Photo

The KG Box

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Poll: Read the post first

Would you be interested?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If yes / undecided: What operating system(s) are you running?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If this is implemented with Java, are you willing to install the Java Virtiual Machine?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • PSN:Gokiburi-sama

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Hey, since I'm back, I'm curious... How's this coming along, Deep?

#32 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

Deep, you say. Misco, it's a community effort!

Things are coming along well. We've recently joined up with quite a few artists, and are looking for more!

#33 Triforce+

Triforce+

When I was your age, I was catching Pokemon, not STIs

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

Oh, by the way, my artist is doing the art for Face, so Face will definitely be in the KG Box with the pictures. happy.gif

#34 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Awesome news! Thank him for us, will you? :D

#35 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

At the moment, I have to go and purchase the domain name, and renew my domain subscription with APIS. After that's taken cared of, Phaeon and I will go on ahead and develop the web site. We'll post up the prototype designs around then, and would very much prefer community input on the matter, at that time.

#36 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Charlie Bartlett @ Aug 12 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deep, you say. Misco, it's a community effort!

Things are coming along well. We've recently joined up with quite a few artists, and are looking for more!

... My logic was this: It was his idea, therefore, he'd know most of what was going on.

Glad to hear stuff is going well. Is there a way to apply or am I already in? (... So... Confused...)

#37 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Well, what would you like to submit?

We're currently accepting:

• Music
  • Literary Works
  • Graphics, including sigs, avatars, and wallpapers
  • Artwork
  • Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

The sky's the limit!

#38 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

With me, it's most likely gonna be graphics with the occasional piece of artwork thrown in here and there.

#39 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

If Jordan's okay with it, and when we actually get some sh!t recorded (Read: I've been saying that last part for close to a year now.), I would be more than happy to release some Dry Ice music on The KG Box.

I would release some of my art and/or graphics, but ZF's already pointed out to me what a load of crap anything I draw or design is, so I probably shouldn't force you to put up with it eh?

#40 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

... Yeah, now that the staff at dA are being Wretched hive of scum and villainys and deleting my stuff for no reason, you're gonna get everything I make.

Congratulations, The KG Box will be my sole way of getting my stuff out there until I find an art site with staff that aren't assmonkeys.

#41 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Not A Tree @ Aug 13 2008, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Jordan's okay with it, and when we actually get some sh!t recorded (Read: I've been saying that last part for close to a year now.), I would be more than happy to release some Dry Ice music on The KG Box.

I would release some of my art and/or graphics, but ZF's already pointed out to me what a load of crap anything I draw or design is, so I probably shouldn't force you to put up with it eh?

@Slayer:
Well, first, while it isn't my job here, Slayer, don't evade the filters. At first, I thought that was the title of your work, which would have been amusing.

Second, we're not going to make this an "elitist" tool. What I mean by this is that if you put an honest amount of effort into your work, then I will be more than happy to host it. On that note, I should point out that, though not a major concern at the moment, I will reserve the right to clean out any incomplete content after a period of inactivity. This will be explained in further detail as soon as I can draft up a ToS for the Box, and I will put this ToS on display for everyone's perusal. Should any disagreements or suggestions arise, I will lend the concerned party an ear and take their argument into consideration.

@Misco:

Is there a reason that they keep removing your content? I find this very concerning since DA hosts many inappropriate images that claim to be "artistic nudes", and are not removed. As you can see from this statement, I find it very odd that they would remove your content.

#42 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Er... I wasn't trying to evade the filters. Sorry o_O;;

It's not that it's incomplete or anything, it's just that people don't like it. I don't want to host my art on a service designed for people who dislike it.

#43 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Dark Phantom @ Aug 13 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Misco:

Is there a reason that they keep removing your content? I find this very concerning since DA hosts many inappropriate images that claim to be "artistic nudes", and are not removed. As you can see from this statement, I find it very odd that they would remove your content.

I can tell you without a doubt there's absolutely nothing objectionable in any of my work. Ask him *points at Slayer*, he's seen every single one of them.

It's mostly video game art, oddly enough... Because of that, I have a feeling somebody's been stealing my work and claiming it as theirs, and then reported me.

EDIT: So I got a response, and they said that "video game screenshots, celebrity photographs and video game sprites" are offlimits.

NONE OF MY STUFF HAD VIDEO GAME SCREENSHOTS, CELEBRITY PHOTOGRAPHS OR SPRITES.

Screw this, I'm going to SheezyArt (if only because I don't know of any other sites).

Edited by GameMisconduct29, 13 August 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#44 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Uh, your wallpapers which feature official art?

Yeah, that's copyright infringement.

DA is a site that allows you to publish your own content, so anything you submit comes with a tag that says "I MADE THIS." No matter how much you say "oh yeah I don't Raphael/Urahara/anything" it doesn't remove the fact that it's under your copyright, which is illegal/off limits.

Now at the KG Box, we're not giving you a copyright, we're just saying you put this stuff together to make things nice, and you wish to share it with everyone.

#45 Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Charlie Bartlett @ Aug 13 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, your wallpapers which feature official art?

Yeah, that's copyright infringement.

DA is a site that allows you to publish your own content, so anything you submit comes with a tag that says "I MADE THIS." No matter how much you say "oh yeah I don't Raphael/Urahara/anything" it doesn't remove the fact that it's under your copyright, which is illegal/off limits.

Now at the KG Box, we're not giving you a copyright, we're just saying you put this stuff together to make things nice, and you wish to share it with everyone.

Thank you for clarifiying that, because the assmonkeys at dA weren't doing a very good job.

I just don't get why all my friends' stuff has stayed up. Either way, I'm gone, so it's not like it matters anymore.

I'm really, REALLY looking forward to the Box getting started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users