Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,256 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

So it's clear that none of us have heard from Torn in a while. I'm 99% sure I know why now.

http://www.legacy.co...ences/170354196

Torn passed in March. His first and last name are connected to his Twitter account, I know he lived in Kansas, his birthday here is identical to that Jordan, the description of being passionate about music and about researching nutrition both fit, and he had a brother named Jordan and a cousin named Brandon (both of which he has mentioned by name here).

I have no idea what happened. I worry that it was related to his depression (and his spiraling depression was why I hunted to see if I could see where he was and ended up finding this), but there's no use speculating. But...that's what happened.

Rest in peace Torn.

#2 Hanz

Hanz

Lizard Man In A Human Suit

• Monster Coach
  • 9,255 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

oh jesus...

I...god...he was the very first friend I ever made online...i just don't even know what to say right now.

I'll throw together an announcement email.

#3 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Holy crap... I'm just shocked. He was always a good friend. I'm at a loss for what to say.

#4 Gerudo

Gerudo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • PSN:Nochy9

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Just seen this on Facebook. Remember speaking with him years and years back from The Forest Haven and on AOL Messenger. Such a shock. He told me about 'Thousand Foot Krutch' a Christian Rock band he liked. Will listen to a few songs in the car on the way home from work today while sparing a thought.

Rest in peace buddy.

Edited by Gerudo, 28 October 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#5 Akuma

Akuma

Network Warrior

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • 3DS:5413-0073-0975
  • Steam:xxshenakumaxx
  • XBox Live:xXShenAkumaXx

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

I am pretty shocked that this happened. He was always informative and seemed like an excellent guy. I didn't know him as much as the rest of you, so my condolences to all of you that knew him.

#6 Presh

Presh

• Founder
  • 93 posts
  • PSN:SteG-DCFC

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

Quite possibly the last thing I expected to see in my e-mail today. I have fond memories of the guy back from the old KG and TFH. Although he was a bit of a trouble causer, he was friendly, intelligent and had a unique personality. I'm sad I never got to say hello again while he was around here.

Rest in peace Torn&Filthy.

Edited by Presh, 28 October 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#7 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

I know I haven't been around in ages but that email was one of the last things I expected to see. Jesus christ, that's beyond awful and I'm in shock.

RIP Torn. I don't even know what else to say to this.

#8 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

I can say without a shred of a doubt that Torn, in his position as moderator on The Forest Haven and here, was one of the first people I legitimately looked up to.

He was a funny, direct and passionate person. I admired his ability to speak authoritatively. He could rouse people together, unite them under a single banner. A tough and invaluable skill to have in the even then sometimes harsh online communities he frequented. He was trustworthy and kind to me even though I was little but a child.

I feel sick thinking that the last important thing we did together was me lecturing him, here, on his behavior. He deserved more. He deserves more.

He accomplished loads despite overwhelming odds outside his control. I just wish I could talk to him about those things again.

#9 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

I never really knew Torn that well personally, but I remember him being a big part of the Forest Haven community for many years. My heartfelt condolences to all who are feeling this loss right now.

#10 Joker

Joker

lol

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

Holy shit. I haven't been here in forever but I saw the email and had to stop by. I remember talking with him on the phone once. He was really cool. Damn. :(

This is Kikiyo btw

Edited by Joker, 28 October 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#11 Moonlightelf

Moonlightelf

Half-drow lady Moonlie for all...

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

...This... oh goddess... I just read the e-mail and... couldn't believe my eyes.

R.I.P. >:

#12 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Wow.

I share your worries, Ego. Torn seemed very troubled in his last years with us, but was so clearly a loving and friendly person behind all the attitude. I feel bad that I wasn't personally able to reach out to him better, but I will miss him dearly.

He was an intelligent and humorous guy, and I am grateful to have known him through both KG and TFH. Many great memories have gone through my mind since hearing the news, I hope wherever he is new he's happy.

Rest peacefully, Torn.

#13 Barry

Barry

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

Very saddened to hear this.  Torn was very active and supportive member of Zelda Central.  Probably the most active, actually.

#14 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • PSN:fissure100
  • XBox Live:fissure100

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Well that sucks.

#15 Blacktail

Blacktail

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

This is sad to hear. I remember being awed by his ten-hundred-bajillion post count on TFH. Him and Wesker used to IM me all the time.

Thanks for posting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users