127 replies to this topic

#121 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Ah, see your point for team battle. I'd probably just punch them in the face and tell them to pick different characters. XD.gif

And I worded that thing about the weapons poorly - let's use Ivy as an example. If you want to use a different weapon for Ivy, you go to create a character, make a copy of Ivy (It's still Ivy, but you can edit her costume and skills) and pick the new weapon. You're still playing as the character, it's just inconvenient to have to make a new copy for every single weapon.

#122 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

So... Mitusurugi, for example, can only weild Shishi-Oh? And if you make a Samurai, that character can only use whatever weapon you choose, like the Souvenir Sword?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

#123 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

I can't figure out the character creation worth crap. Meaning, I have no idea how to make a character from scratch. I've only figured out how to edit existing characters.

I like III's character creation better. At least III's was straightforward enough that you can figure out what the hell you're doing.

#124 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:06 AM

YODA AND VADER ARE EXCLUSIVES NOTHING ELSE WILL BE SAID ON THE MATTER -Namco

Oh....

Yoda = 600
Vader = 400

Why do you hate me so, Scamco?

#125 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

And now there is no reason (assuming this happens over here) to NOT get it for the 360 (besides any problems with the system itself).

I was just thinking about this game, actually - I looked at some online stuff and found out that the "new" characters besides Hilde and the Star Wars characters are basically copies of other characters. For example, the pale doll thing is basically Astaroth, and the elf lady is just like Amy. That's upsetting. Can Namco not think of anything new to create in terms of a moveset? I'm glad they have new weapons figured out, but this is like Kilik appeared with the exact same moveset as Seung Mina, only to a much greater extent. Also, Kilik's moveset has become more variant from Mina's in II and III, which I doubt will happen with these characters - like Necrid, I'm betting that they're a "one game only" deal.

#126 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (Linkmaster30000 @ Oct 17 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now there is no reason (assuming this happens over here) to NOT get it for the 360 (besides any problems with the system itself).

I was just thinking about this game, actually - I looked at some online stuff and found out that the "new" characters besides Hilde and the Star Wars characters are basically copies of other characters. For example, the pale doll thing is basically Astaroth, and the elf lady is just like Amy. That's upsetting. Can Namco not think of anything new to create in terms of a moveset? I'm glad they have new weapons figured out, but this is like Kilik appeared with the exact same moveset as Seung Mina, only to a much greater extent. Also, Kilik's moveset has become more variant from Mina's in II and III, which I doubt will happen with these characters - like Necrid, I'm betting that they're a "one game only" deal.

Namco has been psuedo-milking the franchise since SCII. The only character that ever made somewhat sense in the setting was Link. (Case can be made for Heihachi, I suppose.) All the Star Wars crap surely wasn't thrown in because it fit oh so well with the rest of the game(s).

On my previous post; The DLC will likely be some unlock key, so....yay? And for those of you unfamiliar with currency exchange ratios:

Yoda: $6
Vader: $4

#127 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

I thought a lot of the additions in SCIII were great. Sure, there were only three new characters (besides the CAC styles), but they were solid characters. And the CAC was well done, in my opinion. Plus, at least leveling up in III's CoS mode raised your stats, unlike in II where the only thing it did was unlock an area when you got to Lv74. The only thing missing was Team Battle, but I'm glad they didn't put it in (as stated previously in this thread).

#128 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

Just got this. Bought Darth Vader as well. DV and Yoda are awesome. The Apprentice is okay, but I can't really get the hang of him (though the computer does a great job). So far, besides Yoda, my favorite character is Amy (not just because she has the same name as my fiancee), and I based my CAC style off of her. I'm currently doing Arcade with everybody, then Story mode with everybody. That's usually good enough to level them up to Level 5 or 6, and then I can get their ultimate weapons as well (if I have the money). After that, I'll probably use my money to buy artwork, and then... well, the Tower is all that's left.

I've bought everyone I could, and unlocked 3 characters so far. It's too bad Scheherezade has such an annoying voice, because she looks so cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users