23 replies to this topic

#16 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

Eh?? I never said I was anti-Nintendo. I'm just sick of them raping their customers up the Bum every time they turn around.

And yeah, I guess I am more pro-Microsoft. Big deal, I'm not saying they don't do the same thing. But the extent to which it happens is less blatant.

#17 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:49 AM

Who said you were anti-Nintendo? I was merely wondering why you think of it as, well, now it's "raping", their customers. ._.

#18 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

I really like new designs myself, but that might be because I actually can afford them. Sure, the Micro was probably released a little too late and may not have been necessary, but other than that I quite like it.

#19 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

Friend Codes are (Insert non-lame word here, SW D:<<<), complete (Insert non-lame word here, SW D:<<<). They are stupid. For an company that is trying to get away from it's "kiddy" image, it sure is hard at doing that when they design their online system and cater to kids so the kids won't get raped and molested by all the pedo's who apparently play their DS's and Wii's online. Woo, a 12 Digit number, If you're adding 5 people to your friend's list, that's atleast 50 numbers you have to put in, thats insane.

I disagree. I have lots of friends in my Pokémon Diamond game, and it wasn't a hassle at all to add the numbers. And they aren't "catering to kids" - they're catering to everyone. I would hardly call the members on this forum kids, and all of us have used them and enjoy the fact that we can play with each other over long distances. Otherwise, we never would've been able to trade and battle with all of our members. Also, I hardly see where pedos get into this.

The xbox had a pretty good size harddrive. The ps3 has a good size one too.

True, but the Wii has the advantage in terms of price, because it doesn't have as big of a hard drive, making it more accessible to people who don't want to dish out $600 for a miraculous machine with no good games. I'd rather have the Wii.

Either way, you're giving ways on which Nintendo has, in your opinion, screwed up in the past 2 years. Your initial claim that Nintendo "always screws up" has a huge leak that spans over 15 years. What about the rest of their legacy? Super Nintendo, for example - what was wrong about that?

Edited by Linkmaster30000, 15 November 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#20 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Since this topic has turned into a "Nintendo hate" thread, and the topic of friend codes has been brought up, here's my opinion on the matter. Take it for what it's worth:

I agree as well that friend codes are a pretty bad idea as well. When you compare it to superior online services like the PSN, LIVE, and even the PSP's online service, it's almost laughable. Honestly, names that are attached to an email account would be better than friend codes, as shown with superior online services by Sony and Microsoft. One of my main complaints about their online service, however, is the lack of a community base with their games. With games on Live and the PSN, you can make friends from the games, add them to your friend roster, and play them later with other potential friends. With the Wii and the DS, however, you cannot make friends directly from the games. In fact, you have no way of finding out the persons friend code in-game, nor can you interact with people who are not on your friend list. With the PS3, 360, and PSP, you have multiple ways to communicate with people (headsets, keyboards) who are not even on your friend list, and you can add people to your friend list in-game, which is not even possible with the way Nintendo has its internet service set up at the time. The only way that you can make friends on the games is if you know someone who has it and plays online, or you join a forum and trade friend codes there. And we all know the horrors of matchmaking from the Wii, DS, and Halo 3, so I'm not going to even get started about why selecting an on-going game is a superior alternative.

Edited by Haku, 15 November 2007 - 03:24 PM.

#21 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

This makes me very glad I didn't just go out and get a Lite...Although I'll just have to wait and see if it's any better.

#22 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

What's wrong with Halo 3 matchmaking?
They added Rocket Race to it, and it's officially the greatest Halo game type ever.

#23 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

Heh... Sylar, start taking notes from Haku if you want to be taken seriously; his argument is far more valid than your "nintendo is gay" argument. Yes, the words you have used in it can easily be boiled down to the words of a 10 year old with a lack of intelligence.

However, I'm not here to stab daggers into anti-nintendo people. In fact, I have something to add myself. I've found the DS Lite to be a pain in the arse to handle. Now, the following is something that an old friend and I discussed, and I've found his argument to be quite true.

If there's anything that Nintendo has lost points on, it's the cumbersome layouts they've had for most of the Gameboys - save for the GC Advanced. I'm certain everyone here has a different opinion on the matter, but when you compare the original Gameboy to the Sega Gamegear (which Advanced may have taken inspiration from), I've found their linear design was harder to handle.

Now, even with the Advanced, there were still complaints from their consumers, saying that it lacked the back lighting. Thus GBA SP came about; unfortunately, they reverted to their awkward linear style with a flip-phone design. In my opinion, I was never truly bothered by the lack of back lighting in any of their previous hand helds. In fact, it promoted me to not play with it when I was supposed to be sleeping, heh.

I have not bought the original DS console, though I'm certain that it handles the same way as the Lite. Though they managed to get back on track with the GBA layout, the inclusion, and seemingly forced touch screen feature makes handling the DS Lite very difficult in tight situations during game play. Trying to work with the stylus while managing other buttons hasn't been always fun for me. Further more, it may be more or less my ADHD, but I often find trying to focus between the two screens almost overwhelming.

Improvements that they could attempt is to meld the two screens together, making the screen larger, and placing the controls onto the folding wings (and make sure that their designed not to close while you're playing, heh - perhaps a strong lock or something). In the end, the DS would be the same size, however there's one larger screen. As for the stylus... making proper use of the available tools, rather than trying to promote the features, would be much better.

#24 Sapphire

Sapphire

Freakazoid!

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

I think anyone is who is picky about a change in looks on anything is stupid. Really. I don't see why anyone would find a new design on the DS a failure.

Anyway, I don' think I'll be upgrading at all. I like my GBA games on the DS. =X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users