Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Just realized we didn't have this topic. Weird, huh? Anyway, describe your entrance into the Zelda universe - who introduced you to the series, your first game played/obtained, whatever.

The first Zelda game I played was Link's Awakening. Phaeon borrowed it from a friend. I think we got stuck on the third boss (Slime Eye) because we didn't know how to make him appear. It was a long time ago. It also ended up being the first Zelda game we owned (and beat and completed).

#2 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

My first Zelda was technically the first LoZ when I was 4 or 5 on my friend's NES. The first one I actually owned was LA, I believe. My first Zelda beat was Ocarina of Time, my first Zelda complete was LA.

#3 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Link's Awakening. The story behind that is extremely similar to LM's, except with me being the one borrowing it.

#4 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Link's Awakening. My brother and I both had copies. We used it on trips like crazy. Though it does have boring parts to it (ugh that water temple/whatever it's called where you get the flippers), it is overall still one of my most treasured games I've played to date.

#5 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

A Link to the Past, but I had been watching my dad and cousins play the original since before I could remember.

#6 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

I think it was Ocarina of Time. First one I actually beat was Phantom Hourglass.

#7 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

OoT. I first saw Link featured in some Kid's magazine alongside mario. then I saw a friend playing it, then I rented it from a video-game rental shop, fell in love with it, and then finally owned it. It all happened over a span of two weeks.

#8 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Ocarina of Time. I mistook it for Quest 64 (thank God) at Blockbuster, and have been a fan since.

#9 Blacktail

Blacktail

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

The first Zelda game I ever played myself was A Link To the Past / Four Swords ( a late starter I know) but I grew up with a friend and has seen him play OoT and MM quite often.

#10 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • PSN:fissure100
  • XBox Live:fissure100

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

First one i tried was Zelda 2, got it from my dad for the NES, i was probably around 6-8 or so i think, but i wasn't big into video games then, until really the N64. My first Zelda that i actually played through and beat was Ocarina of Time.

#11 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

It was LoZ. I think my mom rented it or borrowed it from a friend. I don't think we owned a Zelda until Ocarina of Time though.

#12 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

OoA for me. I was in Florida when it came out and I'd heard good things about OoT. I'd been given money for a souvenir, but I spent it on something more productive and longer lasting.

#13 (Insert)

(Insert)

Dr McCaptain Brackets

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

My parents bought me Ocarina of Time as one of my first games when I got my Nintendo 64 one Christmas. I was 5 I think. I did in fact enjoy that game.

#14 Trish the Stalker

Trish the Stalker

Naked is a good look

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

My very first system was an N64. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the only two I've legitimately played. Doesn't change the fact that OoT is one of my favourite games ever, along with Starfox 64 and Donkey Kong Kountry for the SNES.

#15 ParasiteQueen

ParasiteQueen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • XBox Live:ParasiteQueen

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

First one was Link to the Past. All of the questing and hunting for items and sidequesting that is a Zelda game was extremely addicting. Then there was Ocarina of Time; simply taking all of the fun of a Zelda game and adding an explorable world in 3D to the Zelda concept. AWESOME. I distinctly remember skipping a class in college because of the Gerudo dungeon where you got the Ice Arrows; one of the keys was maddeningly elusive, and it required the Lens of Truth to find. The other games were just naturally addicting after that. :)

Edited by ParasiteQueen, 04 April 2011 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users