• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

Which genres of games do you like?

RPGs are my favorite, though Action and Adventure games are also cool. Fighting games are fun, as are some Party games. Racing and Sports games I don't get into beyond Mario and WiiSports. Shooting games are my least favorite, just because they're all very similar, and I die in all of them. The closest ones I have are Metroid Prime and Conker, neither of which really count. MMORPGs sound really cool, but I don't have the money to pay the monthly fees for the good ones.

#2 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,266 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

I like RPG and action/adventure because they keep me occupied for so long. I also absolutely love fighting games, but I am horrible at them usually.

I am really good at shooters, but the "realistic" ones I can't get into after all the talking I have done with actual soldiers who have been in real combat. If I am shooting aliens or stuff its fine, but not real people in real situations. Just kinda doesn't seem right.

#3 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

Action/Adventure mostly. I also enjoy the occasional RPG. (If they are not too complicated) I enjoy games that keep me enjoyed for a prolonged period of time, because I don't have huge stacks of cash lying around.

Shooters and Fighters are also some of my favourites. Enjoy Sports games, but I mostly suck at them. Played a MMORPG for a while, but I don't enjoy them as much anymore after getting to a very high level. It just gets boring doing nothing but training your stats. FPS's are also a good deal of fun. but the recent ones dissappoint.

Aside from all that, Retro games/genres are my thing. Ikaruga being a prime example for my love of everything old-school.
I must say I haven't played alot of classics. Say, Super Metroid, but I do enjoy old NES and SNES games.

#4 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

Action/Adventure and platformers for me. Man, I love a good platformer. I can stand RPGs if they are really great, otherwise I get too bored with the time between doing something fun and spending two hours talking to someone. Jade Empire and KOTOR were alright, but talking to people made it feel more like an interactive movie. Anyway, mainly Action and platformers. I like some FPS but mainly for the multiplayer aspects. And of course, fighters are great too.

Edited by Frau, 19 August 2007 - 03:37 PM.

#5 Eponine

Eponine

wtfbsct

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

RPGs, Action/Adventure, Fighting, and such. I love a game with a great story and awesome characters. Also, I love having a lot of choices and being able to play it over for fun and discovering new things. Story and characters matter the most to me.

#6 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Cinematic Ultraviolence is the only genre I settle for.

#7 Guest_bobette_*

Guest_bobette_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

Fighting games, definitely, and racing games. RPGs are also a fav, of course. I'd say adventure is a close second.
I love shooting games...but I'm really, really bad at them. TT

#8 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,266 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

We are opposite then...I love fighting games but am horrible at them while you are good...and I am awesome at shooting and you aren't.

#9 Guest_bobette_*

Guest_bobette_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

hehe. well, guess this is proof we all have different strengths and weaknesses then. X3 but you are prolly not as bad as you think. ~

#10 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

RPG's are definately my favorite genre. They're just so entertaining, they usually have deep, complex stories, and they take absolutely forever to beat, for the most part.

However, I like other genres, like action/adventure, rhythm/beat games, survival horror, and I'm getting more into the FPS/3PS genres as of late. I'm usually into most genres, though. It just varies.

#11 Blacktail

Blacktail

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

I like RPG's, Adventure, survival/horror (woot RE), and shooters about the same. I love the stories and lands of RPG's and the epic tales of Adventure games.

Fighting and racing games are well and good, too. I dont like rhythm and puzzle games as much though.

Edited by Leon Tros, 20 August 2007 - 06:50 PM.

#12 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

RPG's. Most specifically, tactical RPG's, like FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, or Disgaea.

#13 Big Wario

Big Wario

I am the Spar-tan.

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

Im not sure how to classify Phoenix Wright, but if I like whatever that is. Action and adventure are great. The only kinds of RPGs that I really like are grid-based tactics games, but I really love those. Im not so big on shooters, although there have been some great ones. Also, puzzle games suck, racers have their moments, and platformers Im not too big on, but are good. Elite Beat Agents and Guitar Hero are as far as I go with music games.

#14 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

I love RPG's and whatever genre Phoenix Wright is (it varies on every site).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users