Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

Since people have varying opinions on each and every Zelda game, I think it would be nice to post them. So... post them!

Legend of Zelda
Being the original, it is obviously held very highly by me. Lots of hidden things, great dungeons, etc. For an NES game, this was awesome. It's also one of the only Zelda games that still provides a challenge for me. I kind of wish that the movement would be smoother, but again, it's an NES game.

Link's Adventure
It stars Link and has Zelda and Ganon, but doesn't feel like a Zelda game. If it were a new series, I think it would've been recieved better. However, with the lack of usable items, this game just isn't up there with the rest of them.

Link to the Past
This game was AWESOME. It's difficult, has a great story, nicely built dungeons, tons of items, and just lots of great stuff.

Link's Awakening
My first Zelda game, and also my favorite. Lots of humor and interesting stuff here. Also the first game to have companions (Bow-Wow, etc.). And it's not in Hyrule, which is kind of nice. The DX version added photos and a new dungeon, both of which were awesome.

Ocarina of Time
Most people like this game the best, and for obvious reasons. The first 3-D Zelda game was very in depth and boasted a new kind of Link - the Adult Link. Also, races other than Hylians were introduced, making the way for future games to have more diversity. The Master Quest was even better, because it gave me more of a challenge than the original.

Majora's Mask
At first, I hated this game because of the 3-Day system. However, it is now one of my favorites. Tons of sidequests and stuff to do. Plus the fact that you could be all of the different races - Goron rolling, Deku flying, and Zora swimming were all great.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons
The most underrated games in the series. Too few people have tried these games, and I think they're some of the best ones out there. With linking availability, there is more to do in this game than most of the others, and they're actually challenging. The ring system was also awesome.

Wind Waker
Not what I was expecting, but still good. The storyline was too short, but there was a lot to be done. I think I would've liked it better if there was less time spent in the boat. The graphics didn't bother me at all.

Four Swords Adventure
This game is one of those that's Zelda, but not. There's a lot of hidden stuff and cool items, but it's too linear. There aren't really any side quests or anything. You got to play with your friends, but I never really did that anyway. Overall, it was fun, but not something I would play a lot.

Minish Cap
This was a fun game. The music was awesome, and the new items were great. It was a bit too short, in my opinion, but it was still great to play and fuse Kinstones.

Twilight Princess
Another great game. I don't think it lived up to all of the hype it was given, but it was a lot of fun and very epic. Just not overly challenging.

Phantom Hourglass
This game was a good jump into the realm of stylus control. It had great islands and dungeons, even if they were a bit easy. The final boss was the most damaging Zelda boss I've played since Zelda II, which is definitely something. I still don't like Linebeck.

Edited by Linkmaster30000, 28 September 2008 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

I haven't played very many... So I'll just list the ones I can really give an opinion on.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons:
Great games, and my first experience with Zelda. The dungeons were unforgivingly hard, though, and I remember sitting there with pages and pages of printed walkthroughs at my side just to get through them. I was also 9 or so years old, so that might have had something to do with it, as well.

Minish Cap:
Very good game. I enjoyed all of it, up to the end (some sort of evil castle, I just stopped playing. I think I still have it...)

Twilight Princess:
Underwhelming. I've only had it for a day or two, but the beginning was incredibly boring. And please, tell me that the camera gets better, because it seems to be absolutely atrocious.

#3 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

Don't worry - everything about that game gets much, much better.

#4 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

Thank god. Everything about the beginning of that game makes me want to go play Mass Effect. >>
My brother has Phantom Hourglass, so I might steal it from him.

#5 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

LoZ
I already knew just about everything about it before I even touched the controller. Watching my dad and my sister play it all the time...so...I started young.

AoL
Gets way too much crap just because it is different. People complain its too hard just because they aren't used to it...I loved it.

ALttP
My favorite game of all time for a reason. By far the best in the series and the first one I ever actually completed. I used to beat this one daily...usually within an hour or so.

LA
I enjoyed it just as much as some of the others...not really much else to say.

OoT
It's damn good, but I really think people like it a bit too much sometimes and overlook the other games.

MM
To me, it completely blew OoT away. I thought the whole mask collecting thing and the bombers notebook were some of the best sidequests in the series. It is my number 2 for a reason...although only 4 dungeons was kind of odd. It wasn't short though...just kind of spread out.

OoA/OoS
Linking between the games was brilliant. I am also glad it reused the successful formula from LA. Don't fix what isn't broken.

TWW
Not sure what else to say besides the fact that I enjoyed myself.

FS/FSA
Way too easy, but very enjoyable games. I don't think multiplayer is the way to go though...keep it to mini games and the like.

MC
A bit short again...but I loved it.

TP
I really think people got their hopes up unreasonably high for this one. Almost to the point where anything realistically possible wouldn't have satisfied them. That is where all the hate seems to come from. I expected exactly what I got from it, and because of that was able to enjoy every last minute of it...despite the beginning being kind of slow.

PH
This was like Wind Waker improved. The game was horribly easy...but man the sailing was about 100x better. Linebeck is the single greatest new character ever...

Edited by Le Chiffre, 27 December 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#6 BLURR

BLURR

Mew is the best pokemon evar!

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

LoZ: It's great that twenty years ago, Zelda games were just as fun and just as challenging as they are today. Ganon was a little too easy, but the trickiness of some of the levels made up for it, preferably the last level.

AoL: Argh, this game is frustrating, I mean, I can see WHY it's a classic, but damn, wtf is with all this leveling up? What is this? Pokémon?

ALttP: My personal favorite. This game just grows on you while you play it. Was also the first game to create an alternate reality that you can transfer to and back from, which is common in most modern day Zeldas.

LA: Never really got a chance to play this game. Well, I got past the first boss, but I guess I just got bored with it. I probably would've enjoyed it when I was younger.

OOT: Ah, a classic. Great storyline and in no doubt, the best way possible for the LoZ to become 3D. Bravo Nintendo.

MM: I enjoy this game just as much as OOT. I do think they were a little more original with this one, bringing on the doom of an apocalypse and giving a deeper and darker storyline than OOT.

OOA & OOS: If Nintendo were to release one of these games without the other, I'd say ptooie! on your GBC games. However, these games worked really nice together. But, I'll admit, both games were fun when you get into them.

WW & FS: Never got a chance to play either games unfortunately.

TP: Wow. I'm a little bit into this game (Arbiter's Grounds or whatever you call it) and this game is phenomenal. I MIGHT like this game better than ALttP. (I'm not so sure yet.)

#7 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

LoZ: Timeless classic...although it isn't my favourite because I just can't get used to the movement and little info on-screen after my first Zelda being OoT.

AoL: I agree that this one got a little too much crap thrown at it then it deserves...but I found it to be a rather frustrating game..as 3 lives and basicly no save points make it kinda pointless to play this for 5 minutes. Plus the extra factor that there is really nothing in the game telling you which way to go...yeah..not my favourite by a long shot.

AlttP: One of the best...and definitly the best 2D Zelda. Great new weapons/items etc. Most has been said.

LA: Haven't played it...but I've seen enough to say that for the time, it was pretty rad I guess.

OoT: Extremely good jump from 2D to 3D, but a bit overrated IMO. My first one. Might add that this wasn't the first game to use lock-on...but every game after this one that used it used this game as a role model, and that says something.

MM: My favourite...although I'm prone to change frequently...this game is the best really. Music = Win.

OoA/OoS: Never played these...uh...they are nice.

TWW: It was good....yeah...The Triforce fetch quest didn't bother me as much as some people.

FSA: I beat this one like 10 times. And it's the only Zelda game at that...don't buy this game if you don't have a GBA...yeah...(I know it was a dumb mistake)

Minish Cap: Didn't like this one as I thought I would...the Minish thing kinda came off as a gimmick...they had to place a Minish converter thing in a boss room...which is kinda surreal since in theory the boss could just smash the damn thing and be unbeatable...it kinda came off as just another thing to change it up 1%.

TP: Overhyped, but still fantastic. I got what I wanted from it.

PH: Easy...freaking easy...but good nonetheless. Nice touchscreen control. Also, Linebeck is the single greatest new Zelda character since Majora HIMSELF. I PRAY TO THE NINTENDO GODS, USE HIM IN THE SEQUEL!

#8 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

LoZ: The granddaddy of the series. While it hasn't aged very well, it's still an enjoyable game and should be played through at least once.

AoL: I've never played it, but I might borrow the GBA version from my brother.

ALttP: Fantastic! One of the best games in the series, if not the best. Lots of stuff to find, and a lengthy, satisfying quest.

LA: I'm working on it right now, but it's been great so far. Challenging, humorous, and a great game overall.

OoT: My first Zelda game, and my favorite by far. Everything screams perfection. I've played through this game 10+ times, not counting the MQ.

MM: One of the only games ever to seriously freak me out. Seriously, that moon is scary! The best side quests ever in the series, and definitely up there with one of my favorites.

OOS/OOA: Two great games that feel similar to LA. Though Ages > Seasons.

WW: It had a lot of wasted potential, especially near the end. Plus, I didn't care too much for some of the dungeons. And sailing sucks. Oh, and it's very easy.

FS/FSA: Boring! Honestly, FSA bored me to tears. FS I've played through once, and it was decent as a bonus game. Out of the games I've played, FSA is the worst.

TMC: I loved this game. A bit short, and a tad too easy, but it was an excellent game, nevertheless.

TP: I loved it! Not my favorite, but it's exactly what I wanted in a new Zelda game. Though I wish it had more side quests.

PH: Way, way WAY too easy! Dungeons are way too short and easy, sailing's better than in the WW, but still fairly dull. However, the touch screen works very well. Definitely the worst handheld game out of the bunch.

Edited by Haku, 05 January 2008 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users