it's almost Valentine's Day

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

I can't stand it! Mostly because I'm broke and can't buy anything, but also because I always get nervous anyway!

I'm like the Ebenezer Scrooge of Valentine's Day...

#2 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

I'm pretty sure it's one of those holidays which makes youngsters everywhere all awkward-like.

For one, whether or not V-Day is a good thing depends on attitude. One can mope about why he doesn't have someone special or he can show that he cares for everyone around him and make others feel like they're not alone.

I could offer some V-day survival wisdom...or maybe others are more than willing?

#3 Medic

Medic

STANDING NEAR ZEE POINT DOES NOTHING!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:Kabuto (gngrievous if you're searching will work too)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

I suppose I could make a card for the person I like but they have a boyfriend and we've been realyl good friends for a long time

I just don't want to spoil that by trying anything too soon...

#4 (Insert)

(Insert)

Dr McCaptain Brackets

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Lol, I love Single's Awareness Day!

I'm making a couple hundred poems to hand out. Since I don't have a special someone. :P

#5 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

*growls* See this topic? This is what makes me detest teenagers so much. Pardon me for ripping a meaty strip out of your side, kid, but there are other things to be worried about other than that knob in your pants.

Do you want to know what it is that's been eating your insides out? HORMONES.

You can sit there and cry out "What does that bastard know? He just likes to flame people - and blow Shaq-Fu up!". Fact of the matter is, I actually do know a thing or two about all of this; even so I'm completely single at the moment. What you've been crying over these last few months has been utterly trivial compared to the massive other changes going on in your life. DON'T LET YOUR PENIS RULE YOU.

Unless you can take care of yourself, you'd be far better off not even thinking about dating girls. Considering your age group too, I can almost guarantee you haven't seen Mrs. Wright yet.

So quite your belly aching and put your mental efforts into where it counts: your education. When you find yourself able to care for your own well being, and live a stable, well supported life out of your own pocket, only then will you truly be able to care for someone else.

#6 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

^That is one of the smartest posts anyone has ever made on here.

This stuff is not worth worrying about now...

#7 Remorse

Remorse

Ok, who let the enermy in our base?

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image
"I feel nothing for them, no connection, no emotion, i am beyond them as something inside me died, some spark of life, some humanity."~Simon Bunker
This quote fits perfectly on the way i feel about valentines day.

So quite your belly aching and put your mental efforts into where it counts: your education.

Totally supported.

#8 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

*growls* See this topic? This is what makes me detest teenagers so much. Pardon me for ripping a meaty strip out of your side, kid, but there are other things to be worried about other than that knob in your pants.

Do you want to know what it is that's been eating your insides out? HORMONES.

You can sit there and cry out "What does that bastard know? He just likes to flame people - and blow Shaq-Fu up!". Fact of the matter is, I actually do know a thing or two about all of this; even so I'm completely single at the moment. What you've been crying over these last few months has been utterly trivial compared to the massive other changes going on in your life. DON'T LET YOUR PENIS RULE YOU.

Unless you can take care of yourself, you'd be far better off not even thinking about dating girls. Considering your age group too, I can almost guarantee you haven't seen Mrs. Wright yet.

So quite your belly aching and put your mental efforts into where it counts: your education. When you find yourself able to care for your own well being, and live a stable, well supported life out of your own pocket, only then will you truly be able to care for someone else.

I understand your point - really, I do - and I sort of agree, but you don't need to be a dick about it dude.

There's a difference between being horny and being lonely, and contrary to popular belief, all teenage boys do not let their goddamn dicks govern their thoughts. And just because a kid is sad that he doesn't have a special someone doesn't mean he's not focusing on. say. education.

#9 Ataraxia

Ataraxia

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

I always thought the holiday was silly. I mean, do we really need a holiday for love? What's stopping us from loving every day?
And I agree with Frau. Woo.

AND DON'T ASSUME THAT ALL GUYS DATE GIRLS, DAMMIT.

#10 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

It's a date in honor of a martyr. Let him be a martyr.

#11 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

Don't worry about Deep, he can be a bit...harsh sometimes.

But yeah. If a social problem is causing you grief, it's best to ignore it and move on. Trust me, we've all been there.

All except donut, probably.

#12 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

I dislike the holiday, but has nothing to do what most dislike it (whining about being alone, etc.) Basically, I hate it because it's another one of those lame wannabe holidays that the world shoves down our throats. Who needs a day for love? Sure, it's a nice thought, but love doesn't deserve a whole day every year devoted to it. Does every little thing need its own day? No.
While "Valentine's Day" is a nice thought, like I said, love, nor anything else, deserves an entire day out of the year just to celebrate it all day. I mean, if it's an actual person that died or something, like MLK day or something, go right ahead. I guess what I'm saying is don't make some holiday ripoff simply to force people to spend money. Make one for like a celebration of something actually important, like Thanksgiving, or honoring a really famous dead person or some major motivational speaker or something. It's not like Valentine's Day is going to solve anything, the human race is just gonna go back to hating each other the next day.
I believe The Simpsons illustrated my last point best.

*Homer pushes a guy*
Guy: Didn't you learn anything from Love Day?
Homer: That was yesterday, jerk.

#13 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

I understand your point - really, I do - and I sort of agree, but you don't need to be a dick about it dude.

There's a difference between being horny and being lonely, and contrary to popular belief, all teenage boys do not let their goddamn dicks govern their thoughts. And just because a kid is sad that he doesn't have a special someone doesn't mean he's not focusing on. say. education.

Being lonely, surprisingly, is actually something by choice. It took me a while to figure that out, while my friends and family kept trying to show me how I'm not actually alone - because I had them.

The only way you can truly be alone is if you're either the last damn person on the planet, or if you choose to be alone and ignore/push away the people around you. Sometimes, you just need a dick like me to penetrate that thick cloud that's obscuring your vision.

Edit:

Additionally, regarding the "education" bit, the idea behind that was not to say "you're not doing your school work", the idea was more "take back the energy you're wasting on this, and put it into something more constructive".

Also @ZF: bugger off. You can make the mature assumption of me saying "girls, she, her" as "boys, he, his". Do you honestly think I care what anyone's sexual preference is? I say "girls, she, her" because that's what Cacturn is talking about.

Edited by Cpt Axle, 11 February 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#14 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:33 AM

I always thought the holiday was silly. I mean, do we really need a holiday for love? What's stopping us from loving every day?
And I agree with Frau. Woo.

AND DON'T ASSUME THAT ALL GUYS DATE GIRLS, DAMMIT.

yeah i agree with that, but i mean come on, have you met most of the human race? they're the reason we have to have things like valentine's day, coming out day, and christmas as opposed to every day promoting this kind of stuff. not that society's horrible, i mean i'm not gonna act like the majority of us aren't trying to promote world peace, but no matter what we'll always have a long way to go.

but that being said, valentine's day used to be a more innocent time, back when no one cared about relationships, and now it's got this bad rep because everyone's so jaded over it. i mean people think it's a day for only couples and that they have to make it very obvious that they're single by referring to it with names like singles awareness day (no disrespect, insert, i know you only meant it jokingly) but come on i've never been in a relationship on valentine's day and it's never bothered me. i just show some love and whatever.

idk i forgot where i was going with this? yeah valentine's isn't all that bad. just enjoy it.

#15 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

We also have "Family Day" now on the 15th... though I think that may be strictly for Ontario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users