Photo

System Wars

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii?

Which one will prevail?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Which one will claim the top spot at the end of it? This poll is not about which is the best, but which one will sell the most to a wide array of consumers.

My money is on the Xbox 360, because it has a solid line-up of games both coming and already out, plus some good online support and Xbox Live Arcade.

#2 Guest_bobette_*

Guest_bobette_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

I'm goin with the Wii, simply because every single game system I ever had was made from Nintendo.

So maybe I'm just being sentimental about it, but I can't ever ever switch loyalties TT lol

#3 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,266 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Wii, the only reason X-box is selling more is because it got a year long head start.

#4 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Well, the Wii is catching up to the 360 so fast, I wouldn't blame them if by the end of the year the sales surpassed that of the 360.

My vote goes to the Wii. I would consider the PS3, but since they're not releasing any "real" price cuts, I can't see them leaping forward in sales any time soon.

#5 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

In the end, I feel the XBox 360 will win, as the Wii is a party machine. As much as I dislike saying this, the Wii will lose its luster after a while - innovation can only go so far, they need a more solid line-up of games.

Edited by Dark Phantom, 17 August 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#6 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

In the next half year Wii only has one or two great games coming out.
360 has about 5 or 6.
And they're going to release more.
So, my bet's with 360.

#7 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'd have to say the Wii. Adults are buying it for a chance to play their childhood NES games via Virtual Player and for exercise and fun, and the kids are liking the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid staples, along with the upcoming Smash Bros game.

X-Box 360 has the potential to give it run for its money, but so far, all I've seen that's really a Microsoft magnet is Halo.

PS3 needs games and a price cut. Badly.

#8 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

As much as I love Nintendo, I have to look realistically and at the mainstream of gaming. 360 wins. It's the new PS2. It has mass appeal, as well as stuff for the die-hards. While the Wii has these two, some times the Wiimote does feel a big gimmicky to me and overall people just can't seem to get into Nintendo.

#9 Big Wario

Big Wario

I am the Spar-tan.

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

I love the Big N, but my gut's gonna go with the 360. It is a rounded console and gets nearly all the multiplatform games, plus some good exclusives (Im looking at you, Gears of War.....). It takes my vote.

#10 Pope Yvarg

Pope Yvarg

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Frau @ Aug 18 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I love Nintendo, I have to look realistically and at the mainstream of gaming. 360 wins. It's the new PS2. It has mass appeal, as well as stuff for the die-hards. While the Wii has these two, some times the Wiimote does feel a big gimmicky to me and overall people just can't seem to get into Nintendo.

I dunno, I think out of ALL types of people, the Wii has the more of an appeal to the masses. My brother just bought one and my parents (who have never shown any interest in videogames) both want to play some of the games. I would pass this off as just a coincidence if all my other friends who have it didn't have pretty much the same thing happen. But who knows, it may lose it's luster pretty fast like DP says. Personally I think among big gamers the 360 will be popular, but among those who don't care for videogames much the Wii will sell more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users