#2 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

EVERY THREAD IS TF2 THREAD.

I did kinda crappy today. Didn't bother checking my ratio.

#3 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

I kept playing tag with other Scouts today.

While I was successfully gunning down Snipers as one, one of them turned to Scout and enlisted the help of another Scout to try and shoo me away. I suck at Scout vs. Scout encounters, and therefore I ran. Today, I successfully learned to run backwards so I can cover my back, and I had some pretty awesome runaways in the towers on the Orange maps. More often than not, I got gunned down when I decided "blah I've had enough" but it sure as hell was fun, all that running.

Also, three crits in a row in today's games, knocking out a Medic, Sniper, and a Pyro in that order. Then I got crit-wrenched. I swear, I love this game.

#4 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

I spent today trying to get TF2 to run on my dad's new computer. Needless to say, I failed. Even with tweaking and FPS lowering all the settings down to Low, I only managed to get 5 FPS. I have now learned first hand that intergraded video cards fail on levels I didn't even think failure was possible on. dry.gif

Oh, and I've been doing fairly Hey, that kangaroo just took my ball. as of lately. About all to say on that subject.

#5 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

Practice makes perfect mate. I started playing today, and then got bored since my team wasn't doing anything to push for the next point.

#6 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:03 AM

Ugh, I hate it when teams do that. I'm trying to cap the fourth point, and I've got no support because 1) Engies won't move up their equipment from third point, 2) too much dicking around on their part, and 3) they're all spies and snipers with the occasional Heavy/Medic/Pyro/Demo that only gets sniped by the same sniper that just killed me.

#7 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

All three of those points usually seem to be the case. Now, trust me, when I play as an Engie, I do try to move my gear up once we have enough mechanical defense covering from behind - however, on maps like Orange X, moving up it a pain in the arse once we get to the tower. Try as I might, there's always a Pyro that comes ripping around the corner and clears my stuff out even before the initial setup is complete. I seriously need a dedicated Pyro or two to cover me while going on the offensive.

#8 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

Well, today you guys seemed to be having a good time with my little brother who played as me.

#9 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

0_o That wasn't you?

In any case, yesh, we had a pretty good game today - we brutally beat the other team into submission while attacking and defending on Badwater Basin. We had a really good team once we started pulling our stuff together (lots of drama). Donut was doing an awesome job - I rarely saw him most of the time, but while he was around, he left a good impact.

#10 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

I told myself if I could do something important this match, it'd be with my teleporter.

#11 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Man, epic game last night. We almost had a full team with the 281st - we had Donut, Haku, Xltd, myself, and another guy from my area that's not a member of KG yet.

Even if you didn't feel like fighting, the party in the Intel room was certainly worth listening in on, hehe.

We had taken it upon ourselves to guard the intel while the rest tried to rush in to capture the enemy intel. During our time spent in the basement, the Wicked Spy of the West ran into us a few times...

As you can see, a dispenser from Kansas landed on him.

Later on, X was getting itchy with an uber, so we rushed threw the sewers to clear out the enemy's Engie camp in there.

We caught the engineer sleeping on the job.

#12 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Not to mention some of you guys got spooked by my ghost... wooooo~

#13 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

Haha, yeah

#14 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:24 AM

Okay, so as an Engineer on 2Fort, providing I'm able to set-up in time I've come with an almost foolproof defense.

Sentry in the Intel room, then "Alarms" [aka my two teles and the dispenser] set up around the two only entrances to the area.

- Entrance built at the door from the courtyard
- Dispenser built at the bottom of that courtyard stairwell
- Exit built at the top of the spiral ramp

That way, when one goes off, you know what direction it's coming from and can amply prepare and/or call for help. The Courtyard needs two alarms because it's somewhat more prone to action than the Spiral ramp one, therefore the second alarm is there to ensure that someone IS coming.

Also, I set them up because people can't resist destroying them. Never had someone sneak up on me when I had them setup.

Additional help [pyros, heavies, medics, etc.] are welcomed, as a pack of enemies are dangerous. This is not fit for fighting more than 2-3 enemies, 4 only if one of them isn't a medic.

A Spy working with a pack of even 2 or 3 can royally Fire Truck you up with this setup.

Thoughts?

#15 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

While this setup is good, an ubered pyro is all it takes to clean you out. As an additional part of your setup, having a dedicated medic/pyro on defense would be all you need, though the uber-charge should only be deployed when faced by an ubered opponent.

Notably, you should have your dispenser inside of the intel room, as opposed to being set-up as a trip wire (have the other engie set a dispenser there if he can); since more often than not, I would prefer seeing you stay in the room with that sentry gun in the event that your backup is pulled from the room.

We had a situation last night where a spy sneaked past me and hid behind the desk while cloaked. I never heard him coming until he sapped the sentry - after which I promptly roasted him. Luckily, the Engie on the job was close by, so the gun was saved.

Additional suggestions on what to do while waiting is to comb the intel area for enemy equiptment. We had a Blu Engineer that managed to make it into our base - he already had an operating teleporter, and was starting to set up a sentry gun. Stuff like that should be checked for and cleared out ASAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users