Photo

The KG Box

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Poll: Read the post first

Would you be interested?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If yes / undecided: What operating system(s) are you running?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If this is implemented with Java, are you willing to install the Java Virtiual Machine?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#211 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

Alrighty, now for the long awaited news:

A beta uploader has been developed. That said, it's a bit tricky to use at the moment, however it is there.

For those of you who are uploading images and other files into the archives, take note of Exhibit "1".
You series are now indexed by numbers - the circled number in the address bar is the ID of the series that the page is being added to. Therefore, the format to link your uploaded content is as follows:

seriesID/pagenumber/name of file.extension

Until I implement a more friendlier interface, you'll have to keep note of the number of the new page being made (1+ the current number of pages in that series).

For those of you that are submitting content with text only, copy and paste your content into the layout text area and hit next when ready. You will get a message that says "files not uploaded" in the results, but that's fine - you weren't uploading anything to start with =P
---

Keep in mind, this uploader is still in beta mode, therefore it's a "use at your own risk". You may access the uploader through the "edit" link in the Author control panel.

Things to note:
- The "+" button is what opens the above window.
- If you are uploading pictures, you MUST link the image before clicking "Next", or you'll have to wait until the editor comes online.
- Alternatively, you can flip the bird at the uploader and hotlink the images from photobucket or image shack for the time being.
- The editor will be available soon. In case you get curious, the little button with the paper is the button that will open the editor.
- The comments placed in the comments field are recorded and stored. You just can't see them on the pages yet (not yet implemented).
- Same deal with the title (though you can see it on the list).
- Not sure if the "is visible" option works correctly yet. This option will make the page invisible indefinitely until you turn it back on.
- A delete button will be added soon.
- Sometime tomorrow, I will pop all of the accounts into the testing series as collaborators - just so you can see what all this jibber jabber on collaboration is.

- You can see the results of the above image here.
----

Good night!

#212 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Alrighty, so, as promised, the editing tool is now available, and I have granted everyone access to the testing series to play with.

Going through the database, I noticed that Ego attempted to update his Random Pixels section. Nice Try mate, however the reason your link was broken was because you put the wrong series ID into the url. I have fixed your linkage issue and deleted the duplicate page you left. I would advise checking over that page with the editor to see what I did.
Read my latest message for more info

--
While submitting that message I found a new problem... apparently the sql script fails when it comes across " "'s in the body of the message. To counter this issue, please append a \ before all of your quotation marks, or simply never quote anyone in your news posts until this issue its resolved. =P

A very tired DP,
over and out.

#213 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Why thank youfor fixing it. I didn't understand at first, but I thought I had it on the second shot. I was gonna fix up the duplicate once we could edit.
Thanks.

#214 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

Meh, it's alright. The KG box is no where near as user friendly as sites like Deviant Art, however we're still trying to get to that level. The fact that you continue to make use of the site gives me warm fuzzy feelings all over too.

---

Speaking of user friendliness, I have recently installed a basic editor for your series. At the moment the only really important component missing is the icon uploader, but that can wait for the time being. I'll try to get the "create new series" button on the site really soon.

#215 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

KG DAY '09

With the celebration of the newly completed site (minus some missing features, for the time being) I do believe that this is a grand time to unveil the next KG BOX CONTEST! On April 14, KG will be celebrating its fifth Annual KG Day! Therefore, the KG Box shall host a contest as part of the festivities of this special day!

This time around, there will be two separate categories for submissions:
- submissions for judgement
--> These submissions will be judged by the Panel and may receive an award.

- submissions for exhibition
--> These submissions do not have to follow the criterion / theme mentioned below, they are for show, and will not be judged.

The same rules as per the previous contests still apply:

- must not be inappropriate and must adhere to the applicable content related rules for KG.
- submissions sent after the due date will not be applicable for judgment.

The Criteria/Theme:
- Content submitted for judgment must have some relation to KG's:
--> history
--> culture
--> members
--> other (suggestions can be made)

The Panel:
As per the norm, the KG Box will require three members to join the judge panel. Due to the nature of the judge, members applying for this position can not submit anything for the contest (though they can still submit something for exhibition). If anyone wishes to participate in the Panel, please send in your "application" before April 11th. Judgment will commence between the Sunday (12) and Monday (13) of April.

Other notes:
If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me, or simply tack them into this topic.

submission date is April 12th.

Edit: New Feature! The "Create a new series" button is now available and fully functional.

Edited by Madarame, 01 March 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#216 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Just a little bump, hoping people remembered this.

While it is uncertain at the moment, the KG Box may be folded very soon. While not to ruin the surprise, there is something very exciting going on back stage that may revolutionize this board's art forum. This exciting thing will be replacing the KG Box - however a release date is yet to be determined.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users