12 replies to this topic

#1 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Too long since a new thread.

What do you want the newest Zelda, (probably on the Wii) to have? Think about new features, graphical style, dungeons, items, etc. This could make for a nice discussion.

#2 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

A magic system would be nice. Having spells and the Fire/Ice Rods would rock (Arrows are fine, too, but... rods are cooler, imo).

Some item to make you jump (Roc's Feather/Cape) would rock.

The reinstitution of the Ring System from the Oracle Games (or a similar system, like the SSBB Stickers) would probably be my number one suggestion.

More challenging. Since Majora's Mask (and Master Quest), the dungeons have been pretty easy, from Wind Waker to Phantom Hourglass. Actually, what might be better is a Second Quest like in the original where the levels were in different places and more difficult. Kinda like Master Quest, only more so.

More animal options. Epona is cool, but it would be interesting to see Ricky or some of the other animals in 3-D.

Bring back the Ocarina-type play. WW didn't really let you fool around with songs (because you couldn't, technically, create pitches), and TP had howling, which was kinda dull with a total of 3 notes. Not necessarily an ocarina - maybe some other instrument (though the most prominent ones have been taken for that style of world - harp, guitar/lute, drums, brass). Not sure.

Sound Test. Obvious reasons.

I may think of more, but that's all I can think of at this point. Graphics aren't a huge deal, as long as the scheme works.

Edited by Linkmaster30000, 15 March 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#3 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

I honestly want a Zelda game this is "different," per say. Kind of like Majora's Mask, since honestly, that was the last great innovation we had in this series. I'm right now replaying it, and I forgot how amazing and personal this game is in every sense of the word. Phantom Hourglass proved this to me--we really need to mix up the formula for the up-and-coming Zelda game. It's hard for me to say this, but I think if the next Zelda game uses the exact same cliche formula, I might abandon the series as a whole (or at least stop buying them).

So what could the series do to differentiate itself from the rest of the series? For one, a new land besides Hyrule/Great Sea. I'm honestly sick of Hyrule and the cliche story that goes along with it. We've beaten the "save the princess and Hyrule from Ganondorf" horse to death. Honestly, that is the one thing I can say positive about Phantom Hourglass. While the rest of the game is pretty broken, the fact that there is no Ganondorf in it makes me smile. Not to mention that Twilight Princess would have been better off without them tacking Ganondorf into the story somehow with no afterthought about it. And honestly, what's up with the "gather 3 items, then find out some major plot point in the story, and go to the rest of the dungeons without much of a story, fight a baddie, refight the baddie, and then save the world" formula? The Zelda games have used this since ALTTP, and I honestly think it's time to move on from this. Hell, Twilight Princess was one of my favorite Zelda games up until the 3rd dungeon. After that, however, it lost a lot of its epicness as the story just fell flat. We need a new story in a new land, that, like Majora's Mask, is both dark, sad, personal, and beautiful at the same time.

That is why I'm hoping that Retro--yes, Retro--the Metroid Prime guys--will make the next Zelda game. There are rumors everywhere about this, and I hope they're true. They made a new Metroid that was different from the previous games, yet just as good as them, if not better. I have full trust in this talented team, and for the series as a whole, I long for change, which I know this team could deliver. If left in Nintendo's hand, I fear for more rehash after rehash of the same freaking thing. Zelda as a whole needs change and needs it now!

Edited by Haku, 16 March 2008 - 02:52 PM.

#4 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

You know what I want... and give this a chance:
multiplayer
if not co-op or battle, then minigames... but I wanna share the fun

#5 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

So like Four Swords Adventure, or Phantom Hourglass WiFi, or what?

#6 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Linkmaster30000 @ Mar 17 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So like Four Swords Adventure, or Phantom Hourglass WiFi, or what?

Or something that...you know...doesn't suck? Four Swords Adventures is all right as a party game, but without people, it's so dull. And PH's multiplayer gets boring after a few rounds. I dunno. I would like a Zelda game that has substance both with friends and while you play alone, if there will be another Zelda that has multiplayer support.

I would love to see a full fledged Zelda game that supports co-op. We've already seen that the series can handle two person dungeons (WW), so why not build the game so the 2nd person could be another supporting character? If you don't have a friend to play with, it could handle similarly like the 2 person system did in WW. I know a few people that would love to have something like that.

#7 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

I always thought a Hylian RPG would be cool. Maybe with an online component (though then nobody could be the big names like Link or Zelda). Or maybe something like a split-screen adventure mode.

#8 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

I know this is a bit late, but this forum's kinda dead anyways.

I'd like to see a reversal of roles. Instead of playing as Link, perhaps it would be better to play as Ganondorf.
X and I were talking about that, he mentioned about using an Overlord theme.

#9 Xltd

Xltd

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Dark Phantom @ Jul 6 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is a bit late, but this forum's kinda dead anyways.

I'd like to see a reversal of roles. Instead of playing as Link, perhaps it would be better to play as Ganondorf.
X and I were talking about that, he mentioned about using an Overlord theme.

I also talked about perhaps being able to play as Zelda and have an puzzle/escape adventure game.

Then we also talked about incorporating playing either side while the AI plays the other, and no matter what side it ends in the same place, a castle of sorts, Ganondorf successfully destroys the city or something, and moves to the castle, only to meet zelda, who has broken free from Ganons prison.

something like that.

#10 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

Maybe you could play as multiple characters within the story (Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf) like in Paper Mario 2.

...Oh, man, that would rock.

#11 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Dras @ Jul 6 2008, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you could play as multiple characters within the story (Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf) like in Paper Mario 2.

...Oh, man, that would rock.

Yeah! That'd be really awesome.

I'd also want a storyline that had more to do with the Triforce again. I felt - in TP, at least - that Zelda and Ganondorf were horribly neglected when it came to roles. I missed the magic element too. D=

#12 Forte

Forte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Linkmaster30000 @ Mar 17 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always thought a Hylian RPG would be cool. Maybe with an online component (though then nobody could be the big names like Link or Zelda). Or maybe something like a split-screen adventure mode.

I've had an idea like that for a while. My idea for battles go like this:

-You play as one character, the CPU controls your partners
-It's a real time battle when you can move around and attack enemies
-The field itself is simply a square, you can walk off to run from a fight
-It's a sky type view, like any handheld Zelda game

happy.gif

#13 Luxord

Luxord

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

I would like to see a more plot twists in the game. Maybe more sadistic and powerful villains. I would like to see some of the boss fights
to be more challegening. Link to use some magic in the game, that would be cool.

Though I already like the Zelda game as it is...though a few changes won't hurt I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users