• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#16 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

See, the thing is while an ubered opponent would be able to take it out, the team would be able to intercept them on the way out. That's what I've began to appreciate about the map- you have to go in deep to get the intelligence. That has many dangers, as you would know.

Having a dedicated anyone may be taxing if your team doesn't want to cooperate, which is why I count on you/X/Sanders/etc. I do ask though.

I don't have the dispenser inside of the intel room because 1) the locker's right down the hall and 2) a 100 metal pack is right outside. Personally, having to go get additional metal isn't a big deal, but I hear your worries. I'm almost never away from the area unless it was like today, where literally everyone was battling in the water/sewers/entryways. Spies couldn't get by because it was such a huge battle, so Sanders and I went out and joined the pandemonium. But yes, standing by near your sentry = critical.

The additional part you added goes without saying for me :D I can't stay down there forever after all, so I use my teleporters to get around and sniff to make sure everything's chill.

#17 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

Today I played a few rounds on an Orange map until the players started using their mics in immature and explicit ways. At about that time, Slayer asked me to to a one-on-one with him. For me, it was pretty boring, but hey. At least it made him happy. Afterward, my internet started acting up.

Not much else happened.

A rather humorous situation on the orange map was when I was a Sniper, some people were doing laps around the tower on the outer path, so I would pickemoff and get silly results from the people I shot. I scored lots that day.

Edited by Pvt. Sprit, 12 October 2008 - 01:22 AM.

#18 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

Meh, I tend to prefer one-on-one to a hugeass game. Less lag, less confusion, more skill.

And that match on gravelpit was intense I tell ya. Best match I've played, I think, save for one game on a relatively low-latency Orange map with Deep once.

#19 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

Maaaaan isn't Gravelpit a PL map?

#20 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

Any game you play with the 281st is almost guaranteed to be epic. Take today's game for example - we were up against hackers, and still kicked them to the curb. We had X, Sgt. Sonders, and myself working together with an awesome team on the Couch Online. 2Fort is a brutal map. According to our other team members, they had spotted several aim-bots floating about on Blu, as well as some fishy Sentry guns. Regardless of this, we beat them with a final score of 2-5.

I think the best moment I had was making a medic flip head over heels after he jumped into the air.

Awesome work guys.

#21 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:25 AM

F-cking NICE man. That's awesome.

And it reminds me, I really need to get into a game with more than one of you guys sometime XD.gif

EDIT: Oh wait, I did that once, when I was 1vs1ing with a friend and Fire Trucking Sabby and Haku and someone all piled on the server and shot my ping over a thousand. Yeah that sucked.

Edited by Roger, 16 October 2008 - 02:26 AM.

#22 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

That's what friends are for! ;D

edit:

Couch Online might not be a good server to play on anymore. Sure, the guys are awesome and have the most inspiring conversations; however the lag there is terrible. For the first time in my TF2 gaming experience, I've found myself lagging so badly that I've almost cloned myself by walking.

I have a feeling it's that bad due to the Server's settings.

Edited by Cpt. Deep, 16 October 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#23 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

Played on the Couch Online tonight; the game ended with disappointment. Despite our awesome defense and wonderful offense, our 4-1 lead wasn't enough to achieve victory when the time ran out. The game ended in a stalemate.

Regardless, we had an awesome team working with us.

#24 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

I didn't have the time to play a round 'till its end, but it was fun albeit frustrating.

We were almost always cornered to our final two CPs on Orange X3, and if we managed by some stroke of luck [me and another spy wooo] to take down enough of their defenses then people would cap the point only to have it taken away again because of the lack of dedicated people [and a seeming lack of fighting spirit]; if the opposing team clinched our number 2, then our sheer number of engineers [at one point during a rush, there were 5, and scarily enough four of them were level 3] would be able to hold the ubers off then our mixed offensive of pyros and heavies would lay waste to whomever dared to come and then a few moments later we'd take our number 2 again.

Classic example of people not cooperating. Me and this guy were Spies, and we were getting busy with the opposing team's engineers [which were like 3 or 4] because they were setting up camp all over the place. If we weren't doing that, we were taking out Snipers so our team wouldn't have been hampered so much [and luckily there was a respawn time or else laying waste to those snipers would've been in vain]. No one who was engineer wanted to stop being engineer, the one sniper slot was taken by a Hey, that kangaroo just took my ball. sniper who didn't want to give up his spot, and the two spies who would coordinate stuff [me and the other guy] got hammered down almost every time we stepped out because the engies clumped in groups and had one or two dedicated pyros.

It was fun messing with them though. I sneaked into their spawn locker a few times to take out their teleporters.

Speaking of which, those who have played on the orange maps- what's your opinion of entering the spawn room in order to take out teleporters? Personally, I have an honor code thing- go on in and zap the teles, then get out- no killing on your behalf. It's another thing when Engies, Scouts, and other things start making their way in imo.

#25 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

For me, it's black and white. Unless the entrance is sitting right on the ledge of the spawn room, I deem it inappropriate to sap Teleporter entrances that are inside of that room. So long as you never set foot in the enemy spawn room, it's fair game. Therefore, if you can shoot it from outside, then by all means; go right ahead.

Anyways, that sounded like a harsh match there mate. It is rather irritating how many players seem to not even care about the fact that the title of the game is "Team Fortress 2" and not "Me Fortress 2".

Edited by Cpt. Deep, 20 October 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#26 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Today's match, we kicked the other guys to the curb twice over. While playing, there was a trouble amongst the enemy ranks... both of their Engineers (Couch Online) were spamming the microphones, spamming the chat, and apparently setting their gear up improperly. This troublesome issue made me wonder if winning that match meant anything when there was an unfair disadvantage for the opposing team.

Sure, it could mean more wins on your belt, but at the same time... it seems like a dishonorable victory.

What say the rest of you?

#27 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Unfair victory. Don't notch it under your belt when anyone could have won it.

#28 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

...why is it that I'm irresistible to girls EVEN IN TF2?

I was playing a few rounds on Orange X3 until a female player liked my accent so much, she demanded I talk in the mic more. I changed servers, and she apparently ended up in the same server as I did, so I changed again...and again... SHE STALKED ME! GAAHH...

Before this incident, I played real well despite my sprained ankle which hurt like heck. For the first time I was on top of the scoreboards (on a team of 6) doing pickemoffs as a Sniper. It was lots of fun. =D

#29 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

haha, maybe you should be taking that as a positive thing mate. I think you have an official fan girl.

#30 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

I despise hackers and glitch exploiters. However, above all, I hate spammers with a burning passion.

Today, I hopped onto the couch online, and was presented with a one sided battle in 2Fort. Our team was legit, as far as I could tell. However, the enemy team was once again identified having illegal players.

The usual was running amok... aim bots... constant crits (or he was a very lucky jerk)... and then came the Third Engie. As most of you who have played on this server may know, you may only have two engies at a time, unless you exploit a glitch in the map. They were taking advantage of this by having two SGs on the bridge, and leaving the third in their base.

What really killed it for me, however, was this guy named CowTipper. He came on and started spamming the microphone. Even though he was immediately muted, his spamming choked the server, and disconnected me. It's people like him where I want to know who he is, where he lives, and how accessible his Fire Trucking intestines are so I can pull them out of his bum and feed them to him.

What infuriates me about these people is that if you quit, they win. They win at ruining the game.

===

That aside:
I spent the day working on making a TF2 map... it's rather plain and basic, but it works perfectly as a base for future improvements, and learning how to make maps.
One Point

Just copy it into your map folder for TF2 and make a server to play it on to take a look. Sprit and I are still hunting for a server to put it on to try it out.

Edited by Cpt. Deep, 26 October 2008 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users