Hanz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Do you know what happened that caused me to lose my forum mod? Were you testing something again?

Also, can you tell me why you haven't been responding to me on AIM or PMs on here?

Edited by Albert Wesker, 02 May 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#2 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

You were a mod?

#3 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Uh...yeah. Did you never notice or something? That's why I have this special member title, cause I was mod of the gaming forum.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 02 May 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#4 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I can't say I did. The only straight mod on the new KG has ever been DP as far as I know.

#5 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Well you're wrong. If this is about me not using my powers, I don't understand that, cause DP hasn't been around for years.

#6 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I just didn't know. You could've been Super Administrator of the Asylum and I wouldn't know.

If I were trying to be a smart-ass though; DP not being around changes nothing, a person who isn't here can't do anything with their 'powers' so to speak anyway.

#7 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Still raises the question of why a person who hasnt been around for years even HAS powers in the first place.

#8 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• 3,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

KG has like 20 active members. Pretty pathetic compared to some other forums, but I'd say 8 years of activity is also pretty rare among most of them. Not that I care much for those comparisons anyway, but I honestly don't think DP being a mod despite inactivity is much of an issue. He might come back, he might not. He's still around, I know at least that much.

I'm gonna be honest with you and tell you, that as an outsider to Hanz' decision making when it comes to appointing/revoking staff positions, it seems you have kind of answered your own question. You wonder where your rights have gone, but you show you know your member title is in reference to something you were. I'm trying not to be a dick here, but it seems pretty clear to me that if someone promotes and afterwards demotes you, they did so for a reason. I'll stand for the fact that Hanz isn't the type of person to toy with people or test out forum software by demoting them for long periods of time to anger/distress them. I also can't imagine Hanz not giving you any kind of message or reply to your messages after an event like this, but then again I wouldn't know.

I'm gonna be blunt here though: You seem awfully intent on getting back what you lost. Why do you care so much? I've been a member from September 2004 and I'm pretty sure I've never even been considered for a staff position. But from personal experience on other websites (100.000+ users at the time) I can say being part of what amounts to a janitorial squad that everybody complains about and treat like shit whatever they do isn't exactly worth the few added 'benefits' like a colored nametag.

#9 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

So you weren't at TFH? Then you do have no idea why.

Basically I was the only admin that actually did anything for YEARS there, and then in like 2008, some guy who had just been promoted to admin took the whole site down, even though it wasn't his decision to begin with, and he didn't even ask me. I lost my admin and my sense of being respected and recognition. Now history is basically repeating itself, and that's why I'm so intent on getting it back...because I wasn't informed the first time, and I wasn't informed this time. I'm not going to just let this go. I don't care how many people tell me to forget TFH, because I'm not going to. I put a crap load of my time on the internet into that place...I won't forget it so easily.

At the very least, he should actually respond when I talk to him.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 02 May 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#10 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Respect and recognition doesn't come from being a mod. It's earned by being a great user who helps others, posts good information, and not bothering people.

#11 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

You mean like you constantly bothered me?

#12 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • PSN:fissure100
  • XBox Live:fissure100

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I didn't know you were a mod either, but i don't really pay attention to things unless someone points it out.

#13 Torn

Torn

You're not in control

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

This is starting to get ridiculous, sir Wesker. What does spit taking down TFH have to do with anything? At least, I think it was spit if 4-year memory serves me right.

Just chill, as pointed out, this is a pretty small forum of actually-active-members. Perhaps Hanz decided to just keep the staff to where it needs to be?

#14 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm getting tired of hearing that bullshit excuse. More than one frikkin forum mod (who's not even active anymore) CANNOT hurt a forum.

#15 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

tl;dr
There is no reason to keep me as a forum mod for nearly half a year, only to suddenly demote me without even telling me.
Also, I'm very upset at the ignoring. I would have thought staff wouldn't do that. If he just would have talked to me and told me why, I definitely would've taken it better than just being demoted out of the blue.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users