• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

Also @ZF: bugger off. You can make the mature assumption of me saying "girls, she, her" as "boys, he, his". Do you honestly think I care what anyone's sexual preference is? I say "girls, she, her" because that's what Cacturn is talking about.

My humor doesn't translate well into text.
In any case, you've got to learn how to word your stuff so you don't sound like you're a dick all the time. :I

#17 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

Being lonely, surprisingly, is actually something by choice. It took me a while to figure that out, while my friends and family kept trying to show me how I'm not actually alone - because I had them.

The only way you can truly be alone is if you're either the last damn person on the planet, or if you choose to be alone and ignore/push away the people around you. Sometimes, you just need a dick like me to penetrate that thick cloud that's obscuring your vision.

So you honestly think that feeling alone and alienated is completely someone's choice? No, no one is ever actually alone but you can sure as hell feel like you are. No matter what, there are going to be people who have legitimate problems with loneliness, depression, things like that, who aren't going to be comforted by the fact that they have family. Family doesn't always get it. And I know the whole personal fable of adolescence is BS, the whole "no one gets me!" but that's not what I'm talking about.

And sometimes the whole dick-penetrating-clouds route isn't the best to take. Empathy works just as well. I don't give a Fire Truck who you are, you've felt lonely. Everyone has, everyone will, even though you're never, by definition, "alone". Hell, I felt lonely when I had a girlfriend, so unfortunately for people who think that'll solve the problem, it won't necessarily.

#18 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

My humor doesn't translate well into text.
In any case, you've got to learn how to word your stuff so you don't sound like you're a dick all the time. :I

Likewise to you too.

Edited by Cpt Axle, 11 February 2010 - 02:14 AM.

#19 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:18 AM

Well, hey now, I'm not the one patronizing most guys and calling loneliness a choice. :\

Edited by Montauk, 11 February 2010 - 02:18 AM.

#20 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:30 AM

You know, I agree with Frau that there are some people out there that have a *real* disability.

For the rest of them, it really is a choice - just as it was for me.

Edited by Cpt Axle, 11 February 2010 - 03:23 AM.

#21 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:34 AM

Then don't condescend on people who choose to think cock-first. It's our choice to live life that way.

#22 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

where's donut to call some [member]x[member] when you need him.

and yes this is the second time we've referred to donut in this thread DONUT WE ARE YEARNING FOR YOU.

#23 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:25 AM

Condescend? Pfft, after recent events, I often wonder why people choose to live that way!

(plus, there was a typo in my previous post)

#24 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

Condescend? Pfft, after recent events, I often wonder why people choose to live that way!

To put it bluntly, sex feels real nice. :D
But there's an area we shouldn't venture to on the forums.
UNLESS DONUT WANTS TO HEAR!

#25 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

Plus, I can 'multitask,' if you will. I've still got a 4.1 GPA, a regular painting regimen, and a growing interest in art history.

#26 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:30 AM

I fail to see how muti-tasking fits into this. Plus, I agree that it feels nice; however, it also has the power to really mess with the head on your shoulders too.

#27 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

I mean, if it's an actual person that died or something, like MLK day or something, go right ahead. I guess what I'm saying is don't make some holiday ripoff simply to force people to spend money.

Someone did die. Feburary 14th is the anniversary of the burial of a martyred saint, supposedly. I say supposedly because there's an assload of saints, assload of Catholic traditions, and it's no longer even noted on Catholic calendars, because the church doesn't actually know squat about Saint Valentine.

St. Valentine's Day sucks because it's another marketing ploy masked as some cultural tradition. It amuses me the amount of anti-Catholics that I know that still acknowledge and celebrate "Valentine's Day." Talk about push overs.

#28 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Being lonely, surprisingly, is actually something by choice. It took me a while to figure that out, while my friends and family kept trying to show me how I'm not actually alone - because I had them.

The only way you can truly be alone is if you're either the last damn person on the planet, or if you choose to be alone and ignore/push away the people around you. Sometimes, you just need a dick like me to penetrate that thick cloud that's obscuring your vision.

Edit:

Additionally, regarding the "education" bit, the idea behind that was not to say "you're not doing your school work", the idea was more "take back the energy you're wasting on this, and put it into something more constructive".

Also @ZF: bugger off. You can make the mature assumption of me saying "girls, she, her" as "boys, he, his". Do you honestly think I care what anyone's sexual preference is? I say "girls, she, her" because that's what Cacturn is talking about.

oops ninja'd...really long ago

uh yeah

Edited by Cacturne, 11 February 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#29 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

I tend to enjoy Valentine's day by picking up little gifts for my friends. You don't really have to be lovers to participate.

Of course, saying that only confirms my own participation in the whole "marketed holiday" issue. Quite frankly, I really don't care about that anymore... it just seems much nicer to make someone feel a little more special.

Edited by Cpt Axle, 11 February 2010 - 12:41 PM.

#30 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

well what makes St. Valentine so deserving of a holiday anyway

so what, he died. He was a Saint. let's have a holiday for every saint then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users