Photo

Top 5 Favorite video games of all time

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Location:Where Happy Cows come from. And no, that place is not California!
  • XBox Live:Mr Redz

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

1. Legend of Zelda: OoT
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Metroid Prime
4. Gears of War
5. Halo

Honorable Mentions

Halo 2
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Goldeneye 007
PONG
FF7
FF9
Duck Hunt
Legend of Zelda: AlttP
Super Mario 64
Star Craft
WarCraft 3
Tetris
Lost Planet

#17 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

In no order at all:

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
- Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
- Tales of Symphonia
- LoZ: Wind Waker

#18 oddish

oddish

Keeper of the Verdant Badge

• Bad Science
  • 111 posts
  • Steam:xoddish

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

In no order, and subject to change if I give it more thought...
  • EarthBound
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokémon Diamond
  • Super Mario World
  • Portal

#19 Triforce+

Triforce+

When I was your age, I was catching Pokemon, not STIs

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Top Five, with reasons:
1) Chrono Trigger (One of the greatest RPGs of all time, one of the greatest RPG stories of all time. It's freaking epic.)
2) Zelda: Windwaker (My favorite console Zelda game, visually I find it beautiful (I love the art style.), and the story is like a lot of Zelda games. A great example of don't judge a book by it's cover.)
3) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Obvious reasons. One of my favorite games. I love Paper Mario. :3)
4) Advance Guardian Heroes (PICK UP THIS GEM NOW, IF YOU CAN FIND IT. IT'S THE BEST BEAT 'EM UP EVER. (And it has RPG elements! Holy Crap.gif))
5) Paper Mario (2 is better, but I love the original. :3)

Honorable Mentions:
Zelda: Minish Cap (My first Zelda game I beat on my own, for that it holds a special place in my heart. :3)
SSBB (Obvious reasons. XD.gif)
SSBM (More obvious reasons. XD.gif)
Super Mario Galaxy (even MORE obvious reasons. XD.gif)
Mirror's Edge (Of what I've played of it. My computer's screwy, so I can't play for more than, like, 5-30 minutes. It depends on if it wants to work. D:)

#20 Fox

Fox

Decepticon Secret Police

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • XBox Live:Butter Building

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'm just going to list my favorite games, not necessarily what I think are the "best."

Pokémon Silver Version
This will always be my favorite game. It's one of those games that, not only did I really like it as a kid, but it has a lot of memories attached to it.

Actually, I'm just going to leave that one. It's easier for me to choose one than it is to choose five.

Edited by Fox, 02 April 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#21 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Pokémon Ruby: The first Pokémon I ever played
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: Aside from Goombella, a top-notch game
Pokémon Platinum: Where Pokémon got serious for me
Bowser's Inside Story: Terrible ad campaign, but great game
Fallout 3: Best game I ever played

#22 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

1. Resident Evil Remake
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Metroid
4. Donkey Kong Country... I can't choose. They were all awesome.
5. Diablo 1 or 2... I dunno. Maybe 2?

I suck at listing more than a couple of my favorites. Otherwise, my general inclination is to list a crap load of good games.

#23 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

New Gen:
1. Assassin’s Creed I
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Assassin’s Creed II
4. Prince of Persia
5. -Tie- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations and TLoZ: Skyward Sword

Old Gen:
1. -Tie- TLoZ: Majora's Mask and TLoZ: Wind Waker
2. Shining the Holy Ark
3. Super Metroid
4. Mega Man X5
5. Metroid: Zero Mission

Edited by Torn, 22 March 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#24 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

I haven't posted for 3 years, and since then my collection has almost doubled so...UPDATE TIME! Now with explanations!

1. Resident Evil [REmake] (Gamecube)-No matter how much I love Skies of Arcadia, I will always love Resident Evil better. Resident Evil just has such a good story (at least the early ones), even if you have to piece it together from the files. And Wesker is beyond awesome. :Holy Crap:

2. Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)-This became an instant favorite when I got it for Dreamcast. I loved the Dreamcast in the first place, but when I got this, it just put it over the top. There's a fair amount of stuff to do, and the music is great. Drachma is awesome.

3. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)-Like my Dreamcast, when I got my Saturn, I loved it. When I got Panzer Dragoon Saga, I loved it even more. The cutscenes in this game are epic, it has full voice acting (although in a made up language), and you ride a frikkin dragon.

4. Earthbound (SNES)-When I got my SNES, this was the game I wanted on it. I was lucky and found it for $50 (pretty cheap for the game), and it's been one of my favorites ever since. Who wouldn't love a psychic kid beating up stuff with a baseball bat?

5. Paper Mario (N64)-Even though Mario games are rather lacking in the story department, this seems to be more than good enough, as I think gameplay should tell the story, not cutscenes as much. Bow, Watt, Kooper, and Parakarry are awesome, but I probably like Bow the best, even if she can't attack everything.

#25 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

REDO!

Now that I've played TF2, it has to replace my top slot, and Fallout New Vegas replaces Fallout 3, rounding out the top 5.

1. Team Fortress 2 for the PC/Mac: This game has everything a gamer could want. Hats, unlockable weapons, amazing classes, hilarious dialogue, and amazing artstyle are just some of the things that make TF2 a game for the ages.

#26 James Cooper

James Cooper

• Banned
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

This is really hard. I have a hard enough time picking my top 10 but in no order here's 5:

Majora's Mask
Resident Evil (Director's Cut)
Shadowgate
Final Fantasy VII
Portal

There are at least 10 more games I love just as much.

#27 Akuma

Akuma

Network Warrior

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • 3DS:5413-0073-0975
  • Steam:xxshenakumaxx
  • XBox Live:xXShenAkumaXx

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

In no particular order, and only temporary..

Legend of Dragoon
Dragon Warrior (Still got the cartridge :D)
Final Fantasy Tactics
No More Heroes 2
Megaman Battle Network 2

Runners up include:
Anything Megaman Battle Network
Resident Evil 4
Diablo 2
Super Mario RPG
Baiten Kaitos
Kingdom Hearts

#28 zezhyrule

zezhyrule

This is good, isn't it?

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • 3DS:4815-1623-4296
  • PSN:zezhyrule
  • Steam:zezhyrule

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

1) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

2) Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

3) Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations

4) Final Fantasy IX

5) Zelda: Majora's Mask

List subject to change... It's hard to place favorites D:

#29 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

Time for a redo. No order still

Resident Evil (GCN): Interesting in a sort of taken from X-Files way. After playing Sweet Home (and watching the movie), I have a greater appreciation for what this game was meant to be and turned out to be thanks to X-Files. lulz

Recommendations: X-Files lulz (show), Sweet Home (film and game), Night of the Living Dead (at least the original film), Hitchock's The Birds (film), Cujo by Stephen King (novel and film), Alone in the Dark (game series), etc.

Silent Hill 2: This game and everything about it doesn't cease to move me. I love the series, and I love the sources of its influence. It's far more of a mind-trip than any other game I think I've played. Unlike a lot of horror games, i.e. Resident Evil, the characters are very fleshed out, very human and very interesting to me.

Recommendations: Mulholland Drive (film), Twin Peaks (show and movie - I still need to watch this one myself), Session 9 (film), Jacob's Ladder (film), Chzo Mythos (game), Elephant Man (film), etc.

Fatal Frame 2: It's an amazing and tragic story. The 2nd one is definitely way scarier and more polished, but I haven't finished it yet. So far, I've loved both games, and i love the mythos behind the series.

Recommendations: uh... really, just about any Asian horror film involving ghosts. Sweet Home, Ringu, Shutter, A Tale of Two Sisters, The Eye, etc.

Fallout 3: As a horror game fan, I felt the influence. There's a lot of feeling, though and class in this game that I didn't expect. It's almost like being able to play in Swan Song (great horror novel of the same themes).

Recommendations: Swan Song by Robert M. McCammon (novel), The Stand by Stephen King (novel and tv film), A Boy and His Dog (film and novellas), probably any 1950s pulp sci-fi, etc.

Uncharted 2: I'm very hesitant to take the recommendation of just any person, but I knew it had to be good when Paul and Mark talked it up. It's a very beautiful game, very addictive gameplay that doesn't try to apply any role-playing nonsense, and the characterization is top-notch. The cinematic transitions worked well for me, probably because that's what I lived for while playing games such as Resident Evil. Oh yeah, and only game on my list that isn't arguably a horror game in some way. Heh.

Recommendations: uhhh... Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider? I dunno. XD

Edited by Valentine, 22 November 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#30 Ammy175

Ammy175

I dunno

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

(Hope people don't mind the necro, but the thread's sticky'd, so...)

My pick for top game is a close call between Steins;Gate and VVVVVV.  Numbers 3 and 4 would probably belong to the two Dangan Ronpa games.  I'm not sure who to give number 5 to.  My initial thought it Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd, but there are plenty of others that could go there.

Honorable mentions include 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Pokémon Black 2/White 2, and Wind Waker HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users