zezhyrule

This is good, isn't it?

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • 3DS:4815-1623-4296
  • PSN:zezhyrule
  • Steam:zezhyrule

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Next MGS game revealed, and with it comes a nice gameplay trailer.

http://www.slashgear...ailer-01245614/

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/L5IVOs5Pxh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know it's Metal Gear when the 'gameplay' trailer has a total of 1min of gameplay. It looks really good though. I can't wait. Big Boss, open world gameplay... My body is ready.

Edited by zezhyrule, 01 September 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#2 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Niceeeeee

#3 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Source

We had four hours of exclusive hands-on time with Ground Zeroes, which we used to play through the main mission and experiment with extra modes.

Source

"Judged just by the core story mission, Ground Zeroes is short," Game Informer writes in the cover story (only available in the magazine, not online). "We completed it in just less than two hours."

EDIT: I incorrectly posted before the game is going to retail for $60, the actual price will be $20-30/$30-40 as per Joystiq.

ifxPY0pjNWPFh.gif

Edited by Mankanshoku Mako, 05 February 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#4 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Well, it might go for 60 euros, I dunno. But over in the states:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will launch on March 18 in North America at $20 USD for a digital PS3/360 download, and $30 USD  for the retail version.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available for download at $30 USD and $40 USD at retail.

The states are getting it at a reduced price, and at an exceptionally reduced price digitally. Given that it's probably gonna be better crafted than many other games that are released at full price, and that it's meant simply as a prequel connector between Peace Walker and Phantom Pain, I don't mind that it's short.

If it is a full 60 euros over across the ocean there though, that really sucks. I imagine the price will sink rapidly if that article causes a huge deficit in their initial sales though.

EDIT: Realized that quote says Phantom Pain when it SHOULD say Ground Zeroes, but other sources corroborate it. Here's one, for example: Kotaku (though I don't usually trust Kotaku). One place said that the prices are the same as the US in pounds though, so I dunno what Europe pricing will look like across the board.

Edited by Ego, 05 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#5 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

No, you were right. Joystiq has it too. $20-30 for digital, $30-40 for physical. I'll correct the thread title. My mistake.

I still think $20-30 for a 2 hour story-based (AKA you'll only ever really play it once) game is kind of dumb, but hey, I don't really play any games like Metal Gear Solid so I guess I have no first-hand experience with this sorta thing. I assume though that pricing in Europe will go as it always does, replacing the $ with pound or euro, in which case the game gets into the $30-50/$50-70 range which I still find outrageous.

Maybe I got too hotheaded there too fast, but come on, 2 hours? And knowing Kojima it probably contains loads of cutscenes. I mean, at this point you could compare it to a movie, in which case the price seems consistent with that at least. But movies have been too expensive for as long as I can remember too.

#6 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, I mostly agree. It's pricey for the time, though honestly every report is just citing Game Informer's run time, which may not truly indicative of what it will take most people to play. Also there's another couple hours of other content in the thing apparently. But you're right that it's kinda crazy.

As a plus, the MGS series does difficulties correctly by actually varying guard layouts and ideal paths through the levels, so it'll be two hours that you can play and experience several different times with varying levels of difficulty. That's just mitigating a bad situation though.

Frankly, I just don't know why Kojima isn't putting it right inside of Phantom Pain as a prologue like he originally planned to. It's not like we haven't had 2 hour long prologues in MGS games before (the Virtuous Mission in MGS3, Snake's section in MGS2). It's not like him to grub for money usually.

#7 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

If the GAMEPLAY was two hours long that wouldn't be so bad, since MGS 4 was about 9,000 hours of cutscene per every 100 minutes.

#8 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Source

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have been reduced from £39.99 to £29.99, bringing them in line with the price of the digital versions, as well as the retail pricing for the physical editions for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The digital versions of the game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 remain at £19.99.

I thought it'd be fair to post this news too after the last topic I posted about the price. Nicely done by Konami.

Too bad European price is still too high though! That nonsensical European video game mark-up! Damn.

#9 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

Following up on previous claims, Metal Gear Solid creator worries that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain "players will start complaining that they can’t clear the game, [it’s] too big to clear."

Speaking with IGN, Kojima said, "The Phantom Pain has the risk that people won’t be able to finish the story as it will be "more than 200x bigger than Ground Zeroes."

He would not elaborate. "I cannot disclose the amount of missions [in The Phantom Pain]," said Kojima, "but we’ll have a lot of missions in there."

Source

#10 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

http://fucknovideoga...its-handling-of

This is seriously not ok.

#11 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

The game has been rated M for the violence and for including this content. I do not argue that the game should be censored by the government. However, a graphic depiction of sexual violence against a woman more in addition to all the other violence in the game certainly merits an Adults Only rating, which the game did not receive.

Am I misunderstanding the bolded? Is this person saying the graphic depiction of sexual violence against a woman is objectively worse than the graphic depiction of sexual violence against a man?

And while I agree with the general sentiment of the post, the writer seems incredibly naive. The ESRB board uses the AO rating to pressure companies into altering content, since no large retail chains will carry AO rated titles. It is the textbook definition of artistic freedom being oppressed. Thus game companies are forced to lobby within the ESRB to get ratings down to M.

Furthermore the calling for government censorship is laughable. In a world where one can buy Hitler's Mein Kampf, once said to be the most dangerous book in existence, these kinds of games/books/whatevers should just reinforce the notion that the idea of government censorship is stupidity at its finest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users