Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

This bit is what interests me:

Yes, you read that right. In addition to original Game Boy games already available there will also be a Game Boy Advance Virtual Console and a NES Virtual Console for the 3DS.

Can't wait for that!

#3 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

GBA will be cool. There are some games I want for that.

NES? ...Meh.

#4 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • PSN:PM me
  • Steam:PM me
  • XBox Live:PM me

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

In addition to the price cut for new consumers, those who bought/buy a 3DS before the August 12 markdown will be able to download 20 free games from the 3DS eShop. That offer comes in the form of ten NES Virtual Console games (including classics like Zelda and Super Mario Bros.), which will be available after September 1, and ten Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games (like Yoshi's Island and Metroid Fusion), which will be available a little later.

This is what mostly interests me. 20 free games for people who have gotten the system before the markdown in August? I dunno how much these games will cost, but methinks this might make up for what would have looked liked taking advantage of people who go the system ASAP. Though it would have been infinitely cheaper to DL this stuff for free or Ebay for its officialness. At least I won my 3DS for free. >.>

P.S. http://kotaku.com/58...-looking-so-hot

Edited by Deputy Fuchs, 28 July 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#5 Phaeon

Phaeon

MAGIC!

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 1,768 posts
  • 3DS:0645-5817-4033
  • PSN:Phaeon17

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

If they would just make some games for it, the sales probably wouldn't be nearly as bad.
Still, free games are always good.

#6 Ego

Ego

Super-Psychic

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • 3DS:3652-1929-9711
  • Steam:hornheado
  • XBox Live:hornheado

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Game Boy Advance Virtual Console

..................:3
This is extremely encouraging, especially because this opens the door to flashcard emulation of GBA games on the 3DS. Also, legal free games is very nice.

#7 Frausky

Frausky

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Also, legal free games is very nice.

This

#8 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Nice, free games. Just hope they won't be shovelware. Letting us choose from a selection like Sony's Welcome Back would be even better.
Also a GBA Virtual Console is cool, I've wanted to play the GBA Castlevania games ever since I got a taste of SOTN. And Metroid Fusion will be rather win.

Edited by Albert Wesker, 28 July 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#9 Hanz

Hanz

Social Justice Cleric

• Monster Coach
  • 9,264 posts
  • 3DS:3007-8091-3997
  • NINID:HJWeasel
  • Steam:HJWeasel

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:04 AM

I am really really excited about the GBA virtual console stuff....hopefully they put Metroid Zero Mission up so I don't have to keep hunting for it.

#10 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Do you not order cartridges online or something?

#11 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

That's nice.

But although I'm a Zelda fan, I'm still not buying something over $150 for one game. So I'll wait for the inevitable 3DS Lite...probably.

#12 Akuma

Akuma

Network Warrior

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • 3DS:5413-0073-0975
  • Steam:xxshenakumaxx
  • XBox Live:xXShenAkumaXx

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Perfect time to replace my dead DS. And with my raise from work, it makes it even easier to afford :)

GBA Virtual Console is legit.

#13 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

http://www.nintendo....ntendo3ds/news/

1. Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

Maybe I missed this before, but I posted it up in case anyone didn't know the full details to this deal.

So, I suppose that means no plans on making an actual GBA selection on the 3DS Virtual Console? Moreover, Ambassadors won't be getting a choice of GBA games, just the 10 titles exclusive to them. Meanwhile, I'm getting the impression that there won't be a choice of what NES games Ambassadors receive for free either. They may very well port over more NES games, but I have a doubtful disposition and am inclined to believe that what you see in the coming months will be what you get.

Also, for people who would rather have a choice via Sony-Welcome-Back-style: Instead of downloading all 20 titles for free, pick and download 2 titles per NES and 2 titles per GBA. Or you can download them all and accept the fact that 20 free games is more than the "2 per account on each system" offered by Sony.

#14 Valentine

Valentine

Master of... Stuff.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

Nintendo released more info clarifying the Ambassador program. I like this comment that the article garnered though:

"How about some love to the REAL Ambassadors...the ones that actually bought the 3DS when it was $250.00 instead of some people actually getting the price drop AND the free games.

This Ambassador program is a complete joke."

I, also, can't help but notice that those who actually paid 250 for the system are still kinda getting shafted. This appears to be more of a marketing tactic to generate sales than a reward program. heh

"Target and Walmart already dropped their prices so now people can buy it for $170 and get the free games.../sigh"

A good tip for anyone who was planning to exploit the Ambassador program for the lowest price possible.

Edited by Valentine, 11 August 2011 - 10:00 AM.

#15 Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker
  • Members
  • -2,487 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

This does not please me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users