86 replies to this topic

#76 oddish

oddish

Keeper of the Verdant Badge

• Bad Science
  • 111 posts
  • Steam:xoddish

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:04 AM

Um... I think since my last post it's just been The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas and The Emerald City of Oz by L. Frank Baum.

Reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin right now. Then probably going to continue with the rest of the series. At least finish the second book before the second season of the show starts.

#77 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

I forgot this topic existed. I read more Drizzt stuff and Scarlett. :o

#78 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

we have a topic like this?!

Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs

it was pretty awesome... but a little lofty of an artistic statement.

#79 oddish

oddish

• Bad Science
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Finished A Game of Thrones. Really, really good stuff. And now I get things that kind of went over my head when watching the show. Waiting for A Clash of Kings to come in for me at the library but I think everyone is reading this series right now because it is taking forever.

Also finished Scott Pilgrim. It was alright, liked it about as much as I expected I would. Mostly wanted to read it because I've heard so many good things and wanted to see what the big deal was. The art is nice and it's pretty amusing and does have some really awesome moments, but the majority of characters are jerks or otherwise unlikable. I guess that's the point, but it was kind of annoying.

#80 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

I forgot this topic existed. I read more Drizzt stuff and Scarlett. :o

Drizzt is pretty awesome. I really have to go back and re-read through it all and into the stuff that's been out since I last read those books.

I'm currently working my way through the Ravnica Cycle of MTG books, and the last one I read was Guildpact. Dissension is next!

#81 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

Gotham Central Book 2: Jokers and Mad Men.

If you have the slightest interest in Batman read this series.

#82 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Drizzt is pretty awesome. I really have to go back and re-read through it all and into the stuff that's been out since I last read those books.

I'm reading it all for the first time. Book IX of the republish Legend of Drizzt stuff is the last one I read. I'm not entirely blown away yet.

Reading Canticle by R.A. Salvatore now. Almost already better than some of the Drizzt stuff I've read.

Edited by Valentine, 08 September 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#83 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm reading it all for the first time. Book IX of the republish Legend of Drizzt stuff is the last one I read. I'm not entirely blown away yet.

Reading Canticle by R.A. Salvatore now. Almost already better than some of the Drizzt stuff I've read.

Canticle's really good too, yeah. I read them all during high school (they were in my high school library, of all places), then bought the big 5-in-1 book. Good stuff.

#84 oddish

oddish

• Bad Science
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

Woohoo, finished A Clash of Kings, picking up A Storm of Swords tomorrow. Good stuff...

#85 oddish

oddish

• Bad Science
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

I think this is also a topic that needs pinning...

Since last time I posted...

Read A Feast For Crows and I'm on A Dance With Dragons now. After this I'll be all caught up and be able to go look at the discussion and speculation. Sad that I'll have nothing else to read of this series until the next book is released, and there's no telling when that will be, considering George R.R. Martin's track record with getting these books out it's probably going to be quite a wait....

Read the first two books in the Temeraire series, His Majesty's Dragon and A Throne of Jade. First one was fun, second one was slow until the end. Not sure if I'm going to continue the series. Probably eventually. Especially if Peter Jackson does turn it into a movie/mini series, which he's talked about...

Read Tik-Tok of Oz and Scarecrow of Oz, and I'm now reading Rinkitink in Oz. Nearing the last of Baum's original Oz books. Not sure if I'm going to continue on to the rest of the Famous Forty after that or not...

Comics-wise, I'm getting caught up on Fables and finally finishing The Sandman right now. Also read Batwoman recently and it was really really amazing, and did everything right. Need to find more like that...

#86 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

I agree with the pinning-ness.

I did finish Canticle. It was great. I'd have finish In Sylvan Nights, but I stopped for a final exam.

#87 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

And Pinned

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users