• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Ahoy mates! I have a proposition for all of you.

Recently, I bought a copy of 'Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Justice for All'. After completing the second case, it struck me; "Why don't we [members of KG] rig up our own fictional court drama, based in our already existing KG realm?"

The idea is this: We have someone come up with the script, maybe have a second person with them to help them along (feasibility, grammar, typos, whatever fresh eyes can do).

Next, we assign the roles for the Judge, the Prosecutor, and the Attorney, and the Defendant. Witness roles will be assigned as the script requests. Anyone not given a role is assumed to be part of the jury or audience (I haven't fully determined who those mumbling people are in the stands yet :P). Jury members do nothing but mumble; however your role is still important! your mumbling will place a stress on the acting participants in the court! Plus you give the judge some reason to madly swing about his Gavel :P.

Now then, here's where it gets interesting: Only the people that wrote out the script for the case should know what the final verdict is throughout the entire case. That's right, all participants will start off with a blank slate; and should only know the back story to the case. It will be up to them to piece together the author's puzzle and solve the case. How this will be managed will be mentioned later.

So, I'm gonna pop the question: How many of you here would be interested in participating in this game?

and, unless anyone else requests it, I'll write up the case myself in the mean time.

ROSTER

Judge:
Menelaus
TJ (my recommendation)

Prosecutor:
Menelaus
Donut
HoT

Attorney:
Phaeon
Menelaus
Donut

Other:

Can be a witness or jury member. As a jury member, you will be left with the decision on the defendant's guiltiness. As a witness, you will be given an alibi to work with, and the Attorney and/or Prosecutor may call you to the stand to testify.

LM
SW
Donut
TJ

Edited by Fufufu, 22 March 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#2 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

This is what I know about the series:

Is that a problem?

#3 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Not at all LM. It'll be really easy for anyone to catch on, the premise is that it'll be a court case.

and if you end up as the prosecutor or the Attorney, just remember to yell objection alot :P

#4 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

= attorney.
Or jury. Whichever.

#5 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Hm... I'd like to be jury. That'll be easier to watch and see what happens.

#6 Mega Grumpig

Mega Grumpig

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  • 3DS:2895-6825-5073
  • Steam:sczombie

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

That sounds very very difficult but what the hell lets give it a try

#7 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Location:Where Happy Cows come from. And no, that place is not California!
  • XBox Live:Mr Redz

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

Back in High School I participated in my school's Mock Trial. It was a lot of work but in the end so much fun. I got yelled at twice for strutting before I gave an opening/closing speech. Ah good times. I miss those days. I would be more than willing to participate in this. I'll even be an attorney if you need one. And if no one wants to be Judge, I'll do it.

#8 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

That's the spirit SW!

I'm thinking the way it can be managed could be like HoT's Mafia games, where each role is given certain information. Publicly known information would be told most likely in the Opening post.

More than likely, evidence and profiles will have to be crafted up, and then dispensed as the script commands. Witnesses will be given their alibis, and it will be up to their choice on how they will give their information. (If they're the murderer or an accomplice, they should try to hide their incriminating information as best as possible. After all, you don't want to be arrested)

Further more, should anyone need help with their roles, I'm more than willing to lend a hand in giving you a motive :P - provided I was the author.

Edit: Awesome Menelaus!

Edited by Fufufu, 21 March 2008 - 11:14 PM.

#9 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Menelaus @ Mar 21 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back in High School I participated in my school's Mock Trial. It was a lot of work but in the end so much fun. I got yelled at twice for strutting before I gave an opening/closing speech. Ah good times. I miss those days. I would be more than willing to participate in this. I'll even be an attorney if you need one. And if no one wants to be Judge, I'll do it.

I did somehting like that in high school. Except it was about Oedipus, we were in prosecuting and defending teams of 3, and I was the only one on the defense team that actually said anything.
Still fun, though.

#10 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

Heh, I can't seem to be able to rig up a poll...

I'll just make a roster at the top, and you guys can have your say on what positions you'd like. You can select more than one position, as this list will make you candidates for me to select from.

#11 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Don Quixote de la Mancha @ Mar 21 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did somehting like that in high school. Except it was about Oedipus, we were in prosecuting and defending teams of 3, and I was the only one on the defense team that actually said anything.
Still fun, though.

Oh, right - my class did that with Othello. I was the judge - I wore Mrs. Hawley's old graduation gown and used a squeaky hammer as a gavel.

Good times.

#12 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

I think she was the judge for ours... it was basically her listening to me and Pat argue.

#13 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

XD.gif

The sqeaky gavel gets to me

Come to think of it, I may need to come up with some constant information... like the courtroom layout.

Time to hire some contractors and build us a courtroom!

#14 Menelaus

Menelaus

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Location:Where Happy Cows come from. And no, that place is not California!
  • XBox Live:Mr Redz

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

If I can find my old Mock Trial information, I can post some rules for somethings, a layout of the courtroom, and possibly a few other stuff. That is if you would like me to.

EDIT: And you can also put me down for Prosecutor as well. I am happy to be anything really so it doesn't really matter to me.

Edited by Menelaus, 21 March 2008 - 11:46 PM.

#15 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

If you'd like; I'll certainly take a look at them.

Chances are, we'll be operating with a fictional setting; thus removing some of the dull restrictions that a real law system may force (like they did in PW... Franziska von Karma was whipping the judge and everyone else during the case. DAMN I wish she was held in contempt!)

Edit: Alright, added you on there too. Anyways, yeah, having some extra references would be awesome.

Edited by Fufufu, 21 March 2008 - 11:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users