• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

http://www.computera...n-release-date/

Methinks it's only a matter of time until it gets a North American release date, after seeing that article on how Nintendo is rethinking its localizations with Xenoblade coming here now.

#2 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

We can hope.
Or import a European Wii, or hack a NA one. In some way, I will probably eventually own this game.

#3 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thought we had a thread on this but I couldn't find it...

http://kotaku.com/58...o-north-america

Nintendo is partnering with publisher Xseed Games to bring Wii RPG The Last Story to North America this summer, it said today during an online broadcast.

The Last Story, directed by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, has received rave reviews in Japan. Though the game will make its way to European shores this week, Nintendo had not yet announced a North American localization, causing some fans to worry that they'd never see the Wii RPG.

Xseed Games, a small localization house based in California, is best known for helping publish Falcom RPGs like The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and the Ys series.

Last summer, fans campaigned under the banner "Operation Rainfall" to get Nintendo to localize several RPGs including The Last Story. The campaign also fought for Xenoblade, which Nintendo will bring to the U.S. this April.

Hear that, gamers? Get angry enough and you can make anything happen.

Finally coming over here! I am rather excited about this one as well.

#4 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • PSN:fissure100
  • XBox Live:fissure100

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Too late nintendo

#5 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I want Pandora's Tower now.

Also, I'll assume Last Story is above average, since I haven't researched it at all, but have heard great things about it from people that have played it. Is it just a normal JRPG, or is another "MMO" like Xenoblade, or is it a WRPG/open world game?

#6 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Also, I'll assume Last Story is above average, since I haven't researched it at all, but have heard great things about it from people that have played it. Is it just a normal JRPG, or is another "MMO" like Xenoblade, or is it a WRPG/open world game?

I think it's some form of an action RPG. I'll be playing it a lot once i aquire it. I don't think its an MMO style game, but i can't be too sure.

#7 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

So far from what i've played it's not bad. Only basing this on a few hours, but it's pretty a normal Action RPG. Before you enter a battle the game goes into a top down tactical type map and shows you what enemies are in the area. Then you start the battle and start fighting. Not sure how "open world" it is. So far it seems pretty linear in terms of starting story relating things., though again i've only played a few hours, so not sure how much it will open up the more i play.

Also, seems like it can get pretty hard, since the battles seem to work on a sort of life system. Pretty much every one in your party has 5 lives, you can revive each party member 5 times, after that they are out of the battle or something, not exactly sure. If Zael dies 5 times its game over i assume.

It has a pretty big town, which i assume is the main town in the game. Has some shops, the armor shop is kind of confusing, either that or none of the items raised my stats. It has an arena which can lead to a game over if you die in it.

#8 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hmm, not sure about that one. Would need to see more before I go for something like that.

#9 zezhyrule

zezhyrule

This is good, isn't it?

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • 3DS:4815-1623-4296
  • PSN:zezhyrule
  • Steam:zezhyrule

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

This is the one game I was really excited for, I'm so glad that it's coming over here :)

Sakaguchi + Uematsu = win!

Posted Image

Edited by zezhyrule, 24 February 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#10 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hm, sounds like I'd like Xenoblade more.

#11 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

So far it's not a bad game, though the battles can vary. Since it works on a life system, you can be in hot water very fast with bosses if you're not careful, the last one i fought was destroying my party. Though the battle did have a specific strategy to it that the game pointed out.

Also, the games chapters seem to work more like a strategy game like fire emblem, where 1 chapter is usually 1 area or a major battle or something sometimes.

Edited by FISSURE, 25 February 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#12 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

First 20 minutes...in english!

http://kotaku.com/58...tory-in-english

#13 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

http://www.zeldainfo...us-release-date

US info...kind of getting really interested in this...

On a positive note, the North American release of Hironobu Sakaguchi’s RPG The Last Story is almost upon us. It will be available on August 14. Some people are probably still sore that we’ve had to wait this long for it, but fear not: our patience will not be gone unrewarded. If you pre-order the game at Amazon.com, EB Games, or GameStop, you’ll get a soundtrack CD. But that’s not all- every launch copy of the game will come in limited edition packaging, and a softcover art book to boot. The book should look nice next to my copy of the one from Xenoblade Chronicles.
What will you have to pay for this amazing package, you ask? Just the normal $49.99. It may take another month, but will you hold out for this awesome game?

EDIT: Know what, PREORDERED. Art books are a really easy way to get me to buy your stuff.

#14 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

http://www.gameinfor...last-story.aspx

20 minutes of footage from the NA version!

#15 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

http://www.siliconer...from-the-crowd/

Interview with the lead designer. Can't wait until this one comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users