Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Pick your top 3. Go here if you need reminders of what came out (I did).

1. Super Mario 3D Land
I'll gladly consider this my favorite Mario Platformer. It's just awesome.

2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
I enjoyed the controls immensely, as well as most of the rest of the game.

3. Pokémon Black
Great new Pokémon, better graphics, and a (somewhat) different plot from previous gens.

There are some other games that I haven't played much of yet that might replace one of these, but I highly doubt it.

#2 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

1. Sonic Generations- This game is easily the best Sonic game since the Genesis era, and was just filled with nostalgia for me. Couldn't have been a better 20th anniversary.

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- I loved Oblivion, but this game came and just blew me away. Everything seems more neatly done, like the guilds and the interface/UI. Don't listen to the haters who say this game's filled with bugs, it's really a good game.

3. Rayman Origins - Sometimes I forget that the seemingly most simple games are the most fun. Despite this game's cartoony graphics and seemingly simple plot, it's a lot of fun.

Biggest disappointment: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One- This game just feels incredibly watered down from your average Ratchet platformer (never played stuff like Deadlocked), and it disappointed me greatly as a Ratchet fan to find so many bugs. It really feels rushed/watered down for mulitplayer.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 01 January 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#3 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

In no particular order:

Super Mario 3D Land
Guys...I don't know what's wrong with me. Don't judge me ok? But I think 3D Land might be my favorite 3D Mario ever... *cries for 64*

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
My long-as-crap opinion is in the relevant topic so I'll just say that a good Zelda game is always a big contender for me.

Portal 2
This game was literally polished to dust. It is so tight, it almost felt more like a movie than a game at times...

#4 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

My list would probably be different if I played some of the games I bought, but I can't because they're at home (and/or for various other reasons). Of the games I played, though:

1: Pokémon White. Because it is Pokémon, and Pokémon is awesome. I spent a lot of time on this game, breeding stuff, making teams, ignoring work, etc. And I will do it all over again once Grey comes out (assuming grey comes out).

2: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. This game is still good, and even better with the new controls. Really want Majora's Mask 3D now. Still have to get back to Master Quest, though...

3: Little Big Planet 2. I had a lot of fun playing this with my friend. More people would be better, but oh well. This would probably not be on the list if I had played any other games that came out last year, though.

Things from 2011 I'm looking forward to playing once I have time and am back home:
-Ar Tonelico Qoga. Third in the series, looks awesome. But I should probably actually beat the first two before I play it. I want to, anyway.
-Disgaea 4. At some point in the near future, I will spend all non-sleeping/eating/working time I have on this game. For now, though, my PS3 is in another castle country.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Atelier Totori, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, the list goes on...

#5 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

1. Skyward Sword
2. Portal 2
3. Pokémon White

yup

#6 Akuma

Akuma

Network Warrior

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • 3DS:5413-0073-0975
  • Steam:xxshenakumaxx
  • XBox Live:xXShenAkumaXx

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

1. Dungeon Defenders
2. Dark Souls
3. Skyrim

#7 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Probably Uncharted 3. Skyward Sword. and... I'm not sure what gets third.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users