• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

Plus, re-inventing things (especially code) is almost never worth it...

That, right there, it absolutely true.

Granted, I wonder if this will be released with the DSi... and if they'll make any use out of some of the new features.

#17 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Madarame @ Mar 27 2009, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robo, correct me if I'm wrong, but did I ever directly specify you in that post? Cool your jets kiddo.

I love the Zelda series as much as the next guy, but, as you just stated now, it's a "newly" released title - with a few trailers. That comment was also NOT directed at you, but at those that are already going "BAWWWW" at it already. I'd rather keep a positive outlook on it until it comes out, rather than crying about it being a repeat, or a lazy hack off.

---
Edit: Also, did you even read the rest of my post, or did you just get stuck on my first paragraph?

heh, I keep editing this post as more thoughts come to mind. When I posted that, I hadn't even read your post - I just freshly came back from the sites with the trailers and felt sort of irritated by the comments. This ended up being one of those "bad timing" things. Never the less Robo, please learn to cool your jets off. You know I'm not like that.

Let's just work towards being better Zelda fans for the future.

Since there was no way I could have known you meant someone out of KG, your post seemed to make the most sense when directed towards me. Plus, the rest of your post were your personal expectations/views.
How can I discuss the "odd vibe" you felt, or the "They're not in Hyrule" which I already mentioned.

Nevertheless, my apologies.

#18 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

idk, it seems like less freedom at first [it did to me, so idk if I'm saying something already said], but really, what was in-between the islands in Wind Waker? Small forts, small ships you could raid, but those ere scattered here and there, so when you saw them, you could pretty much bee-line to them.

Therefore, having tracks isn't much different. Not to mention there's different ways to get to different places [you guys saw the video, the bottom map was littered with interlinking tracks], so yeah.

Also, hasn't almost every Zelda game been "beat boss, ride/walk/galllop to next area, beat boss again, etc"? What's the difference with it being on a train? WITH A CANNON?! Fire Truck YEAR. SHOOTING ROGUE PIGS WHILST ROVING THE NEW HYRULE COUNTRYSIDE!

Wish the name were cooler though. :<

#19 Triforce+

Triforce+

When I was your age, I was catching Pokemon, not STIs

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Phaeon @ Mar 27 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My dad plays with trains. They are not children's toys any more than cars are.

I could see re-making models or graphics engines if they were switching platforms, but... PH did a good job of using the DS's capabilities, and I would guess any improvement for the system would be mostly unnoticeable.
Plus, re-inventing things (especially code) is almost never worth it...

I never did like PH that much, and there are better looking DS games (SM64 DS). I think the control scheme was very well thought out, but I would of prefered having two diffrent control schemes so I could play the "tradtional" way (a la Dragonball Origins, which plays the same way but also has a D-Pad + Buttons control scheme.).

Also, I know that trains aren't children's toys (my friend's dad has a whole room dedicated to a train set and it's Fire Trucking awesome.), but the game looks like it's for five year olds. *sigh* WW's "kiddie" reactions finally make sense to me... Exept WW was GOOD...

#20 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

It's mostly just a different style. They don't have the same capabilities with the DS that they had with the Gamecube, so it's hard to remake that feel, especially with such an in-depth game.

I enjoyed the stylus control. It was weird at first, but after a while, it became second nature to me. It's kinda like Twilight Princess on the Wii - I'm still getting used to that.

#21 Triforce+

Triforce+

When I was your age, I was catching Pokemon, not STIs

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Linkmaster30000 @ Mar 27 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoyed the stylus control. It was weird at first, but after a while, it became second nature to me. It's kinda like Twilight Princess on the Wii - I'm still getting used to that.

TP I actually really enjoyed playing some of it on the Wii (I have the GC version, because at the time I didn't have a Wii.). I think that worked really well for Zelda and would love to see it expanded on (WII MOTIONPLUS PLZ). My major gripe with PH's control was that my hand was covering half the screen most of the time. Dragonball Origins fixes that, with "traditional" controls, but also with touch screen controls (people say that it's easier to do the special attacks with the stylus, but you don't have to use it.). I would like to see a Zelda DS with this control scheme.

My other major gripe is, even though I love the man to death, Miyamoto is heading the game. So it will probably play very well, but we all know we play Zelda for the stories. Or at least I do. GODDAMNIT GIVE ME MY TP SEQUEL SO I CAN WRITE MOAR FANFICS. (TP had one of my favorite Zelda plots, and it just HAPPENS to have my favorite Zelda couple (at the moment), LinkxIlia.)

#22 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

The problem there is the same as with Punch-Out!! Wii. Why include motion/stylus control with classic control? What is the purpose? I guess one could say "To cover the bases" and make sure at least one option doesn't suck, but why waste development time on it? I'd rather have a developer actually try to make something like PH work than give me two mediocre alternatives. PH is still the best stylus controlled game on the DS by far.

Spoilerized for LM: And while TP is by far the best story in a Zelda game, no doubt, it isn't all that different from OoT minus a fake-out at the end. Evil Shaq-Fu goes down, your too late, go find three things in a forest, fire and water temple, OHSHIT BAD GUY GOT THERE BEFORE YOU, find a way into bad guys castle, fake-out, Hyrule Castle is overrun.

Of course that is going over the details quite a bit, but yeah. I personally don't play Zelda for the story, I play it for the (mostly) kickass dungeons.

#23 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

You know I beat TP on the GCN, right? laugh.gif

#24 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Ponder.gif

Aww.gif

#25 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

New Trailer!

http://www.gametrail...da-spirit/58652

...Well that's interesting. Zelda is your companion for the first time in the series, and she's the one who takes over the statues.

I want this game even more.

#26 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

I really love the music in that trailer. Also, ROPE SNAKE?! Mother 3 crossover item!!

#27 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

My thought exactly. I also love how it sounds like Indiana Jones when he uses it.

#28 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:42 AM

Is it me (I didn't pause the video to examine it or anything) but did the weird ghost train thing have Ganondorf's face on it?

#29 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

It looked similar... I suppose it could be.

#30 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

A week left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users