• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

http://www.neoseeker...mobile-devices/

This version has the Japanese soundtrack, so you're in luck if you still have Sonic Gems Collection for Gamecube or the original Sonic CD on Sega CD, since those have the US soundtracks (at least for most people here).

Kinda cool. Took them long enough to release a Sega CD game on PSN/XBLA. Maybe this'll mean they'll release the Lunar games or Popful Mail/Snatcher/Vay (which seem to be the top five on several websites besides Sonic CD) on PSN/XBLA.

#2 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

http://blogs.sega.co...ts-at-gamestop/

Sonic CD has outrun its own re-release date to appear exclusively on tablets being sold at GameStop!

Right now, gamers who purchase a tablet, including the Samsung Galaxy, Acer 100 and ASUS Transformer, being sold at 200 GameStop locations and online at www.gamestop.com, will receive a copy of Sonic CD, pre-installed and ready to play today- far ahead of its official launch in December. This exhilarating Sonic game is compatible with the proprietary Bluetooth gaming controller being offered with the tablets.

“After 20 years of working with Sonic the Hedgehog, you would think we have learned how quickly he moves, and how impatient he can get,” said Haruki Satomi, Senior Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “We just could not wait to share the classic look and sound of Sonic CD’s cherished gameplay and characters. GameStop customers will get to be the first to see the efforts that have gone into restoring this title for a new digital generation, and we know they are going to enjoy the results.”

Following the classic story of the original, Sonic CD sees Dr. Eggman planning to cause chaos and take control of the future by stealing Time Stones from Little Planet. Sonic must speed through levels and travel through time while fending off Eggman’s robots to recover the Time Stones, and meet up with the game’s classic friends and enemies.

Sonic CD will be released on all digital platforms, including Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network, iPhone and iPod touch, iPad, Windows PC Digital Download, Android and Windows Phone.

But that’s not all the Sonic CD news we have for you…

Sonic CD: Now with more Tails!

Tails has been added as a special unlockable character for this remade version of Sonic CD! Available from your second playthrough onwards, players will now be able to save Little Planet as Sonic’s high-flying companion, Miles “Tails” Prower!

December, cool. Tails as a playable character this time around is pretty neat, even if he is a whiny kid in modern games.

#3 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hm....The wiki says this will have both the Japanese soundtrack and the US soundtrack. Awesome if true.

Also, Sonic 2 spindash will be in this from the looks of it. Should help out with the Collision Chaos boss area quite a bit, if I remember right.

#4 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Sonic Cd was fun.

#5 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

I never played it

#6 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

You should play it. It's not bad.

#7 Akuma

Akuma

Network Warrior

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • 3DS:5413-0073-0975
  • Steam:xxshenakumaxx
  • XBox Live:xXShenAkumaXx

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

I was one of those kids that never got a sega CD. Apparently everyone else did. Rich bastards. Now I get a chance to play it! In your face!

#8 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

I used an emulator. >:P I never got those lame attachments.

#9 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

http://us.playstatio...nic-cd-ps3.html

So...Wednesday? Awesome if true.

I hope we get the Sonic Generations themes and Sonic CD theme that Europe got too. That'd be awesome.

#10 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

http://www.shacknews...w-psn-next-week

Uh...so...XBLA is tomorrow, yet Sony has the 14th as the release date on their site?

I dunno, I guess this isn't too surprising. I knew Wednesday was a strange day to have it release on PSN, since that updates Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. Still sucks that PS3 users have to wait till next week though. Also disappointed that the Generations themes didn't show up today, but at least the Sonic CD one did.

Edit-Yes, $5 is an absolute steal for this. Many thought it'd be $15.

Edited by Christmas Zombie, 13 December 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#11 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, next Tuesday for PSN users. XBLA got it Wednesday. How they made that mistake is beyond me, unless Europe gets PSN updates on Wednesdays, but that still wouldn't explain it...

#12 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

$5? I'm sold

#13 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

It's out on PSN today.