Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

On the topic of conspiracies (such as Hanz's Happy Mask Salesman Theory) is the subject of Twinrova.

When Kotake and Koume die in OoT, you will notice that they develop Halos. Halos are most commonly associated with angels and Heaven. They also rise up (which, when you're dead, going up means Heaven).

So Kotake and Koume go to Heaven. That means that they're do-gooders. And they serve Ganondorf. Put the Transitive Property to the test:
- Kotake and Koume are good
- Kotake and Koume serve Ganondorf
- Therefore, Ganondorf is good

This leads us to the conclusion that, since Ganondorf is good, Link is evil in stopping him, as are the Sages and Princess Zelda. They're all going to Hell.

Interesting, no?

Now, the subject of the Triforce in conjunction with this:
- The Triforce, if obtained by one with "a righteous heart", will stay together and the land will prosper
- If obtained by one with "evil intentions", the Triforce will split

Now, "evil" is purely subjective. When Ganondorf grabbed the Triforce, he may have been doing it for the good of all people. But the Triforce did split, which could've happened thanks to Rauru (who is, in this scenario, evil). The Goddesses, who made the Triforce, were furious, and the land fell into chaos. Ganondorf had to stay in Dark Hyrule Castle, since anywhere else he went would be too easily accessible by Link, the "Villain of Time".

Why do you think Ganon keeps getting revived? The Goddesses obviously favor him.

Thus, Ganon, the "Great King of Evil" according to the Sages' twisted minds, is actually good, and Link, the "Hero of Time" we all know and love, is evil.

#2 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

Interesting, if not far fetched. Perhaps the entire concept of good and evil is reversed in the goddesses mind. What the Hylians believe is the same as our concept, but somehow this got mixed up and good became evil and vice versa. Perhaps the goddesses are the ones behind everything anyway!

THE PLOT THICKENS!

#3 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Or... you know... as seen in this comic...

http://fc02.devianta...l_NekoYasha.png

#4 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

I dunno... I think "I used to be evil, but I'm good now" is allowed into Heaven more often than "Well, I USED to be good, but now I'm evil. Does that count?"

#5 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Spritaek @ Sep 4 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or... you know... as seen in this comic...

http://fc02.devianta...l_NekoYasha.png

Yeah, LM, two little words that work miracles: Community Service.

Nice work Spritaek.

Now, as for Ganondorf continually returning, it may have been the the Goddesses did have some care for him, and wished for him to see the light, to repent and become the true goodly King of the Desert as he was destined to be at birth. However, it is with the ending of TP that I believe that they finally gave up on him, and simply just let him die.

Personally, from my experiences as DL, I think he just amused them - he was a rather dramatic character, though his organ playing skills left much to be desired.

#6 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Linkmaster30000 @ Sep 4 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno... I think "I used to be evil, but I'm good now" is allowed into Heaven more often than "Well, I USED to be good, but now I'm evil. Does that count?"

I believe you missed this, DP.

#7 Millroots

Millroots

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

i have to completley disagree.
Now i am a huge Zelda fan but i think you are giving too much credit here to the creators.
The probability is slim to none that the reversal of roles of good and evil have happened here.

The halos, while yes being associated with heaven actually mean very little in the context of where they were bing used.
No one knows the hylian religion, let alone the different gerudo or goron or Zora ones ect ect.
Maybe there is no hell only heaven?

Personally i believe it was done as a bit of side comic relief. It is a funny bit of dialouge. That is all. Again i think you are looking for answers that just arent there because the creators didn't put them there! Ganondorf is called evil i believe even in the prolouge of OOT. And again Ganondorf is continually revived because he is a perfect character for Link to battle. He is familiar. People enjoy defeating him and his bad guys. He is a continual Foil. And Often it is not Ganon who is rerturned to Hyrule by the goddesses , but is instead revived by others or breaks free of the darkworld.

Though i love to dig in theory on different aspects of Zelda, to really belive them is funny. You think people sat around and used all this imagery and stuff? Nope. They made a game.

Nice to think about at times though i guess.

#8 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

Personally i believe it was done as a bit of side comic relief.

Exactly...in fact this whole topic wasn't exactly meant to be taken seriously.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users