Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:11 AM
Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:52 AM
I wouldn't want Zelda to be combined with anything, since we're (more or less) a Zelda forum. Nintendo and Other could possibly be combined into one "Gaming" Forum, and then divided into subforums of Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Computer, and Other, with anything that's on multiple systems (like Final Fantasy XIII) in the main Gaming Forum.
Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:01 AM
I also don't want to bother with subforums if any categories get moved. I guess what I am looking for is one large often used area rather than a ton of sparingly used ones.
Maybe the Zelda section could be a sub under the combined Gaming? I am not very happy with how much it is used...but there is only so much we can talk about with so little information on the next installments out there.
I almost think combining general chat and entertainment might work but that is nowhere near as high as a priority as doing something with the gaming sections.
Edited by H.J. Weasel III, 07 October 2009 - 11:19 AM.
Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:20 PM
Here are my thoughts:
- As a "Zelda" Forum, having a Zelda section is good to kind of give us a priority, more or less. We can move our focus away from Zelda and put it with Nintendo in the rest of gaming, but then I'd have to suggest renaming the forum, which
- Nintendo can be moved into the rest of gaming. If it's going to be a subforum, though, there should be one for the other companies (hence my earlier proposal). Otherwise it might be difficult to find a topic on an individual game, since we tend to have topics for almost every game. I think it would make it cluttered.
- General Chat is nice for birthdays and news, as well as pretty much anything else we need to talk about. On the other hand, we could easily do all of this in the Asylum, so this area could probably be scrapped.
- Entertainment is a good place to talk about music, TV, and movies. I wouldn't do anything with this.
- Artwork... isn't really used much anymore, but part of that is due to members being busy as opposed to a lack of interest.
If we manage to make a News Forum, a Greeting/Departure Forum, Gaming Forum, an Entertainment Forum, and an Artwork Forum, along with the Asylum and Blogs, that might be what you're looking for, which I'm not opposed to. I would, however, really like to see some subforums in the Gaming Forum, as mentioned above. I seriously believe that having all of the topics for all of the games for every system under one heading would be too cluttered.
Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:23 PM
Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:41 PM
What about General Chat and Entertainment? Entertainment tend to get a lot of traffic because of movies and music, but General Chat is kinda useless thanks to the Asylum.
Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:47 PM
Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:58 PM
Should we just make a "Happy Birthday" Thread? That would cut back on all of the threads that wish people happy birthdays to people who won't see them.
Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:52 PM
The birthday topic is a good one though.
Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:23 AM
Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:15 AM
Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:47 AM
Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:56 AM
Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:07 PM
Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:36 AM
Anyway...anyone else? Or should I just go ahead and do this. I really want more input though.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users