• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

What I like best so far is that when you have to draw some symbol, the game is pretty good with recognizing what it is.

Even if your handwriting sucks on so many different levels like yours truly's.

And most of the new puzzles are awesome, like the shutting-the-DS one Hanz mentioned. And Haku... Potential spoilers here, but I haven't had that much trouble with the Ocean King temple overall. The Phantoms, however... Are a b****. A very large one, too. Out of reflex, I charged one down and tried to kill it because I wasn't really paying attention to the stupid red fairy, what's-his-face, Leaf. You can probably guess that that didn't go well in the slightest... And the Phantom Eyes that first appear on the fourth floor... EUGH. I've almost gotten offed on the fifth floor three times because I stupidly neglected to look at the map, so I didn't see 'em and they summoned Phantoms. I was lucky I was near a safe zone each of those three times. I wasn't so lucky the first time I encountered the stupid aqua eyes... I didn't look at the map while an Eye was near and there was no safe zone in sight, and it was because the damn thing loosed a backup Phantom right near me that I got nailed and decided, screw this, I'll start over so I can get my time back.

I'm with Hanz, the sailing is massively better than TWW's. So is the non-sword weapon control... The boomerang is so much more controllable than it ever has been. Bombs are easier to aim, too. You can rebury holes you've already dug with the Shovel if needed. The ability to write on maps is really nice, too...

A warning: There's fairies and one of them uses Navi's "hey" from OoT. I had an "AW CRAP!" moment when I first heard that, but it doesn't occur that often.

#32 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

1 more week...man...

What I've seen is good and the reviews are all 9+...so...this is on the top of my list now.

#33 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

My brother got it yesterday. Then his DS broke.

He got to play it on a friend's DS though. It's pretty good. From what I've seen so far, it looks and plays very much like Animal Crossing: Wild World. Which is an excellent game.

It was funny at the end of the starting movie, where Link gets woken up by the fairy. The second that 'HEY' burst out of the DS's speakers, I started laughing. [name removed] starts jumping up and down, grunting and cursing at the DS. It was hilarious to watch. XD.gif

#34 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

Evidently I haven't gotten far enough into the game to have seen some of the stuff you guys have mentioned, however I'm thoroughly impressed with it so far. And yes, the sailing system is so much better... I crave it now.

And the writing on maps is also great. I take extensive notes... which equate to random doodles. Linebeck will never know what those marks will ever mean, muhahahahaha! Tis the job of the navigator to keep his directions secret from the rest of the crew!

#35 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

I beat it this past weekend when I was at my parents house. It was really good, though a bit too easy for my tastes. The difficulty in the dungeons doesn't even start ramping up until the last two, and even those aren't that bad. But I'm beginning to enjoy the Temple of the Ocean King more and more, which started with the last run-through in it because of the Phantom Sword. Completing owning Phantoms is so much fun. Not to mention that once you beat the story, there's still so much extra junk in that dungeon that I must have! Holy Crap.gif It was great, but it would be fantastic is the difficulty and the length of the dungeons were ramped up a few notches.

#36 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone found Moby Dick Island?

#37 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Dark Phantom @ Oct 16 2007, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone found Moby Dick Island?

Is that the one where you have to draw the map, and it turns out to be a whale? Yeah, I did if you're referring to this. I loved that island.

#38 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

that'd be the one!

#39 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Yeah. That's so awesome!

Just finished that place, actually =D

#40 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

I'm at like, the Northwestern part now, about to go to the island with the second spirit thing.

I'm in love with Linebeck....he is so awesome.

The only thing I dislike thus far is the diffculty...it took me roughly 10 minutes to finish the first temple, boss and all.

Edited by Uncle Rupee, 26 October 2007 - 12:31 PM.

#41 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

Linebeck is easily the greatest character in a long long time.

The game is painfully easy though...

#42 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

I agree with both points. I've almost completed the game.

Linebeck officially won me over on the Ghost Ship. Potentially best scene so far.

#43 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

Apparently from what I have read, people seem to be having a ton of trouble with the last two bosses. Ghost Ship and Phantom Linebeck...I didn't have too much.

My favorite boss is easily Eox...that was neat.

#44 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

I beat it this week sometime. I must say that the scenes on the broken ship and the scene with Linebeck and petrified Zelda were amazing. Easily (maybe next to Twilight Princess) one of the best cinematics in a Nintendo game...and that says something for a handheld.

I agree that it was kinda easy though...the biggest complaint I have with it overall is that the dungeons feel alot more...Room-to-room if you catch my drift. It feels alot more obvious that a switch to open the door is in the same room/floor instead of the entire dungeon.

Also, having to restart my game because I refused to give the hero my invisible clothes was pretty dumb. But I guess that's my own fault.

Pretty awesome game though...and my first (!) handheld Zelda.

#45 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, the dungeons were way too formulaic. It just felt like they purposefully made it hard not to get lost or anything. They were also far too short (5 minutes? come on...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users