Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

From Serebii:

In the run up to Thursday's CoroCoro release, info is likely to be leaked. As such, the japanese blog, blue skY, a blog that got some info right prior to DP's release (also got some stuff wrong), has reported some new info said to be from CoroCoro. It's entirely possible that this is not true, especially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it, but here's the info as you do have a right to know:

* Pokémon Platinum, set for September release. Giratina on the box
* Volkner no longer gym leader of Sunyshore City
* The Underground is now Wi-Fi enabled
* An island called Battle Island, works in the same manner as the Battle Frontier
* Several new Pokémon 'forms' exist in the game; Giratina's Origin Form, Regigigas' Sky Form, Shaymin's Another Form
Edit @ 13:56 BST: Thanks to slowkingsley on the forums, we have some further info regarding these translated. Giratina & Regigigas' new forms are said to be able to get the Levitate ability and Shaymin's Another form may be at least part Ice Type

As stated before THIS IS NOT 100% CONFIRMED. The actual scans of the third game will come at some point during the week and we'll always have up to the minute coverage so be sure to keep checking back

#2 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

* The Underground is now Wi-Fi enabled
* An island called Battle Island, works in the same manner as the Battle Frontier

This is enough to make me buy this game if true. Especially the Wi-Fi enabled underground. (No matter how many people say the underground sucks.

I take it there will be trading between D/P and this game. Without that...no that would just be silly.

#3 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

Of course there will be. I believe that goes without saying.

#4 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

There is a very good possibility that I will buy this, if only for the other Pokémon forms and the Battle Island (depending on what you can get there).

I'd also like to know what Pokémon are obtainable, but that'll have to wait.

#5 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Dras @ May 10 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a very good possibility that I will buy this, if only for the other Pokemon forms and the Battle Island (depending on what you can get there).

I'd also like to know what Pokemon are obtainable, but that'll have to wait.

I guess they will just throw some random other wild pokémon in there just to set it apart.

Does anyone know if they possibly could make an entirely new pokémon obtainable? (one not yet seen in D/P or spoilers)Because that would kick some serious rear end.

#6 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

I was thinking more of Pokémon that aren't in Diamond (Glameow and Shieldon, for example). Or, if they have anything like they did for Emerald where you get BOTH Palkia and Dialga. And since they may be including a new Shaymin form, perhaps it's possible to get it...?

#7 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Dras @ May 10 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking more of Pokemon that aren't in Diamond (Glameow and Shieldon, for example). Or, if they have anything like they did for Emerald where you get BOTH Palkia and Dialga. And since they may be including a new Shaymin form, perhaps it's possible to get it...?

A better version of the scan shows your prayers have been answered, as the screen showing the Giratina show up on Spear Pillar at the final part of the Team Galactic battle has both Dialga and Palkia in the background.

Also notable is the screenshot of the ingame battle sprite of the new form of Giratina.

#8 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

Lv47, no less. Awesome.

#9 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

I feel kinda stupid asking this question, but I don't really follow release dates much and Nintendo Power cancelled my subscription even though we'd just renewed three or four months ago... Please don't laugh at me (or more specifically, please don't express that laughter to me).

This game is confirmed, right?

'Cus if it is, somebody's gonna get a new DS game.

#10 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (GameMisconduct29 @ May 14 2008, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel kinda stupid asking this question, but I don't really follow release dates much and Nintendo Power cancelled my subscription even though we'd just renewed three or four months ago... Please don't laugh at me (or more specifically, please don't express that laughter to me).

This game is confirmed, right?

'Cus if it is, somebody's gonna get a new DS game.

Not a stupid question at all.

This is pretty much confirmed since Corocoro magazine is pretty reliable and Nintendo hasn't come out to say it's fake yet. Plus, that Giratina form was already confirmed before this issue came out.

So I would say yes.

#11 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Did anyone notice the trainers clothes? Looks like a pretty heavy coat for cold weather. This is an absolute long shot...but different outfits? Eh...maybe I am just dreaming here.

#12 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Where do you see the different clothes? All I see are different colors...

EDIT: Well, I suppose he has long sleeves... but I think that's just the default male costume redesigned more than anything else. It would be cool to have customization, but I really doubt it.

Edited by Dras, 14 May 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#13 Master Lucario

Master Lucario

Feel the Aura...

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I've barely been able to keep up with all the Legendaries from Diamond and Pearl, and now they have Platinum XD.gif, I guess i'll have to get a DS sometime just to get this game, cause Giratina is just awesome...

EDIT: Had to put that Get in there XD.gif

Edited by Master Lucario, 15 May 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#14 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

It was pretty obvious from the get-go but for those of you who still weren't convinced; The official Japanese Pokémon site just updated it's frontpage with the Platinum stuff. So now we can all be happy and hand Nintendo our money again.
And then wait till Pokémon Uranium and Plutonium.

#15 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

I'm personally thinking Mythril and Oricalchum. Or whatever they may name any Silver/Gold remakes (there are a lot of hints of Johto in DP, which I missed the first time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users