Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

Serebii has a picture of Shaymin's possible Sky Form up. It is unknown if it is legit yet, as it's just a drawn picture, so it could completely be a hoax, but more info will be presented as time goes on.

In my opinion, it looks like an evolved version of Shaymin, which would be pretty interesting.

#17 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:29 AM

Serebii just posted it is actually a fake, which is a shame because I rather liked the design. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer for the second form.

#18 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Platinum is just fine...but what I really want is a Gold/Silver remake.

#19 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

http://bulbapedia.bu..._Silver_remakes

This has a lot of speculation about GS remakes. It doesn't have any solid evidence, unless you count the screenshots that may or may not be real.

#20 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

/* In response to this topic, no one in general */

void DP::DP.rant(char* topic){

printf("... But... why? Honestly, why?!

Why are people still spending money on the "newer" Pokémon games, when they've been the exact same game remade several times over with less creative creatures produced? I stopped buying Pokémon games when I got my silver version for that reason.

I'm not flaming you guys about this... I'm just terribly perplexed...

If the word was not run by money... I wonder if Nintendo would have looked into "plug-in" technology for this series, where they could expand the original product with down loadable packages.");

return;
}

#21 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

Actually, it's more the new innovations. Kind of like a computer. New models come out every year or so, with new things you can do and faster internet and fancy wireless mice or whatever. But people keep buying them, even though their old ones still work. Why? Because there are improvements. And there's new stuff. For instance, in the newest Pokémon games:
- You can hatch eggs faster
- You can see when you have a new egg at the breeding center
- You have a watch with over 20 features
- You can use new kinds of Pokeballs to catch stuff
- You can do contests
- You can battle/trade with anybody in the world
- They finally differentiated physical and special attacks within each type (so that "Bite" is Physical, even though it's Dark)

And there's more that I've probably forgotten. There are new type combinations, new Pokémon, a new storyline (which is good for those of us bored with playing Blue over and over again), better graphics and sound, and a more organized backpack system. I like a lot of the new Pokémon.

I personally believe that all of the things in these newest games are improvements on the old ones. By showing these things to one of my friends, she is now itching to buy Platinum.

I think playing them might help, too.
Wink.gif

#22 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

The first "scans" from CoroCoro have arrived and it confirms Shaymin's Sky Forme as well as provides smaller stuff regarding Platinum. At the moment the scans are way too small to get any info or decent pictures from, however there will be more scans in the coming week. However, it does seem to hint that the RS Regis are now obtainable within Platinum.
The blue skY blog has managed to get some further information from the scans despite the size. Aside from the Regis noted above (which can only be obtained with Movie Regigigas it seems, it is unknown if this will change outside of Japan), there are two new characters to be input in the game, their names and purpose are not yet known. There's a new area called the Torn World, and Shaymin's Sky Forme is Grass/Flying and weighs in at 0.4m and 5.4kg. We'll bring more as bigger scans arrive. Below are the scans

Says Serebii

#23 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Shaymin flying-form doesn't look cute anymore. It makes me a sad panda.

#24 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Dark Phantom @ May 25 2008, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/* In response to this topic, no one in general */

void DP::DP.rant(char* topic){

printf("... But... why? Honestly, why?!

Why are people still spending money on the "newer" Pokémon games, when they've been the exact same game remade several times over with less creative creatures produced? I stopped buying Pokémon games when I got my silver version for that reason.

I'm not flaming you guys about this... I'm just terribly perplexed...

If the word was not run by money... I wonder if Nintendo would have looked into "plug-in" technology for this series, where they could expand the original product with down loadable packages.");

return;
}

"printf"? What language are you written in?

#25 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

I'm largely with DP here... The only real difference I've seen in the later games has been the "natures", and those just seem tedious and time-consuming to get the one that you want. From my perspective, Pokémon has gone the way of the Dynasty Warriors, it's just that new ones aren't released as often. The original Pokémon formula is solid, but it could really use some radical changes after 10 years.

#26 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

It's the same with most series. If you look at Zelda, for instance, you have a sword and shield. You run around fighting stuff, get more items, beat bosses, save species (and the world), and save the princess from some big bad guy. In many games, there are 3 dungeons, then something changes, and then you go through 7-8 dungeons to get to the final boss. And when they tried changing things up (Four Swords Adventure, mostly), it didn't sell as well because it wasn't like the other ones.

So Nintendo is giving us what the general public wants. It's kinda sad, but that's what it is.

If you want really different, play Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. Diamond/Pearl follows the same basic idea of getting a Fire/Grass/Water starter, then defeating 8 Gyms, bashing an evil group, beating the Elite Four, and then catching all of them and raising your Pokémon. This doesn't mean there aren't any innovations - far from it (as shown in my previous post) - it's just not completely changing it all. At least the story isn't the same in every single game (which is Dynasty Warriors).

Edited by Dr. McNinja, 10 June 2008 - 02:39 PM.

#27 Sabrage

Sabrage

Fresh Prince of Dead Air

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  • XBox Live:Sabrage

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

Well, I've already made my statements about Zelda, and I pretty much think that needs to be changed too. But Zelda has a lot more innovation than Pokémon does, and they've made the jump from 2D to 3D with total success.

I want to see innovation on the scale of Half-Life. They made the first game, and then completely changed the story and added one of the greatest weapons in any game ever, while still staying true to the FPS roots. Pokémon just hasn't done anything to mix up the actual gameplay; instead they've just slowly added things like a day/night system and things like that. I tried playing Diamond, and it started out and played exactly the same as all the old games, and I pretty much got bored of it immediately. On the other hand, Phantom Hourglass doesn't really play like any other Zelda game at all, because of the touch screen controls. Sure, it's a bit gimmicky, but at least they did something new.

#28 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

It added WiFi support and changed the definitions of physical attacks and special attacks. That's enough for me.

#29 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

News Update concerning Platinum:
- Shaymin will only be Sky Forme in Platinum. Once it transfers to Diamond/Pearl, it will convert to Land Forme, and vice versa.
- The Torn World utilizes the 3-D Engine and has a 3-D isometric view (there you go, Sabs).
- There are a lot more areas to explore in Sinnoh.

Also, bigger scans on Serebii, so check 'em out.

EDIT: Also, more pictures.

Edited by Dr. McNinja, 11 June 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#30 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

http://www.serebii.n...m/shaymin.shtml

New Shaymin info. Transforming is not automatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users