Fortified Zone review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Flash back to when this game was released. I had never even heard of it, mainly because I never owned an original Gameboy, and thus didn’t pay attention to the games coming out for it.
I decided to pick this game up off the 3DS Virtual Console after watching a short trailer of it. It’s basically a Rambo-like game where you navigate levels, shooting bad guys and jeeps/missiles/gun turrets. In this game, you have two characters: Masato (which is the better of the two, stronger and can fire more shots), and…a girl whose name I don’t know, because I never used her, aside from getting life ups for her. The levels are a 5 x 5 (I’m estimating here) grid with different rooms and traps. Bosses usually have different parts you have to kill, and doing so prevents the boss from hurting you as much, sometimes at all.
While I liked the actual gameplay and feel of the game, I didn’t really like how you took damage if you were like, barely touching an enemy or trap. I also didn’t like how the screen would move on boss fights, often moving you directly into the line of fire. Who the heck came up with that? Also, the last level had like, five minibosses and two real bosses. Overkill much?
The game is short though, and I would recommend this game (and plenty others on the 3DS Virtual Console) if you didn’t own an original GB like me, or just never owned this game and can’t be bothered to hunt down a 20 year old game. However, the issues I had with it make this game only three out of five stars. Still a pretty decent game for its price ($2.99).

#2 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • PSN:fissure100
  • XBox Live:fissure100

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just tried the game. It doesn't seem very fun lol. The miniboss guys or whatever in the trucks do 2 damage per hit, i can't seem to get any permanent health upgrades. Seems kind of impossible.

#3 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

There are permanent health upgrades.

Are you talking about the first level? It's not so hard if you just learn to dodge.

I didn't have much trouble until like...the third level.

#4 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

There are permanent health upgrades.

Are you talking about the first level? It's not so hard if you just learn to dodge.

I didn't have much trouble until like...the third level.

Nope, 2nd level

#5 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I tried to like this game, but damn its irritating.The rooms with the respawning enemies, the stupid ass hit detection with my slow characters. The fact that i got maybe to the last room of level 2 but got killed because of the respawning turrets and got killed to start all over with my 3 health bars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users