Majora's Mask 3D ACTUALLY HAPPENING!
Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:04 AM
Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:57 PM
- The little additions to the backgrounds and atmosphere. This looks and feels amazing.
- Deku Link has a small aesthetic upgrade to his spin attack, which looked weird at first. It does look cooler, though.
- Goron Link will now stay rolled up until you press "A" again. That'll take some getting used to for me.
- There are some differences in the locations of Stray Fairies and the Bombers. I'm glad they didn't keep everything exactly the same.
- They also added and changed some dialogue to some of the sections, and added some more voice effects to various characters.
- Odwalla seemed much easier than in my previous runs.
- The Owl Statue changes are definitely welcome. I was a bit bummed at first, because it takes away some of the challenge, but it's still nice. There are also non-owl save stations in Termina, including one at the beginning of each of the dungeons (or at least the first two, but I'm guessing the other two have this as well).
- Switching masks is easier. You don't have to take off the Goron Mask before putting on the Rabbit Hood, for instance; it automatically does both, and that's a great touch.
Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:08 AM
- The Song of Double Time is now AMAZING. I'm not even going to say what it does; you'll have to play it and find out for yourselves.
- Might not need spoiling, but just in case:
- Snowhead Temple is pretty much the same, outside of Goht being slightly different. It was more fun before, but it's still pretty rad.
- The fifth bottle is in an entirely different location. I learned about it by accident, but the good news is that you don't have to do the Anju/Kafei Quest twice anymore.
- I have no idea where the Stone Mask is. I'm a little bit concerned about going into the Pirate's Fortress without it, so I might read my new guide to find out where it is. I haven't used it yet, though, so I might just wait and see what happens.
- Zora Link's swimming has changed. It's actually rather disappointing, though I see why they changed it.
- There are two fishing holes. I have no idea what they do, but I have 4 free passes thanks to playing mini-games. Maybe I'll try them out later.
Overall, so far this is very much the same, with just enough different stuff to throw you for a loop. It's been a lot of fun to see the changes and try to figure out why something's missing.
Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:11 PM
Isn't the Stone Mask located in
Anyway, enjoying your impressions.
Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:53 PM
Also, that thing about the bottle location changing? I was wrong. There are now a total of SEVEN bottles. It seemed like a bit much before, but now? Well, whatever - more containers for stuff, I guess.
Currently at 37 Heart Pieces, 20 Masks, and all 7 Bottles (assuming there aren't more). Going to do Great Bay Temple next, so... I guess we'll see what happens there.
Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:03 PM
- The Garo's Mask looks different. I'm disappointed in the new look, but mostly because I liked to old look so much.
- GYORG IS HARDER. Of all the bosses they could make more difficult, they chose the one that everyone thought was the most difficult before. Ugh.
- Great Bay Temple is about the same, except they make it easier to see what to do next. It'll make sense when you get there.
- There's more dialogue for Captain Keeta. It's nice to see him expanded a bit more.
That's all for now. I only have 5 Heart Pieces and 2 Masks left to get, so I'll likely finish it tomorrow... which happens to coincide with my third day of having it! Talk about coincidence!
Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:31 AM
I saw the Song of Double Time. Perfect.
What the heck did the do to Zora Link's swimming? My friend stopped playing right when he got the Zora mask T.T
Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:19 AM
Also, the sink/surface controls take some getting used to. Any time you use your shield and are either sinking or rising to the surface, you stop automatically (you can also stop manually if desired). Then you have to release the shield in order to continue sinking or rising. This helps quite a bit against the eels when you're going after the Zora Eggs, but every other time, I found myself having to check and adjust constantly just to hit enemies that are in the bottom of the pool.
Edited by Linkmaster30000, 15 February 2015 - 07:20 AM.
Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:41 PM
- There's only one minor change to the main part of the Stone Tower Temple that I could see, besides the placement of the Giant's Mask.
- Commence Rant. I never want to battle this version of Twinmold again if I can help it, at least without the FD Mask. That's because THE GIANT'S MASK
- To sum up, if there's anything in this game that I would change back, it would be the Giant's Mask. Even the Zora swimming changes are more enjoyable.
- Speaking of, the Zora Challenge on the moon changed slightly. You get good at jumping out of the water, I'll say that.
- Bring Bombchu to the moon. Just in case. You get some there, but let's just say there's some trial-and-error for Link's Challenge.
- FDL is even cooler in this game, somehow. You can also transform into him at the fishing holes. Hint hint.
- The MM3D credits (after the normal MM credits) once again have a great arrangement of the music, but no pictures this time.
Overall, I loved almost everything about this remake. The only things I'd revert are the Giant's Mask (BAH) and perhaps the Zora swimming if I could pick more than one think to change back. It was well worth playing through all the way and getting everything, as it always has been. BUY IT AND PLAY IT! Then you can read my spoilers and see if you agree about my Giant's Mask Rant.
Edited by Linkmaster30000, 15 February 2015 - 03:42 PM.
Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:31 PM
Odd question but, how many save slots to a cartridge?
Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:03 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users