Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

http://www.destructo...en-291005.phtml

I will say it again...what is going on with Konami?

#2 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

I'm not 100% sure yet. Del Toro's people clarified that when he said ti wasn't happening, he was referring to the collaboration with Kojima, which we already knew wasn't happening. Reedus' tweet just refers to an IGN article with Del Toro's tweet, which leads me to suspect that he's in the dark too right now.

It might not be dead, but it might as well be. Without Kojima the game's soul is gone. Sad that they're gonna deprive us of PT's beauty, but not surprising after the Kojima fiasco. Konami needs to speak up about its internal mess, and they need to give us something really good on the horizon or they're dead. Castlevania is the main thing they have left, so they'd better get that right.

#3 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

This is all a ploy by Kojima to put his latest masterpiece up against insurmountable odds.

But when the real Liquid Snake is born by the hands of Sergio Canavero, everybody will know.

#4 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

And now Konami removed itself from the NYSE.

Uh

Holy crap what is happening?

#5 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

That sounded like the company having ridiculous death throes, but the Polygon article actually makes sense - they've been paying 5million dollars per year to stay listed, but only .29% of their trading happens here. Frankly I'm surprised they've stayed here as long as they have!

This is sign off financial struggle, NOT death. SO FAR.

#6 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

Silent Hills is now totally dead though. Publisher-confirmed.

#7 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

In all seriousness, I hope for the CEO's sake that whatever big pull of the wheel he has obviously decided on for the company works out.

Because heaven knows that pachinko, gambling and health clubs/prostitution is a volatile market if there ever was one.

#8 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Well, the wackiness doesn't seem to be over yet! From an odd source (Rooster Teeth) comes intriguing news: Silent Hills might be being sold in its entirety to Microsoft.

According to Rooster Teeth's source, Silent Hills is 80% complete, and Microsoft is trying to purchase the property for "billions" of dollars by E3 this year – where it will officially reveal the game as an Xbox One exclusive. It could reportedly be released as soon as March 2016.
Konami pulled the PT demo for Silent Hills from the PlayStation Store "as a show of good faith to Microsoft," Rooster Teeth said.

In December 2014, Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus, who was supposed to play a major role in the game, said the "heavy" motion capture for Silent Hillshadn't been shot yet.
(source)

This actually makes a lot of sense! After losing Kojima to a variety of drama, Silent Hills wasn't going to work right anymore. Konami's been losing steam for a while now, and selling away a property like this would be very valuable to them. On the flipside, it really makes sense that Microsoft would desperately want Silent Hills - the incredible reaction to PT's amazing craft, channeled into an Xbox One exclusive, would be a huge get for the console as it tries to win back the momentum to equal the PS4 again. And if it's gonna be an exclusive, that would explain why PT was taken down, a decision that would otherwise be completely baffling.
I hope it's true, and if Microsoft can swing Kojima back around to the project too it'd be golden. I bet they really want Kojima too, seeing as him and the MGS series have been a treasure to the Playstation for years.

Edited by Ego, 29 May 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#9 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

Whaaaat....

#10 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

Aw, nope. Rumor quashed. Silent Hills remains dead.

#11 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Junji Ito was working on this.

I don't even like Silent Hill but man that would have been outstanding. 

#12 Presh

Presh

• Founder
  • 93 posts
  • PSN:SteG-DCFC

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

Why did I just google that name...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users