Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:27 PM

Monday: Reports that we need to get loans reviewed wouldn't run because some random person (still don't know who) had them open, so they could not be automatically overwritten by the new reports. That got fixed 6 hours into our shift. In addition, a new required field showed up in our data entry screen that was not supposed to be there because the change was supposed to happen to every department except ours. It will not be fixed until Saturday, because that's when they fix things.

Tuesday: The day after President's Day. We got so few packages, we were done with our work in about an hour and a half.

Wednesday: Actually went normal!

Thursday: Oe of our servers went down, causing half of our team to not be able to log into their computers to work. When we finally fixed that (4 hours in), one of our programs for data entry went down, so NOBODY could work. That was fixed in another hour.

Friday: A department next to ours received a package that felt like it had a small, hard object inside. Following protocol, the police and emergency people were called. They removed the package and quarantined a separate area of the building, which just so happens to be the hallway leading to the main entrance. Suddenly we are told, rather loudly and abruptly, to quickly move to the back corner of the building because the object in the package started buzzing and moving. Turns out it was a phone that some asshole put inside of the package. So yeah, a frickin' BOMB SCARE at work. We were told that we could leave early to settle our nerves or whatever, so now I'm home.

Saturday (tomorrow): I get to go to work at 6:00 in the morning to test that the fix they worked on for that problem that occurred on Monday actually goes through without incident.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users