• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Many people all around the world have never even heard of this for PRACTICAL dieting purposes. I'll deal with the most effective way to fast, and the like.

How long do I fast?:
There are several ways to fast, the one I'll be talking about in this article is a 22 hour fast.

How many times a week can I fast?:
At most 2, and on non-consecutive days. 2 is aimed more towards the obese or those at risk for cancer.

Won't my muscles be destroyed?:
Say you start a fast at 10 PM the night before, and don't eat until 8PM the next day, the concern many have is muscles being eaten up. The funny thing is, this couldn't be further from the truth. Growth hormone rises exponentially, as well as IGF-1 to a lesser extent. These two highly anabolic hormones are only seen when insulin is gone. They keep the body at a much higher level of anabolism than having anything to eat in the morning (especially grains, as they triggger high insulin reactions).

Now, during the fast, I recommend only having one thing: Water. Tea may be used, but you have to do your research and make sure it will illicit NO insulin response. NO supplements are to be taken during the fasting period.

What do I eat after I'm done with the 22 hours?:

This is the meal I recommend, as you will get everything you need-
10-15 grams of BCAA's (Labrada's BCAA power is the highest quality) to meet your BCAA needs (the most important amino acids)
A protein shake.
Multivitamin and any other supplements
Before going to bed, you can either have a casein shake, or 5-6 eggs, both will keep amino acids pouring into your muscles far after you've fallen asleep.

After this process is done, resume normal diet regimen the following day. If you wish to do a second day, follow the exact same process another time (again, non-consecutively).

You will get leaner, I can assure you of that. Some people skip cardio altogether, I would recommend HIIT/Tabata training. Either 20 minutes of HIIT or 4 minutes of Tabata. I would do the one you pick to do every day, including during fasts. When you do them is up to you, you'll most likely feel a little tired during fasts, but it isn't anything to be concerned about.

That's about it.

#2 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

are you a doctor

because if so you're INFRINGING ON MY AREA OF EXPERTISE

Edited by Medic, 11 November 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#3 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

No, but I play one on TV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users