Photo

Shoes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Shoes

Do you wear shoes indoors?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Apparently this is a thing I have been seeing...why would you ever wear them indoors?

#2 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

My wife does sometimes. Sometimes, she forgets to take them off (I don't know how this happens). Other times, her feet are cold and she can't find her slippers. Still other times, she forgets to wear socks (I don't know how this happens, either) and if we're visiting someone else, she's embarrassed to have bare feet in their house (long story involving one of her ex-boyfriends with this one).

The only other thing I can think of is if everyone else still has shoes on (or if there's dog hair everywhere and you don't want it on your socks). That's all I've got.

#3 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

I enjoy taking them off. Also helps keep your floor clean from the crap you gather on your soles when walking outside. Since the majority of our house has stone flooring, I usually wear slippers. Honestly, I wish every house had a little area to put your shoes away right after you enter the door like you see with some houses. If everyone just wears socks, cleaning becomes much less of a hassle.

But sadly I am in the minority. And it sucks, because if I'm the only one willing to take off my shoes I'm forced to wear something with soles, otherwise my socks/feet get dirty constantly.

Also not really a fan of barefoot myself.

#4 Presh

Presh

• Founder
  • 93 posts
  • PSN:SteG-DCFC

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

Shoes off. I just don't feel comfortable wearing shoes indoors.

#5 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

I take 'em off usually. Always if they have carpet. Sometimes I won't if there's animal hair or dirt/debris around, or if it's really cold, but mostly I stick to socks.

#6 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

This topic of conversation actually came up today with a coworker. He always wears shoes indoors, but he married a Vietnamese woman, so now he has special "indoor shoes". He'll still take them off if they have guests, though.

#7 Vaati2

Vaati2

The New Kid

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • PSN:Fishy Finale
  • XBox Live:Fishy Finale

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Definitely shoes off, I can't even bring myself to wear socks when necessary. Mind you I'm hyper-hygenic about my feet to make up for any odor or anything that could happen. But I can't stand the idea of wearing shoes inside <.< Its bizarre. I actually get very angry when someone leaves there shoes on in my house for extended periods of time. It makes the floor dirty, and they track junk everywhere, and people like to put their feet up on furniture. Ugh.

#8 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Definitely shoes off, I can't even bring myself to wear socks when necessary. Mind you I'm hyper-hygenic about my feet to make up for any odor or anything that could happen. But I can't stand the idea of wearing shoes inside <.< Its bizarre. I actually get very angry when someone leaves there shoes on in my house for extended periods of time. It makes the floor dirty, and they track junk everywhere, and people like to put their feet up on furniture. Ugh.

Ugh, that is some of the worst. One time I remember somebody doing that with their shoes on after running around in dirt outside and I could see the grains of dirt and other crap fall onto the table.

There are few things that make me actually literally cringe (the sound of rubbing polystyrene being another one of them for example) but that came really close.

#9 (Insert)

(Insert)

Dr McCaptain Brackets

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

There have been a few times where I've kept shoes on indoors. Mostly due to a quick visit or drop in and there being no need for such a hassle. I can't tell if it's because I lived in Japan in my early life or simply because I don't want to track dirt into the house, but I take them off. It only makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users