, SW and I managed to take him on, but he disappeared and said he was going south.

Tohru: I haven’t seen anything – sorry.

Donut: …I’m gonna let that one slide.

Tohru: Dammit.

SW: *still slightly loopy* I like slides! Wheeee!

Tohru: I can come with if you want, though.

Donut: Are you sure? I don’t want you to leave this place, or the booze for that matter, unguarded.

Tohru: I’ll just let my boss know I’m going on an extended leave. He’ll be fine with it. And if not, too bad – I hate this crappy job anyway.

Donut: Okay, then! Let’s go!

Tohru: Sounds good!

SW: *finally wide awake* Wait, what just happened?

Meanwhile, in the Aeludian Throne Room…

The Aeludian King has called together his advisors and ambassadors for a meeting, which is drawing to a close.

King: …So we have to take them by force as soon as possible, but we need someone to brave the desert and find the Nomadic Tribe of Phryx. Sir Phaeon has been kind enough to volunteer.

Aeludian Advisor: Is it wise to trust a… foreigner… in such crucial matters?

King: In case you have forgotten, we are allies now, and a good alliance begins with trust. Janistek needs their help as much as we do. I trust Sir Phaeon to do this task.

Phaeon: Thank you, your Majesty.

King: Dismissed, everyone. Good luck, Sir Phaeon.

Later, at the main gates of the Aeludian Castle…

Soldier: I hope you’re not too offended by my going with you. Part of it is because the elders are still wary of you, but I think it’s great to be able to see a great knight in action and learn from him.

Phaeon: …Okay.

Soldier: How do you think we’ll be able to convince them to join us?

Phaeon: I think that once we tell them how much danger Fugotes poses, they’ll see it our way. The hard part is going to be finding them.

Soldier: How do you plan to do that.

Phaeon: I don’t know.

DemonIron (his halberd): Psst.

Phaeon: *groans*

DemonIron: I have an idea…

Phaeon: Oh, shut up.

DemonIron: It’ll work, I swear.

Phaeon: You said that last time.

Soldier: …Sir Phaeon? Who are you talking to?

Phaeon: …Never mind.

Soldier: Because I didn’t say anything…

Phaeon: I am fully aware of that.

Soldier: …Are you crazy?

Phaeon: …Not yet. I’ll tell you about it on the ride.

Meanwhile, in Central Ionam…

Torn has made it to the main city in Ionam, the capital Iolis.

Torn: *sighs* I need a lot of money… I hardly have any to pay the Ace Assassins…

As he walks down the street, he sees a large building on the horizon. As he gets closer, he recognizes the design…

Torn: A coliseum! This should be a good way to make money!

Yoh: You’re signing up?

Torn: *turns to his left to face the man who just spoke to him* Yes. I have to.

Yoh: Ha. Good luck. You’ll need it against the Champion.

Torn: Who’s the Champion?

Yoh walks away.

Torn: Hey! I asked you a question! …Dammit all… Oh well. I suppose I should register.

Torn walks through the front entrance and makes his way to the registration table.

Torn: I’d like to –

Receptionist: Hey, hold on a second, will ya?! I’m workin’ here!

Torn: …

As he stands in front of the desk, he has the sudden urge to kill the receptionist. It’s only a small urge, and he is able to ignore it, but he wonders where it comes from, as he’s never had that kind of a thought before.

Receptionist: Okay, whaddya want?!

Torn: …I’d like to register as a gladiator.

Receptionist: You? You sure? Ha ha ha ha ha! Okay. Name?

Torn: *the urge appears again, but is again quelled easily* Torn.

Receptionist: I bet you are. Go down the hall, first door on the right. That’s the room for all of the newbies. Don’t worry – you won’t be in there long.

Torn: Good.

Receptionist: You’ll be dead! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Torn: …Uh huh…

Torn walks down the hall, still confused partially by the receptionist’s actions and partially by the murderous thoughts in his head. He dismisses the thoughts as probably just anger at the Ace Assassins and walks into the room.

Gladiator: Hey, fresh meat!

Torn: …Nice to meet you too.

Gladiator: Ha, I’m just kidding. Name’s Ripper. I’ve been here a while, so if you need anything, just ask.

Torn: Why are you still in the Newbie Room if you’ve been here for a while?

Ripper: Well, I tell ya, you can either try to be the best, or you can try to stay alive. Me, I like being alive. Yesterday, some kid came in here and wiped everyone out. I was lucky enough to not have to fight him, but a lot of the other guys either died or became too injured to fight for a long time.

Torn: Holy crap!

Ripper: Hey, it’s how it goes here – dying is common. Not as common as it was yesterday, I’ll admit, but still fairly common.

Torn: What do I fight first?

Ripper: Probably a lion.

Torn: A LION?!

Ripper: *shrugs* It’s standard. You’ll get used to it. They’re not so bad once you fight three or four – after that, it’s easy.

Torn: Any hints?

Ripper: Well, don’t die.

Torn: …Any real hints?

Ripper: Don’t let it get on top of you. If you do, you’re done. One guy found that out the hard way last week. That lion was full for quite a while after that. Then he got killed by Yoh.

Torn: Yoh?

Ripper: The guy who came yesterday. He’s the champion now. I probably will never have to fight him unless I actually use all of my skills and win a lot of battles. I could do it, but like I said, I like being alive.

Torn: Don’t we just fight animals?

Ripper: Oh, no – not if you want to get farther in the ranks. The more animals you fight, the more prestige and practice you get. The more people you beat, the higher your rank. Once a month we have a people war where there are no animal battles – just man versus man. That was yesterday. You lucked out. You can challenge anyone anytime you want, but just be careful – the champion can challenge anyone he wants, so try not to get too popular.

Torn: Sounds like a good plan.

Ripper: I like it myself.

Meanwhile, in the port of Southern Lyd…

Hanz and Precious are putting on the finishing touches of repainting the ship.

Robo: *walking around the ship for the first time* It’s a nice vessel. I’m surprised that you aren’t being chased for it.

Precious: I think we are, actually.

Robo: Oh. Good. I’d hate to think that we don’t have any enemies already.

Hanz: Heh. It happens.

Robo: I suppose so. I wonder if it’s a powerful enemy, or some kind of weakli- *notices the name of the ship and stops*

Hanz: Finally, it’s all painted up.

Precious: Yes – this will do nicely.

Robo: You guys are mad.

Hanz: Why do you say that?

Robo: Do you even know whose ship this was?

Precious: No, but “The Adrian” is a dumb name for a –

???: *walks forward* So tell me… What’s become of my ship? *aims and cocks his gunblade*

Robo: Oh Poop! It’s him! Let’s go!

Hanz & Precious: …Not good.

The man holding the gunblade at them has a ragged white beard, a pirate hat, and a full uniform. In his right hand, he holds the gunblade – in his left, a nasty looking sword that seems to be seething with evil energy. His eyes have no color, and his skin is bluish purple in color.

???: COME WITH ME TO HELL! *fires the gunblade, which barely misses Hanz’s head*

Robo: Come on!!!

Hanz: Good idea!

Precious: I don’t like this! I don’t like this!

???: Hear my name and tremble! I am the dread pirate, Cervantes de Leon! I am immortal! Can you say the same?!

[b][End of Episode IV]

#5 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

In the Iolis Coliseum…

Torn’s first battle is about to start.

Announcer: LLLLLLLLLADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO THE IOLIS COLISEUM! AFTER YESTERDAY’S GRUELING MAN WAR, THERE AREN’T MANY PEOPLE LEFT STANDING! …BUT WAIT! WE HAVE A NEWCOMER IN OUR MIDST, A MAN NAMED TOOOOOOOOOORN!

*cheers from the audience*

Torn: *spins Eon and Ion for the crowd* This looks promising.

Announcer: AND WHILE THERE AREN’T MANY PEOPLE LEFT, THERE ARE PLEEEEEENTY OF ANIMALS LEFT! SO LET’S GIVE HIM SOMETHING EASY FOR HIS FIRST TIME – A LION!

Torn: …Maybe not.

Announcer: LET THE BATTLE BEGIIIIIIIIIIN!

*The lion lunges at Torn, who narrowly dodges the attack and swipes at the lion with Eon. The lion roars in pain and turns around with anger in his eyes.*

Torn: You like that? Come on – show me what you got!

*The lion lunges again, and this time Torn isn’t as lucky – his attempt to dodge lands him on his back with a deep cut in his chest.*

Torn: Argh! Stupid cat!

*The lion jumps on him, pinning him to the ground.*

Torn: Poop! This isn’t what was supposed to happen!

Announcer: UH-OH, FOLKS! IT APPEARS AS THOUGH THE LION HAS A MEAL FOR TONIGHT!

*The lion’s jaws drip saliva as his teeth closes in on Torn’s throat…*

Cast:

Cervantes de Leon: An ancient pirate out to reclaim what was once his.

[Episode V – Rivalries Begin]

Meanwhile, in Northeastern Locrat…

MoM has just landed in the Locratian port in her search for Spardento, the missing demon.

MoM: Well… Gin Shirube’s showing that it went southwest… I think this’ll take longer than I had thought.

*As she walks along the port, she overhears some sailors talk about a problem at the Locratian Faire – something about a monster.*

Sailor 1: …Yeah, I heard he killed hundreds of people.

Sailor 2: What the Hell for?

Sailor 1: He was looking for something. Never said what it was – he just slaughtered them all. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too.

Sailor 2: What kind of man would do such a thing?!

MoM: Excuse me – I couldn’t help overhearing. What did this… thing… look like?

Sailor 1: I don’t know – I wasn’t actually there. They say he was dressed in a black cloak, with eyes like fire and twin swords that sliced through bone like it was butter.

MoM: And how much of this do you actually believe?

Sailor 1: I have it on a very reliable source.

MoM: Uh-huh. Where can I find him?

Sailor 1: He’s probably in one of the bars. He was scared out of his mind when he was up here, and probably needs something to calm his nerves.

MoM: Thanks.

*MoM continues along the port, and notices a lone woman standing by the shore, gazing out towards the sea.*

MoM: Excuse me, miss, but what are you doing?

Woman: I’m keeping watch for my friend. He left a couple of years ago with a friend, but hasn’t returned. I promised that I would be waiting here for him when he returned.

MoM: Ah. Well, who is it? I’m going south to find something I lost, and maybe I’ll see him.

Woman: Oh, no, don’t trouble yourself… It’s been two years today… If he was coming back, he would’ve been here by now… I’m thinking of giving up…

MoM: You shouldn’t give up hope. Without hope, what do we have? Tell you what – why don’t you come with me? Maybe we’ll run into him, maybe not, but either way, it’ll get you moving and away from this place that undoubtedly reminds you of him.

Woman: Oh, I don’t want to be a burden…

MoM: You won’t – it gets lonely sometimes travelling by myself, so I’d welcome company.

Woman: You don’t have anybody with you?

MoM: No, some of my clansmates wanted to come along, but they’re almost all men. …Nothing against men, of course, but travelling with them can be somewhat… awkward.

Woman: Only if you make it awkward.

MoM: That’s very true. What is your name?

Woman: My name’s Blaire.

MoM: Well, you’re welcome to come with me, Blaire.

Blaire: Oh, thank you so much! I’ve been wanting to look for him for the longest time, but I don’t really know much about travelling.

MoM: Don’t worry – it isn’t as scary as it might seem.

Blaire: By the way, before we go – what exactly are we looking for?

MoM: Well, I’m a member of a demon-catching clan. One of the demons escaped, and I need to find it. I got some tips from one of the sailors about a man who saw a massacre. The massacre was probably done by the demon I’m looking for, since I the man claims to have seen flaming eyes.

Blaire: In that case, can we stop by my house first?

MoM: Sure, what for?

Blaire: I should to grab my daggers, just in case.

Meanwhile, in Western Amena…

TJ is making his way to Karisna on his search for Soul Edge.

TJ: I hope I’m strong enough… If my master can be corrupted, I probably can, too. *looks at his Yo-Yos* Who names weapons, anyway? Seriously. Or at least name them something like “Crusher” or “Destroyer”. But “Roger” and “Bridget”? …What’s this?

*TJ sees an artist sitting at a canvas, eating an apple.*

TJ: Well, I’ve been walking for a while, I suppose I can have a little time to myself. Excuse me, sir?

ZF: Yes?

TJ: Could you paint a picture of me?

ZF: Uh, sure. …But wouldn’t you rather have a picture of a cake or a dog or something?

TJ: …Uh, no… Why do you ask?

ZF: Just curious.

*ZF begins painting. Again, the painting seems a bit TOO realistic…*

ZF: There. Finished.

TJ: *looks at the painting* Wow. You are very good at thi-

*the TJ in the painting falls off the paper and onto the ground.*

Copy: Whoa.

TJ: What sorcery is this?

ZF: That’s why I asked about the cake.

TJ: This happens to ALL of your paintings?

TJ: What are YOU asking him for? You’re a painting!

TJ: Me?! YOU’RE the one that just fell off of the paper!

TJ: I beg to differ! That was you! How’d you get up so quickly?!

ZF: Well, that’s my cue to leave.

TJs: WAIT A MINUTE!

TJ: You stay out of this!

TJ: YOU stay out of this.

*Both TJs pull out identical versions of Roger and Bridget and prepare to attack the other.*

ZF: Have fun. *walks off*

TJ: Get back here!

TJ: Oh, shut up! And stop pretending to be me!

TJ: Don’t you tell me what to do, you crazy painting!

TJ: Yeah, you WISH you were me!

TJ: Why the Hell would I?! *launches Roger at the other TJ*

TJ: *blocks Roger with his own Roger* You’ll have to do better than THAT to defeat me!

Meanwhile, in Southern Fugotes…

HoT crosses the barren country on her way to Janistek.

HoT: What a desolate area… I wonder how many wars have been fought here…

*The skeletons of many warriors litter the ground. There is very little growth, apart from the moss growing on the remains and the patches of dead grass that sporadically dot the landscape.*

HoT: Is this really how other countries look? No wonder we don’t associate with anyone else… Oh, gross, this one’s freshly killed! Don’t they bury their own dead?!

*She turns over the body to find the face of a woman, her face struck with horror.*

HoT: Oh my… How barbaric… Looks familiar… Though I suppose most humans look similar once they’re dead. *notices the woman’s weapon stuck in the ground nearby* I wonder what this is…

*She pulls out a shamshir. It glows softly, as though it once shone brightly but now has .*

HoT: …No… This can’t be…

*She looks again at the body. Suddenly it makes sense why she looked slightly familiar.*

HoT: Palia!

*The woman who was supposed to search Fugotes for evil apparently found it, and now was dead.*

HoT: Whoever is spreading the chaos of this world must know we’re looking for it… I must be very cautious from now on. *covers Palia with a cloak* Rest in peace, fellow Sand Serpent. I will avenge your death. *breaks out in a run towards Janistek*

Meanwhile, in Western Aelud…

Yvarg and Kya have just passed over from Doracia to Aelud.

Kya: Aelud! We’re safe now!

Yvarg: Don’t be so sure. Just because we’re in a different country doesn’t mean the empire can’t find us.

Kya: We’ll make it through this, I’m sure.

Yvarg: …I’m terribly sorry for bringing you into this. This isn’t your problem, it’s mine.

Kya: It was my decision to come along. But why does the Emperor want you dead?

Yvarg: It’s a long story. Our views differ greatly on some very important issue. Dorac wants to expand the Empire and invade our neighboring countries so as to create an empire that encompasses the planet. I wouldn’t follow his orders to invade Karisna, so I got kicked out of the army and put into teaching. As a warning to the other Generals, he broke one of my legs. All of the officers had to keep the lie that it was a war injury.

Kya: And you taught us all, even though we would become soldiers for the invading empire you wanted to part of?

Yvarg: I always hoped that my students would decide not to follow suit once they found out about Dorac’s ambitions, but, in reality, I fear that most of them won’t understand the consequences of their actions. There was one student I wasn’t worried about – that was you.

Kya: Thank you, sir…

Yvarg: Please, I’m a fugitive now – I’m not a General anymore. Actually, in order to maintain my anonymity, I’d rather you not address me as such.

Kya: What do you want me to call you?

Yvarg: Um… Well… I don’t know.

Kya: I can call you by your name backwards.

Both: …”Gravy”?

Kya: *laughs uncontrollably*

Yvarg: Yeah, okay, it’s funny. You can stop now.

Kya: *wiping the tears from her face, still laughing* Sorry! Heeheehee!

Yvarg: *sigh* Maybe just “Yev”. Quite a bit less noticeable, and not nearly as weird.

Kya: *finally calming down* Ha… ha ha… okay, I can do that… heheh…

Yvarg: It’s like grade school all over again…

Meanwhile, back at the Ionis Coliseum…

Torn wakes up to find himself back in the Newbie Room.

Torn: What the… I… I survived?

Ripper: You more than survived! You wasted that lion! That was amazing! You’d probably be able to take on Yoh! …Though I wouldn’t recommend it.

Torn: I… I won?

Ripper: Well, yeah! Your stash of winnings is over there.

Torn: I… Wha… I don’t remember anything… The last thing I recall is the lion about ready to rip me a new one…

Ripper: Must’ve been the adrenaline rush. You fainted afterwards, so maybe you forgot. Here, watch the video. *puts a video into a player*

Announcer: UH-OH, FOLKS! IT APPEARS AS THOUGH THE LION HAS A MEAL FOR TONIGHT! …WAIT, WHAT’S THIS?! TORN HAS THROWN THE LION OFF OF HIS BODY! *Torn throws the lion off and slashes the lion with Ion.* OH, WHAT A STRIKE! THE LION’S IN PAIN! *Torn knocks the lion on his side and pins him so that the lion can’t move.* THIS COULD BE THE END OF THIS LION! WHOOOOOOA! *Torn throws Ion up in the air. It glistens as it spins in the air, but the glisten lessens slightly as the aura that surrounds it grows stronger. Torn catches it and chops off the lion’s head.* LOOK AT THAT, FOLKS! TORN CAME BACK FROM BEHIND AND KILLED THE LION! HOW ASTONISHING!

Ripper: *turns off player* After that, you passed out.

Torn: I don’t remember any of that… Did I really do that?

Ripper: You got the money, didn’t you?

Torn: I suppose… I’m kind of curious, though. I never used Eon throughout that after I got the lion off of me – just Ion.

Ripper: Is that a problem?

Torn: I’m not sure… *Torn looks at Ion, which has a small circular pattern in the middle of the axehead now.* It’s probably nothing.

Ripper: I’d hardly call it that – after a few weeks of this, you’ll be rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Torn: I don’t have a few weeks…

Ripper: …Say no more. I won’t ask for your motives. You CAN get more money if you beat the Champion, but I’d be careful about doing that too soon.

Torn: Yeah. Maybe after a few more battles.

*Neither of them notice the circular pattern on Ion open up to reveal a sinister eye, which looks around, then closes itself again.*

[End of Episode V]

#6 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

In a building somewhere in Central Lyd…

Rae: *regains consciousness* Whoa… what happened…

Rae manages to open his eyes and looks around. He is tied up in a chair in a storage room of some kind.

Rae: Dad? Dad, where are you?

???: Oh, I’m afraid Daddy’s not here to help you.

A man comes around from behind Rae and faces him. He is dressed entirely in black, and his long hair is pulled back in a pony tail. His hands both have black leather gloves on them with a white spade on each of them.

Rae: Alucard. *spits at him*

Alucard: Now, now, don’t be too quick to do that. After all, it’s not as though your saliva is corrosive enough to disintegrate the robes that bind you.

Rae: What are you doing with me? I did nothing to you!

Alucard: Oh, you can thank your father for that. As usual, he’s behind on his payments. I’m afraid this time, though, we have to show him that we really mean business. He’s been slacking more and more in paying us for our… services. I thought he’d have learned after the last time we showed him our true power, but I guess his family isn’t that important to –

Rae: Services?! You get paid not to set fire to our house! You’re not doing us any damn service!

Alucard: I would hold your tongue if I were you… *clenches his right hand into a fist* I’m not supposed to kill you unless your father doesn’t come with the money on time, but I am known to change my mind. I can always say that you became… *smirks* dangerous.

Rae: …

Alucard: That’s better. You don’t want to end up like your mother, do you?

Cast:
Blaire: A maiden longing for the return of a dear friend.

[Episode VI – Cross Country Association]

Meanwhile, outside of the Janisteki Castle…

HoT reaches Janistek with little difficulty, and now searches for a place to gather information.

HoT: Hm… should I go to the castle? Would they know anything about the danger that is befalling this world?

As she walks closer to the castle, she sees a knight grooming a winged horse. She walks towards the knight.

HoT: Excuse me, but… what is that?

Haku: Oh, this? This is Gaellian, my trusty steed!

HoT: No, I mean, what IS it?

Haku: You’ve never seen a Pegasus before?

HoT: Er… no.

Haku: That’s interesting – all of the top Aeludian knights have one.

HoT: Wait – this is Aelud?

Haku: Oh, no no no. See, I’m an ambassador for Aelud to Janistek.

HoT: Good, I’m in the right place.

Haku: What do you mean?

HoT: I’m from the Nomadic Tribe of Phryx. I’m one of the five Sand Serpents sent on a mission to explore the rest of the world.

Haku: Why are you exploring the rest of the world? There’s nothing out here besides trouble. Nobody bothers you guys.

HoT: Heh… Well, we think something very bad is going to happen to this world soon.

Haku: You “think” something bad is going to happen? That’s not much to go on…

HoT: …Okay, I’ll tell you our secret. Our tribe is attuned to the earth. We can sense when something’s going to happen. And we know something very bad is upon us.

Haku: Maybe you’re thinking of the upcoming war between us and Fugotes. It’s going to be brutal.

HoT: A war? That might be it… We know it has something to do with an ancient sword with tremendous power.

Haku: A sword? Tremendous power you say?

HoT: Do you know something about it?

Haku: I can’t say I do, but… I think I need to look for it.

HoT: What makes you say that?

Haku: One of the leading knights of Fugotes has been talking to me, and he seems awfully smug about something. He may be looking for the sword, and if he has it, Fugotes will likely win this war! If I find it first, though… I can use it, and Aelud and Janistek will triumph!

HoT: …I will not get involved in your war, but I must advise you to not pursue the sword.

Haku: Why not? Are you… are you allied with Fugotes?!

HoT: What? No, of course not! We don’t ally ourselves with anyone!

Haku: Then why don’t you want me to go after the sword?

HoT: I don’t know – I just have a bad feeling about it.

Haku: Well, you can trust your intuition all you want, but I’m going to trust mine. Excuse me. Gaellian, stay here.

Gaellian: *blankly looks at Haku, then continues to eat grass*

Haku: Good boy. *heads towards the castle*

HoT: *sigh* Well, that was no help. I should check around elsewhere. *walks off*

DP: *from outside the walls of the castle* A legendary sword, hm? Looks like a race is imminent. I hope Sir Haku puts up a little bit of a fight.

Meanwhile, in Corel…

A temple lies in ruins. Very few men have survived the recent destruction. One of them is about a foot above the ground, a dark hand clutching at his throat. The hand belongs to none other than the one who crushed the temple…

Man: I tell you, honestly, I don’t know anything about any Soul Edge!

Frau: I cannot believe you. I have felt the presence of one of the metal shards here. My master demands that you hand it over to me.

Man: *choking* I… swear… I don’t… know… anything…

Frau: You’re lying. I can see it in your eyes. Where is –

Frau cuts off, sensing the fragment move.

Frau: I knew it. You were just buying your friend time. *sticks one of his blades into the man’s chest* Now you will die.

The man is released and falls to the ground, shuddering and coughing up blood. After a few seconds of convulsions, he falls still and dies.

Frau: Now for you. *turns to where the man with the shard was running towards* You’re next.

Frau levitates himself and floats towards where the man is running. The man looks behind him, notices, and gives a quick cry before he’s run through by both of Frau’s blades.

Frau: Blame yourself. And your friend.

The man falls to the ground, dead. His right hand loosens its grip on a small metal fragment glowing with evil energy.

Frau: At last. *puts the shard in a leather pouch* Soon, I will have enough shards to recreate one of the evil blades.

???: Flower, mister?

Frau looks down and sees a small girl with a handful of flowers. She’s smiling sweetly, utterly oblivious to any of what just happened.

Frau: …Excuse me?

Girl: I’m giving away flowers! Flowers make everyone happier, and you look grumpy, so I thought I’d give you one! Here you go!

The girl sticks a flower into the leather pouch. The flower instantly wilts.

Girl: F-F-Flower! *starts to cry*

Frau: Oh, shut up. *backhands her*

The girl flies a few yards and land on the ground – hard. She does not get up.

Frau: I think it’s about time to see some other areas of the world. *disappears*

Meanwhile, in northern Janistek…

Trix manages to escape the wrath of the guards and enters the land of Janistek.

Trix: Ah… it feels good to have my Alpha Sword back! I’d feel better if I had a shield, though… and maybe some real armor. But most of all… where and when am I?

Trix walks around and enters a nearby city. Thankfully, because of him being at least minimally dressed, the reactions from people aren’t nearly as harsh. He eventually gets the courage to talk to a middle-aged woman.

Trix: Excuse me, miss – where am I right now?

Woman: *smiles* You’re in Janistek, one of the nicest countries in the world!

Trix: Really? Oh, thank the Gods for that! And, uh… what year is it?

Woman: *looks confused* Are you okay? Do you… *gasps* Do you have amnesia?

Trix: Erm… I suppose you could call it that. I don’t know anything about where or when I am right now.

Woman: Oh, you poor dear! Here, come to my house – I can try to help you regain what memories you used to have!

Trix: Why, thank you! Though… I don’t think you’ll believe my story if I told you.

Woman: Oh, pish posh. My husband and I will take good care of you until you feel like you’re ready to face the world again! And we’ll get you some better clothes!

Trix: Thank you very much!

The woman leads Trix to her house, where her husband is sitting in a chair reading a book entitled “Mythology of the Past”. His pipe is smoking, and he looks very intrigued by what he is reading.

Woman: Dear! We have a visitor!

Man: Hrm? Oh, oh! Welcome to our humble home! You look like you’ve had some problems recently!

Trix: Indeed I have, kind sir. I…

Man: …What? Don’t worry – you can tell us anything. We help all kinds of people with their problems, no matter how big, small, or crazy.

Trix: …Well, I have recently been resurrected from the dead by someone I don’t know. I managed to find some clothes, as you can see, and I found my old sword on display in a museum of sorts. I took it back, and almost got killed by some people with firearms! Sure have changed since I last saw them… Anyway, my name is Trix, and I am from Athens in the Ottoman Empire. Nobody seems to know any of these terms, though, and I fear that I may be mad!

Man: …Wow, that’s quite the story! I think I may be able to help, actually.

Trix: Really??

Man: Well, we’ll find out soon enough! *winks*

The man gets up and slowly walks towards a huge bookshelf. He pulls out a book entitled “Geography of Earth”.

Man: Here we are. Let’s see… hm… Ah, here we are – Athens.

Trix: Oh Gods! Finally, some help!

Man: Oh, don’t get too crazy – this is a geography of Earth.

Trix: Yes! Earth! …Wait, aren’t we on Earth right now?

Man: Well, it’s hard to say. See, nowadays, there are only twelve countries.

Woman: *from the kitchen* Fourteen!

Man: Okay, okay, fourteen if you count Lyd splitting. See, Lyd was a great island nation to the east, but recently, the leaders have been fighting, resulting in a civil war that split the nation into three parts. The central section has it the worst, because all of the fighting goes on there.

Trix: Only… fourteen?! There were hundreds when I was…

Man: Yes. See, the other part of this is that many people argue that we are on Earth, but so many people disagree with this that there’s no real way to tell. All the evidence we have that it even existed are in books, and lots of people believe that these books were just written to give people something to believe.

Trix: It was real! You’d think me being here would be proof enough!

Man: Very true, but nobody will believe you. I’m skeptical myself, but I’m open to listening to any story. Now, uh… how did you die?

Trix: I was cut down by a warrior named Mitsurugi. I was one of twenty-four warriors summoned by Hephaestus, God of the Forge, to go on a quest to destroy a demon sword called Soul Edge.

Man: Soul Edge?!

Trix: You’ve heard of it??

Man: My young man, I think it would be best if you stay here for a while so we can discuss things.

Meanwhile, in western Amena…

TJ and his clone are fighting, trying to each prove that they are the true TJ.

TJ: *launches an attack with Roger* You’re really pissing me off!

TJ: *blocks the attack with Bridget* Me?! YOU’RE the one who shouldn’t even be alive! *counterattacks with Roger*

TJ: *blocks with Bridget* What the hell?! How do you know how to use these?! You’re a clone!

TJ: *recalls Roger* I learned from Edgemaster, which is more than I can say for you, you living drawing!

TJ: Oh, that’s it – you’re going down, you lying bastard! *leaps at TJ*

TJ and his clone continue to battle, each attack from one being masterfully blocked by the other. A crowd forms and watches the battle, which looks more like a dance than any kind of duel.

TJ: *swinging Bridget around like a lasso* I can’t believe I decided to learn this weapon…

TJ: *alternately throwing Roger and Bridget at TJ* I know – training with these sucked.

TJ: *blocking the attacks from TJ with Roger* How would you know?! You never trained with Edgemaster!

TJ: *launches Bridget over his head towards TJ* Are you nuts?! I spent years training under him! You were just created half an hour ago!

TJ: *narrowly dodging the attack* Have we been fighting that long? *rolls Roger towards TJ*

TJ: *rolling to the side* Yeah, this has lasted too long. *pulls Roger and Bridget back, then launches both at incredible speed towards TJ*

TJ: I agree. *pulls Roger and Bridget back, then launches both at incredible speed towards TJ*

The Yo-Yos smash into each other, creating a deafening crash. The strings then get hopelessly tangled.

TJ and TJ: Poop.

TJ: … *draws himself forward by recalling Roger and Bridget, and manages to kick TJ in the chest*

TJ: Oof! *falls backwards*

TJ: *gets up after falling after the kick* And now, you stupid clone, I’m going to make you wish you were never drawn.

TJ wails on TJ. Every blow that connects also hurts TJ.

TJ: *stops* What the hell?! Why am I getting hurt when I hurt you?!

TJ: *gets his feet out from under TJ and kicks him in the gut, but doesn’t get hurt* That shows that YOU’RE the clone! I didn’t get hurt when I hurt you!

TJ Clone: …Dammit.

TJ: *kicks the TJ clone in the face* Take that!

The TJ clone slowly falls to the ground and disintegrates, leaving behind only a pile of mixed paint. His clones of Roger and Bridget also disappear. The audience explodes with cheers and applause for the show that they had just witnessed.

TJ: Thank God that’s over… *picks up Roger and Bridget, then acknowledges the crowd* Now to find that wise-guy artist.

Meanwhile, in the Ubarni Ocean

The Adrian sails out away from South Lyd towards the open ocean.

Hanz: Thank the heavens we got away.

Precious: Yeah, I didn’t think we were gonna make it.

Robo: I can say honestly that I don’t care for this sneaking around and almost getting killed by immortal pirates.

Hanz: Oh, hush. You should be glad we’re alive.

Precious: This presents a problem, though. We’ve made a very, very powerful enemy. It’s likely that he’ll go wherever we go. We should be more cautious from now on.

Hanz: You say that all the time, but we never really act on it.

Precious: Yeah, well, I’m acting on it now. I’m changing my name.

Hanz: What?

Precious: You heard me. I shall now be known as “Ste”, and I’d like you both to call me such.

Hanz: …“Ste”.

Ste: Yes.

Robo: Any particular reason?

Ste: If we change our names, he’ll have a harder time tracking us.

Hanz: It’s so short, though. And it sounds really stupid. How about we compromise? I’ll call you “Stecious”.

Stecious?: What? No! Just “Ste”!

Hanz: Pfft. You’re so boring.

Robo: You do realize that, uh, he doesn’t KNOW our names?

Ste: …

Hanz: See? No need to change our names.

Ste: No matter – I’m sticking with “Ste”.

Hanz: That’s idiotic. I’m still calling you “Stecious”.

Ste: And you?

Robo: I don’t really care. I’ll call you anything you want, unless it’s a sexual innuendo.

Ste: Good. At least two of us have brains.

Hanz: You know, you really shouldn’t talk so badly about yourself. You’re actually quite smart.

Ste: …Yeah, you know what? I’m going to ignore that comment. Where should we go next?

Hanz: Fugotes. They’ve got a lot of stuff there.

Robo: You plan to STEAL stuff from Fugotes?! Do you know how HUGE that place is?!

Hanz: Precisely – one robbery or two or three or four or five or six will go unnoticed in such a huge place. Or seven. Or eight.

Ste: Well… that makes sense. I take back my previous statement.

Hanz: Oh, good. I’m glad your self-esteem has improved.

Ste: Shut up.

Robo: What have I gotten myself into?

Meanwhile, in western Phryx…

Phaeon: Well, looks like we’ve entered Phryx.

Soldier: How can you tell?

Phaeon: We’re walking on sand, aren’t we?

Soldier: Oh. Yeah.

Phaeon: Then we’re in Phryx.

Soldier: …So, uh… not to pry, but what’s the story with your… you know…

Phaeon: *sigh* Yes, I suppose I should explain that. This is DemonIron, my halberd. It seems that whoever owns it is able to communicate with it. Sadly, I’m the only one who can hear him.

DemonIron: Yeah, I wish I could tell more people my great ideas!

Phaeon: Oh, shush.

DemonIron: What? Just because YOU don’t listen doesn’t mean OTHERS won’t.

Phaeon: I don’t listen to your ideas because they don’t work!

DemonIron: Oh, one time. Come on, give me another chance!

Phaeon: No.

DemonIron: You’re full of poo.

Phaeon: Yes. Lovely. Now shut up.

Soldier: …What just happened?

Phaeon: He’s trying to convince me that he has an idea that will work.

Soldier: An idea? You mean it thinks, too?

DemonIron: I’m a guy, you *censored*!

Phaeon: *sigh* He wants me to tell you he’s a guy. But yes, he thinks.

Soldier: You said his ideas don’t work?

Phaeon: Oh, he tried to convince me to leap off of a roof onto my horse to get away from a bar fight that was going on. I wasn’t involved, but the way to the door was blocked by quarreling drunks, and I wanted to leave. So I jumped out of a window on the second floor and landed right next to my horse, who broke free of the stake he was tied at and ran off, startled.

DemonIron: It WOULD’VE worked if you had actually landed on him like I told you.

Phaeon: If I would’ve landed on him, I probably would’ve crushed him anyway or gotten bucked off. If not, I would have a hell of a time untying him from the stake while I was on top of him.

Soldier: Ah, I see.

DemonIron: Whatever. You have no faith.

Phaeon: There’s a reason for that.

Soldier: …A reason for why I see?

Phaeon: No, no – I was talking to him.

Soldier: Oh. It’s so confusing when you can’t hear the third party member.

Phaeon: Tell you what – when I’m talking to him, I’ll point to him. If not, I won’t.

Soldier: Sounds good.

DemonIron: Why don’t you just point at everyone you talk to? That way, NOBODY will get confused as to who you’re talking to.

Phaeon: *points to DemonIron* Shut up.

DemonIron: You suck.

Soldier: Yeah, that works.

[End of Episode VI]

Edited by Linkmaster30000, 20 August 2007 - 03:00 PM.

#7 Medium of Mystery

Medium of Mystery

Aide to a new Attorney

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Oh man, that last chapter rocked, keep up the good work mate!

#8 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

I was wondering why everything was familiar, and then I realised I was reading the wrong one...I am interested however in how you plan to deal with certain things that have happened though.

I can't even remember what weapons everyone had...

#9 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Great chapter!
You should write this more often...

#10 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

XD.gif The battle of TJ's was funny

Good chapter

#11 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

Bravo, mate!

Excellent story- picked up right where you left off!!! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to more! [and Frau backslapping little girls- Stab.gif ]

Edited by mdonut281, 22 August 2007 - 03:08 AM.

#12 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

I finally got a chance to read it. Nice work, LM! I had to read back over some of the chapters because I forgot some things. Anyway, it's shaping up nicely. MOAR, please! happy.gif

#13 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

In a house in Northern Janistek…

Trix is talking with a citizen about the world and Soul Edge…

Man: Here we are…

Trix: What’s that book?

Man: It’s a story about Soul Edge by a man named Zasalamel. Does that name ring a bell?

Trix: Uh… no, not that I can recall.

Man: Hm. Well, let’s see what he has to say, shall we? Chapter 1… no, that’s too early. Let’s look for this Mitsurugi fellow you talked about. …Ah, Chapter 12.

Trix: Twelve?! Soul Edge has been around THAT long?!

Man: Oh, a very long time, it says here.

Trix: Who is, or more was, Zasalamel?

Man: He’s the writer of this book. Many revere him as a great storyteller, making up this story and then putting himself into it as though he were really in the story. He was apparently given immortality, so every time he died, he came back to life. Seeking a restful death, he set up an elaborate scheme to pit Soul Edge and Soul Calibur against each other so that his immortality would end. It seems to have worked, since he’s not around anymore, if you believe the stories.

Trix: Soul Edge is indeed real. …Never heard of this “Soul Calibur” though…

Man: Oh, Soul Calibur is the polar opposite of Soul Edge. While Soul Edge is a demonic sword, Soul Calibur is a holy blade, the only one capable of sealing and destroying Soul Edge.

Trix: If only I had found it… I wouldn’t have lost to Mitsurugi, and I would’ve stopped Cervantes…

Man: It seems here as though someone DID stop Cervantes… a woman named Sophitia from… your country, it appears.

Trix: Sophitia? I remember her… we actually courted for a while, before she fell for a blacksmith named Rothian. I always believed in her, though.

Man: Yes, she shattered one of the blades. Some of the shards got into her bloodstream after the explosion. Cervantes was about to kill her, when a ninja from the east named Taki killed Cervantes before he had a chance. Taki then removed the pieces of Soul Edge from Sophitia, and Sophitia married Rothian and had children.

Trix: Wow… so she actually married him… Wait, what happened to the other blade?

Man: A young soldier by the name of Siegfried grasped it and became a knight of evil called Nightmare. He slaughtered many, but once he was defeated by a lady wielding Soul Calibur, he regained his sanity and became Siegfried once more. Later, he was once again possessed, but managed to break free and sealed Soul Edge using Soul Calibur. An apparition of Nightmare created by this Zasalamel was used in his plot for mortality.

Trix: How very odd… so what became of this other Soul Edge?

Man: It… doesn’t seem to say in this book… I guess Zasalamel died before anything monumental happened to it. I can say one thing, though – it’s not in this world. If it was, we would’ve known about it.

Woman: Dinner’s ready!

Trix: Well, at least Cervantes is dead.

Man: Don’t be so sure – Cervantes was revived by the memories of Soul Edge and became immortal. He was still alive at the end of this book. I can’t imagine he’d be alive today, but if he is…

Trix: I have to find out! I must stop him from getting his hands on Soul Edge again!

Man: Well, tomorrow, I’ll bring you to the King of Janistek – I’m sure he’d be more than happy to set you up with some armor or –

Woman: DINNER’S READY!

Man: We heard you the first time! We were just finishing up!

Woman: Well, don’t be too much longer – your tuna soup will get cold!

Man: …Let’s keep talking.

Trix: Yes, that might be best.

Cast:
Blaire: A maiden longing for the return of a dear friend.

[Episode VII – New Missions]

Meanwhile, in eastern Phryx…

Phaeon and his fellow soldier have finally reached the Magna Fortress, home of the Nomadic Tribe of Phryx.

Phaeon: Finally, we made it.

Soldier: Yeah, that was a long trip. I have sand in just about every crevice of my armor.

DemonIron: There’s a snake in my boot!

Phaeon: *points to DemonIron* Shut up.

The duo (or trio, if you’d rather) knocks on the giant doors of the Magna Fortress.

Phryxian: *from atop the fortress walls* What do you want?

Phaeon: We wish to speak with the leader of the Phryxians, if you’d be so kind.

Phryxian: I’ll go ask him if he’ll allow your passage, but first, state your names and country of origin.

Phaeon: I am Sir Phaeon, a knight of Janistek. The soldier accompanying me is a soldier of Aelud. I assure you that we come in peace.

Phryxian: Very well. I’m sure Tourian will be glad to talk to you.

The Phryxian disappears.

Phaeon: I never did ask you for your name. Sorry about that.

Soldier: That’s okay. It’s –

The doors slowly swing open. The noise drowns out what the soldier says.

Phaeon: *not hearing what the soldier said at all* …Okay, nice to meet you. Let’s go inside.

They enter the fortress. The walls are all made with a yellow brick, and the houses inside the walls are all extremely similar-looking. Before them lies the main building of the fortress, where Tourian resides.

Soldier: This place is huge…

Phaeon: Yeah… It doesn’t look this big from the outside…

DemonIron: That’s what your mom sa-

Phaeon: *pointing at DemonIron* Don’t you dare say what I think you’re going to say.

The duo/trio make their way into the main building, where Tourian is sitting on the floor meditating.

Tourian: Welcome, brave souls. I have been expecting you.

Phaeon: You have?

DemonIron: The man on the wall told him we were coming, dingus.

Phaeon: *points to DemonIron* Oh, right. Never mind.

Tourian: I was not aware that there were telekinetic weapons still around in these times.

Phaeon: Well, this is the only one I know of. Wait, how did you know?

Tourian: I can feel the energy from it. I believe that it isn’t so much telekinetic as it is possessed.

Soldier: *looking worried* Possessed?

Tourian: Don’t worry – in the body of a weapon, the demon cannot do anything of its own free will aside from talking with the owner of the weapon.

Phaeon: …

Soldier: …

Tourian: …Yes, well, what can I do for you?

Phaeon: …Er, well, we came to talk about our shared neighbor, Fugotes.

Tourian: Oh, yes – what is it?

Phaeon: We fear that a war is coming. Aelud and Janistek have allied together to fend them off should they try to invade one or the other, but we fear that they still outnumber us. We were hoping that you would sign a treaty and ally yourselves with us.

Soldier: We know that you usually keep to yourselves and don’t get involved in problems of the world, but if we don’t stop them, it’s possible that Fugotes will invade Phryx as well.

Tourian: Let them come. If it comes to pass that they enter our country, we will know, and we will make the sandstorms more than enough for them to handle. Only a handful of soldiers will make it to the fortress, and our army will be more than enough to match them.

Phaeon: You won’t reconsider? This will affect the entire world!

Tourian: My young knight, there is a much larger problem coming into this world than Fugotes.

Soldier: A larger problem than Fugotes?! You can’t be serious!

Tourian: Oh yes. There is an ancient blade that’s being reborn. It is an evil blade, one with the capacity to take over the mind of its owner and destroy entire nations.

Phaeon: Just one sword can’t do that on its own – an entire army against a sword?

Tourian: I only just discovered this myself, but the sword called Soul Edge is slowly reforming.

Soldier: That’s just an old wife’s tale – there’s no merit to a demonic sword.

Tourian: Explain your friend’s halberd, then.

Phaeon: …This… isn’t Soul Edge, is it?

DemonIron: Of course not! I’m not psychotic! …Well, not in the murderous sense, anyway.

Tourian: Your halberd is not Soul Edge. However, the demonic sword is, or more was, real. It will be real once more soon enough, and that is a much larger problem than any army in this world. I’ve already sent my five greatest warriors, the Sand Serpents, to see what they can find out. When they left, they only knew it had to do with a sword, but now I know it is Soul Edge, and I fear for their safety.

Phaeon: I see… We should secretly look for this Soul Edge, or whatever is becoming Soul Edge, and destroy it.

Tourian: You cannot – not with your earthly weapons.

Soldier: How can we possibly hope to save the planet then?

Tourian: That is something I need to meditate on. Abide in this fortress a while – with any luck, soon I will know the answer to your question, and then you can start searching.

Phaeon: That would be great. We could use the rest after that long journey.

Soldier: Yeah, and I need to get the sand out of my armor… I hate the desert…

Tourian: We get that a lot, even from our own citizens. *grins*

Meanwhile, in southeastern Karisna…

The trio of Donut, SW, and Tohru make their way into Amena.

SW: So how’d a beautiful gal like you become a tarbender? …Er, bartender?

Tohru: Heehee… Well, about a year ago, I was attending the Locratian Faire. Actually, I was looking for some food, because at that time I was without a job or a home, so I was just wandering around for free samples.

SW: Whoa! How’d you end up homeless?

Tohru: My house burned down when I was young. I was rescued, but my family didn’t make it.

SW: Oh… I’m sorry to hear that…

Tohru: *smiles* It’s okay – it’s been a long time since then. I hardly even remember it. Anyway, I was scrounging around, but a light fixture was knocked over by a couple of drunks, and it fell on me.

SW: Not a very lucky person, are you?

Donut: Stop interrupting her.

SW: Oh, right.

Tohru: Heehee. Well, the next time I woke up, I was in Donut’s house. He had taken me in and cared for me.

SW: How sweet! Donut’s a sweety-pie! Holy Crap.gif

Donut: *kicks SW in the face*

Tohru: Donut is very nice, yes. happy.gif

Donut: Heheh… sweatdrop.gif

Tohru: Well, after a few months of recuperating, Donut brought me to Karisna and helped me find a job. Bartending was the first one offered to me, so I took it. It’s been a year of living Hell.

Donut: I can imagine… no wonder you wanted to leave.

SW: So are you two…?

Donut: Oh, no – just friends.

Tohru: Yep! I’m not looking for anything right now, either.

SW: I wasn’t asking you… I’m thinking about Sweetie here… Holy Crap.gif

Donut: *kicks him in the face again*

Tohru: So how about you, SW? What’s your story?

SW: Well, I’m a Capricorn, and I like long walks on the –

Donut: *again, kicks him in the face*

SW: Okay, okay – I was born to a family in western Locrat. I was a normal child, except for the magic powers.

Tohru: Magic powers…?

Donut: Yeah, he can conjure up stuff, like donuts.

SW: Not just donuts! I can make fire, water, trees, whatever.

Tohru: Wow. What did your parents think of it?

SW: They weren’t thrilled about it, but they tried to not get too worked up about it. The kids at school all thought it was cool, but the parents and teachers were less than enthused about it. I graduated, and at the graduation ceremony I set off fireworks, which accidentally blew up the school. Needless to say, I was run out of town. Since then, I’ve been going around making my living as a magician.

Donut: How’d you learn to use a scythe?

SW: Oh, during my magic studies, I came across a book by a guy named Zasalamel. I didn’t read much of it, but the pictures showed a man with a scythe. I think it was him… I dunno, I didn’t look too closely. At any rate, I looked around for books on using scythes, and I found one by the same author. I read it, studied it, and learned how to use one.

Donut: So did you make that scythe you have?

SW: Yeah, once I got better at using my powers. At first, I just put a duck on the end of a stick and pretended that that was a scythe. The duck didn’t like it, but it got the job done.

Tohru: *laughing*

Donut: *facepalm* Incredible.

SW: What about you, Donut? What the hell IS that weapon?

Donut: It’s a three-section Guan Dao. I got the idea from the three-section staff, so I just took a Guan Dao I found and cut it shorter, then attached two other sticks to it using chains.

SW: Chains, huh? Holy Crap.gif Like bonda-

Donut: *kick-in-the-face number 4*

Tohru: *still laughing*

Meanwhile, in Fugot…

DP makes his way to the king of Fugotes to report.

Knight: Halt! What is your business with the king?

DP: …It’s me, you idiot. Stand down.

Knight: I’ve been told not to let anyone through without the proper authorization.

DP: I could punch you in the face. Would that work.

Knight: *gulps* If he gets angry, it’s your fault.

DP: No, it’ll be yours, because you’re a spineless twit who won’t stand up for himself. *walks through the doors to the throne room*

King Fugot: Ah, DP. So nice to see you. Though I thought I said I didn’t want to be disturbed…

DP: It is of no matter – this is important.

Fugot: Oh? And what is so important that it can interrupt the king’s work?

DP: What were you doing that was so important?

Fugot: Uh… Well, er… Do not question your king!

DP: So sorry, Sire. Now, the news – there is an invincible sword.

Fugot: …You have caught my attention. Proceed with your report.

DP: I overheard an Aeludian and a Phryxian talking about a sword that has –

Fugot: A Phryxian?! Are they allies?!

DP: No.

Fugot: Good. If the three of them were to ally themselves, we’d have to build up our army much more, maybe even call off the war.

DP: There won’t be a need. Apparently, this sword has tremendous power. In our hands, we could win this war without any problems!

Fugot: Hm… very good. Very, very good. What else did you overhear?

DP: Well, the Aeludian Paladin is going to go looking for it. The Phryxian seemed to think it’s a bad idea, but between you and me, Phryxians have always been a bit too cautious for their own good.

Fugot: Haha – agreed, agreed. Well, here’s what I think we should do. I’ll remain here and make Aelud and Janistek think we know nothing of this “Invincible Sword”. You can leave by yourself to go look for the sword. You shouldn’t have any problems, especially with your Dark Knight powers. Once you find the sword, report back here so that we can declare war on the other two countries, wipe them out, and take over.

DP: An excellent idea, your Majesty. I will depart immediately.

Meanwhile, at the Janisteki Castle…

Haku is talking to the king of Janistek about Soul Edge as well.

Haku: …And that’s my report. I feel that we have to find this sword before the Fugotesians do.

King Jan: And you trust the words of this Phryxian? How do you know she is not allied with the Fugotesians to lead you astray? We need you on the battlefield.

Haku: I thought Phaeon was on a mission to Phryx to get a treaty for them to ally themselves with us?

Jan: It’s possible that this Phryxian is a Fugotesian spy.

Haku: You think too much – she doesn’t want me to go looking for it.

Jan: All part of the plan, I’m sure…

Haku: *sigh* Look, you may be right, but what if you’re wrong, and Fugotes DOES get a hold of an invincible sword? We’ll be under their control in less than a day.

Jan: You’re talking about myths and legends. No sword is more powerful than any other sword. The fighter is the only factor that adds into which side is more powerful.

Haku: But Sire…

Jan: I will hear no more of this. Please return to your post and await our instructions.

Haku: …Understood.

Haku leaves the Janisteki Castle and goes out to Gaellian.

Haku: Well, he didn’t listen. Royal paranoid pain in the Bum…

Gaellian: *eats grass*

Haku: Exactly! That Dark Knight, DP or whatever, will probably get that sword and kill us all! …But we have orders to stay here… What should we do?

Gaellian: *sneezes*

Haku: Beg pardon?

Gaellian: *sneezes again*

Haku: Really? You think we should? …Well, I suppose it’s for the best… And they have plenty of soldiers to fight if they need them to… Yeah, let’s go! Let’s go and look for the Sword of Salvation!

Gaellian: *looks at him*

Haku: *grabs his greatsword, Claimh Solais, and mounts Gaellian* Let’s go, Gaellian!

Gaellian takes off into the air, leaving Janisteki Castle far below

Meanwhile, in a port in South Lyd…

Bartmorth is desperately searching for any ship that will take him away from Lyd.

Bartmorth: Please! This is important!

Sailor: I’m not letting you board my ship for free, kid!

Bartmorth: I told you, I don’t HAVE any money! I left it at home!

Sailor: Didn’t really think though running away from home, did you, boy?

Bartmorth: I didn’t exactly PLAN this!

Sailor: That’s your own problem – I’m not letting you on THIS ship without some kind of payment! Let’s go, boys!

The ship lifts anchor and departs.

Bartmorth: NO! DAMMIT!

Bartmorth continues down the harbor, looking for any ship to take him to the mainland.

Bartmorth: Please take me aboard your ship!

Captain: *turns around* And why should I?

Bartmorth: It’s important! I need to get off of this island and get to the mainland to escape some pursuers!

Captain: Why don’t you just kill me and take the ship?

Bartmorth: Uh… wouldn’t it be more polite to just ask?

Captain: *laughter* You’re something, kid. You kind of remind me of myself before my father died. Well, tell you what – I’ll let you come aboard this ship, if you do something for me in return.

Bartmorth: What is it?

Captain: You’ll have to help me steal this ship.

Bartmorth: What?! It’s not yours?!

Captain: Not yet… but it will be…

Bartmorth: No – no, I can’t do this. It’s not right.

Captain: Fine – stay here. I’m sure whoever’s chasing you will be along shortly.

Bartmorth: *panicky* Okay, okay, I’ll do it! What do I have to do?

Captain: Jump on board the ship and stay near the helm.

Bartmorth: Uh… okay…

Bartmorth climbs aboard the ship, called “The Nautilus”. He makes his way to the helm and waits. Soon he hears a commotion from behind him.

Man’s voice: Hey, what’s the big idea? You can’t just steal a ship!

Captain’s voice: Wanna bet?

A gunshot is heard, followed by numerous clangs, as if a sword fight was going on.

Different man’s voice: You killed our captain! I’ll send you to Davy Jones’ lock- ARGH!

Captain’s voice: Mwa ha ha! Fool! Fear my power!

After a few more minutes of clangs and gunshots, the Captain comes aboard.

Captain: Okay, boy, I let you keep your soul intact, for now. I did all the killing. Now let’s go!

Bartmorth: Uh… yes, sir!

The Nautilus sets off for the mainland. On the harbor, 23 men lie dead, the remains of the latest slaughter of Cervantes de Leon.

Meanwhile, in the Iolis Coliseum…

Yoh is sitting in the Champion’s Room, watching the news.

TV: The search for the missing heir to the Gennaro estate continues. Polls show that most people think he’s already left the island, though there’s no proof of this.

Yoh: Such boring television… Everything’s boring nowadays, even these battles. Nobody stands a chance against me. Is there anyone who could even prove a slight challenge in this world?

TV: In other news, a man is slaughtering innocent victims throughout this continent. Witnesses describe him as a dark, hooded figure with flaming eyes and two short swords. Nobody has fought him and lived, and no one seems to know what he’s after. Casualties include a young Corelish flower girl, 43 temple guards, and numerous other citizens who attended the Locratian Faire a few days ago.

Yoh: Undefeated, huh? We’ll see about that. It’s about time to leave this place anyway – nobody here is worth the effort it would take to kill them. I just need to… take care of a few things first, heheh.

[End of Episode VII]

Edited by Linkmaster30000, 24 August 2007 - 04:00 PM.

#14 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Wow.
Good and crazy. Need more!

#15 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

Wow! I'm a loony loon! I love it! Holy Crap.gif

So awesome! And such a quick turn around to get this one out. Keep writing, man! I can't wait to see what happens next!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users