Photo

KG:AA - Episode #1 - Bomb Shed Turnabout

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
240 replies to this topic

#31 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Location:Where Happy Cows come from. And no, that place is not California!
  • XBox Live:Mr Redz

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

Objection your honor, I would like the prosecution to refrain from retelling what the witness just said. The jury already heard it from the witness's mouth, they don't need a reiteration about it. If they wish to restate the testimony, the closing would be the best time.

#32 Medium of Mystery

Medium of Mystery

Aide to a new Attorney

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

dry.gif

Mela... you must be a glutton for punishment.

Edited by Medium of Mystery, 05 April 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#33 teej

teej

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

Overruled. There's nothing wrong with re-iteration. Many things will be said more than once in this court-room, if I said it was not allowed, it'd like I was presiding over this case with an Iron Gavel (it's made of copper, iron sucks!). The times a piece of evidence has been stated is inconsequential, unless it is disruptive in nature, which in this instance, it isn't.

Please proceed, prosecution, to bring all evidence you deem necessary to light, or ask the defense to cross-examine if you are done.

#34 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

This will be all the evidence I will bring up in the court for now, Your Honor. The prosecution rests. The defense may begin its cross-examination at any time.

#35 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Detective Donat, I would like to first direct you to your first piece of evidence, the photograph. You said that there are only splinters, ruins, and a foundation. Yet when I look at this photograph, I see this rather large door looking, unburnt piece of wood. Would you care to explain why you didn't think it was necessary to tell the court this?

#36 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

Ah, my mistake, I forgot to mention the plank... I haven't had my morning cup of joe, you'll have to forgive me, Mela-chan. ;_;

Just a plank, I see no reason why it'd be out of the ordinary. Do you remember the lab incident from way back when with Robo and the gang? Man, that was crazy stuff, the explosion blew up the lab but there were some pieces of debris that weren't charred, just scattered.

Also, why didn't you say anything back when I was talking about it? I totally would've brought it up if you had told me...

#37 Medium of Mystery

Medium of Mystery

Aide to a new Attorney

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

You... forgot?

Detective Donut, perhaps you are aware of this, but an explosion is a mass of energy, destroying anything in its path in flame and sheer pressure. Tell me, do you know how it would be possible for, in the face of so much gunpowder and other explosives, one plank remained unharmed while the others were blown to splinters?

#38 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

You tell me, MoM. I didn't major in forensics nor science, I'm just a writer, a Dreamer, and a Captain.

#39 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

(Edit)

Please refrain yourself to not answer my questions with another question, going off on random tangents, and to keeping your anger in check.

If you didn't major in forensics, how did you become the main investigator of this case?

Edited by Benjamin L. Matlock, 05 April 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#40 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

The prosecution would like to request that the defense stop badgering the witness. He's explained what the wooden object is in the crime scene photo, there is no need to add more pressure on him. You've gotten your answer, now let's move on.

Also, I'd like to remind you that this detective is always with me working on a case, so he would have had no relation or grudge wth/against the defendant.

Edited by Trucy Wright, 05 April 2008 - 03:32 PM.

#41 Medium of Mystery

Medium of Mystery

Aide to a new Attorney

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

objection.gif

As long as there is a contradiction the defense has the right to solve it!

Edited by Medium of Mystery, 05 April 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#42 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

And we are not badgering the witness your honor. We are merely asking the witness reasonable questions based on what the witness has said.

Edited by Benjamin L. Matlock, 05 April 2008 - 03:34 PM.

#43 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

Then I would like to ask the defense what contradiction there is.

#44 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

If the prosecution can not see this contradiction then they are blind your honor. It is obvious to see what it is.

#45 Medium of Mystery

Medium of Mystery

Aide to a new Attorney

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

*turns to Mela*

Detectives and Forensic scientists are different things Mela.

But speaking of the crime scene, I've set the grounds for you, do you want to explain the contradiction about the plank or shall I continue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users