Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

i agree with this awesome looking game even though i haven't played the other.

#3 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

It looks interesting (like the first), but I'm not sure if it's a game I'm totally interested in at the moment. I should probably try the first at some point, though.

#4 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

http://kotaku.com/58...acts-this-month

Disney fans have been waiting for news regarding still-rumored title Epic Mickey 2 since news first slipped around the first of the year.

At that time, a Disney newsletter was sent out — and then immediately edited — that initially leaked information about the still-unannounced game. The newsletter claimed that Epic Mickey 2 would be availlable for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. Further rumors indicated a fall 2012 release.

Sharp-eyed posters at NeoGAF have just added fuel to the fire of speculation, directing attention to a blurb from French site Nintendo Master. Their post, roughly translated, says:

Like many other sites, we have just received an invitation from Disney France and Warren Spector to introduce us on March 27 to a new "epic project." It's not hard to make the connection between this wording and the name of a certain gentleman's game, Epic Mickey.

Wii exclusive Epic Mickey, released in 2010, was generally considered a mixed but ambitious experience. Perhaps a second pass will bring the Disney icon the truly epic experience players crave.

Oh man, getting excited.

#5 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

The Internet was abuzz today with rumors about a possible Epic Mickey 2 for Nintendo 3DS following a tweet from France's Nintendo Magazine yesterday afternoon.
Translation (courtesy Google Translate):

The presentation of Epic Mickey 2 will take place next week. 3DS version, Power of Illusion, more "classic" 2D is also planned.

Though the sourcing here is flimsy (and this magazine has been wrong before), it's almost a certainty that we'll see something about the Disney-helmed platformer on Thursday night, when reporter Geoff Keighley and Epic Mickey designer Warren Spector chat on Game Trailer TV. They're promising more information about Spector's "latest project."
Rumors have circulated about the next Epic Mickey for quite some time now. One report suggested that the project would be officially confirmed this month.
By next week, we should know for sure whether the next Epic Mickey will be on 3DS, Wii, Wii U, or some combination of the three.

Come on...want some news about this now!

#6 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

http://kotaku.com/58...eo-game-musical

Warren Spector is working on Epic Mickey 2. We knew that already.
What we didn't know is that it will be a musical. Falling in line with the tradition of classic Disney movies like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, the second Epic Mickey may very well be the first full-fledged video game musical.
A full-fledged video game musical.
I'll let that sink in for a second.
OK, what? According to a report from the Associated Press this morning, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two will feature original songs written by composer Jim Dooley and lyricist Mike Himelstein (who worked on upcoming animated film Dorothy of Oz). It will be out for Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, and it will star Mickey and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who will sometimes break into song.
Yes, they'll break into song.
"I'm such a geek about musicals," Spector said at this year's Game Developers Conference, as reported by the AP. "I love the co-op and next-gen stuff, but for me, when a character breaks into song, which they do on a regular basis in this game, it's magic."
Though Spector did not give any specifics on the type, frequency, or genre of music that will appear in his upcoming game, he did note that it will again take place in the Wasteland, Epic Mickey's twisted take on Disneyland. He also said they would address the first game's camera issues, which were a common complaint when Epic Mickey was released in 2010.
"We've had a team working on the camera from literally the day we finished the first game," Spector told the AP. "They'll be working on it until the day we ship the second game. (There have been) over 1,000 specific changes made to the camera. Our goal is that you will not have to touch the manual camera controls even once to play through the main story path of this game."
This might be just crazy enough to work.

AWESOME

#7 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

http://kotaku.com/58...do-powers-cover

Confirmed for 3DS! I am excited!

#8 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Article

Sequel to a Genesis game? Wow.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 27 March 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#9 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

http://www.gamezone....etails-revealed

Both games Fall 2012.

#10 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm in.

#11 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

- changes made to levels will be retained
- enemies can become friends, quests can be ignored, you can paint or use thinner
- playthrough expected to last 10-15 hours
- Spector says 3 playthroughs with co-op should allow you to see everything
- Oswald is an AI controlled character in single player
- drop-in/out co-op
- Oswald can reprogram animatronics, fly and he can remove his limbs
- Oswald's skills come from his original cartoons
- the Mad Scientist will always sing his plans
- every single line of dialog is spoken this time
- every enemy can be defeated or befriended
- if you're playing on the Wii, you'll never have to adjust the camera controls, says Spector

All this sounds pretty good!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users