Photo

Official Wii U Thread

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Haku

Haku

If there were to be two omniscience's, I would be both!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • 3DS:0087-2309-5973
  • PSN:SomaCruz89
  • Steam:SomaCruz89
  • XBox Live:RoboFrogMage

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Since we don't have a dedicated thread to the Wii U, I thought I would start one. However, I'm running a little short on time, so I'll keep this thread brief, while adding some early impressions I wrote for the Wii U a few days ago.

"(Regarding the system update) The system update was as bad as everyone said it was. 40 minutes of downloading on a relatively fast connection, plus a 20 minute install.

The Wii U game pad is very light. I haven't had any discomfort playing New Super Mario Bros. U, though Nintendo Land is an entirely different story.

Overscan is problematic with my TV, which doesn't have an auto fit option. What's funny is you can actually adjust the borders on your TV on Miiverse, but you can't on any other applications. What the hell, Nintendo?! Patch this, ASAP!

Miiverse is actually really cool. I'm having a lot of fun posting messages, "yeahing" comments, following people, etc. I hope they will add a Wii U channel group for discussing the Wii U system, hardware, OS, etc, in the future.

Load times are slow, yes. But I haven't had any 30 second load times like some users have been saying. The most it's been for me is 10-15 seconds. However, it's between 5-10 seconds most of the time.

I really wish you had the option of turning off the game pad screen when you're primarily playing on the TV. It ould save the battery life tremendously, which is about the same as a 3DS of PS Vita (AKA, not good at all). You can turn the screen off, yes, but as soon as you begin using the game pad, it automatically turns back on. I usually keep my screen at the lowest brightness when primarily playing on a TV.

I already knew that there would be no multitouch, but after using it for awhile, I was really starting to miss it, especially when using the internet browser. The single touch zoom isn't terrible, but I would have preferred a capacitive touch screen with no stylus over a resistive touch screen with the option for both.

Gamewise, New Super Mario Bros. U is pretty fun. Yes, it's more of the same, but it's good at what it does. I haven't spent as much time with Nintendo Land, so I can't comment too much. I will say that some of the minigames are boring with one player. I'll try it later when I have friends over to see how it fares in a party environment. The same goes for New Super Mario Bros. U."

Since then, I've played Nintendo Land quite a bit. It's OK with friends, but it's so boring with only one player. Why the game didn't include online multiplayer, I'll never know.

I also finished up New Super Mario Bros. U. While not original, it's a really fun game. Some levels were better than others, however. Multiplayer is good. 2 players is actually preferred, while any more than that it's nearly impossible to play. Some levels are almost impossible to play with more than one person.

Anyway, that's all I have time to write. My gamertag is 'RoboFrogMage,' so add me if you have a Wii U. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Edited by Haku, 10 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#2 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Full HD, fuck yeah. Though these early games are just 720p.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users