• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

It seems the demon of the abyss has not quenched its thirst for digital blood. Earlier today, some of the guys from here experienced one of the demon's attempts of dragging my laptop into its evil jaws.

My keyboard went on the fritz... so bad that when I rebooted, I couldn't even enter the password. The keyboard would throw in an extra character as I typed, and it was evident that there was a pattern. 'k' for example, would be followed by an 8. As you can imagine, my messages were garbled text... I couldn't press the backspace key since it tossed in a '=' right after. As such, I'm probably going to have to bring her into the shop to get properly checked over to determine the source of the problem. It may very well have been caused from overheating, my USB mouse, or most likely, the addition of my printer that I hooked up via another USB port. Whatever it is... after the death of my PC, I'm not taking any risks.

Currently, you can see that I can type quite well at the moment... after the whole "I can't enter my password", I shut my laptop down completely. That may have cleared out whatever was in memory that was causing the problem, or the jammed key may have been registered into the system differently - similar to something like the N64's analog stick.

Before I go drop it into the shop though, I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had this experience with a laptop, especially if you had a Toshiba model.

#2 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

objection.gif

#3 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

I hyate hyou so muchy now FRobo... hyefre I am tfrhying to get hyel9p0, and instead hyou l9ock8 thye top0ic up0. I can hyafrdl9hy thyp0e at thye moment.

FRuck8... do't mind mhy bl9ind frage caused bhy thye fract thyat frandom k8ehys afre doing frandom thyings. In eithyefr case... p0l9ease fre-fred thyat l9ast l9ine in mhy p0ost befrofre l9ock8ing thyis up0 again l9ugnutts.

#4 Robo

Robo

Teiou no Neko

• Histories Greatest Monster
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

......I can lock topics now? I think not.

Also, you can probably get a USB keyboard for less than $10.

The above post was just a piece of advice, nothing more.

Edited by Shinra, 09 October 2008 - 05:30 PM.

#5 mdonut281

mdonut281

The more it tells, the less you know.

• Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

I WANT YOU TWO TO KISS AGAIN

#6 Frau

Frau

???

• Chill Bro
  • 1,332 posts
  • XBox Live:Gen TastyCakes

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Cpt. Deep @ Oct 9 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hyate hyou so muchy now FRobo... hyefre I am tfrhying to get hyel9p0, and instead hyou l9ock8 thye top0ic up0. I can hyafrdl9hy thyp0e at thye moment.

FRuck8... do't mind mhy bl9ind frage caused bhy thye fract thyat frandom k8ehys afre doing frandom thyings. In eithyefr case... p0l9ease fre-fred thyat l9ast l9ine in mhy p0ost befrofre l9ock8ing thyis up0 again l9ugnutts.

lol p0ost.

Please don't get this problem fixed...it's way too entertaining.

#7 Spritek

Spritek

someone...somewhere...is pushing buttons

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Steam:Spritaek

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

...now stand on this newspaper and hug for an hour.

#8 Linkmaster30000

Linkmaster30000

Your Hero, Even if You Don't Know it Yet

• Bohemian Mafia
  • 7,196 posts
  • 3DS:5370-0513-1062
  • NINID:Linkmaster30000
  • PSN:LM30K
  • XBox Live:Linkmaster30000

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

WHYYYYYYYYY EM SEE AY!

#9 Slayzie

Slayzie

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

woot robot/engi smex

#10 Xltd

Xltd

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Cpt. Deep @ Oct 9 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.
That blows
but is oh so funny.

#11 Pope Yvarg

Pope Yvarg

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

What a coincidence, I just got my keyboard replaced today (I can type "i"'s again!), but apparently my motherboard was damaged and that will need to be replaced eventually. For monetary reasons I shall have to live with ungodly boot-up times for now. Best of luck on your computer . . .

#12 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

I forgot your keyboard went on the fritz! Does this mean you were typing without Is all this time?

#13 Pope Yvarg

Pope Yvarg

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

I had been copying and pasting "i"s for the three or so weeks that it didn't work.

#14 mdonut281

mdonut281

• Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

And here I thought you were joking when you did that... wow, that takes a lot of dedication.

#15 Cpt Axle

Cpt Axle

TOP HAT FALCON PUNCH!

• Members
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

I'm borrowing my Bro's laptop at the moment.

Sorry about blowing up... it was a pain just logging into the site - one of my keys had "F5" mapped to it as a second input character... so every time I pressed it, the screen would re-fresh.

I'll be getting my laptop back from the shop by Wednesday; in the mean time... I've become desperate enough to try hooking up the "spare". A while back, the college was having a basement sale, and I ran off with one of their old Macs for dirt cheap. Turns out I can turn around and sell the thing for a nifty profit.

I suppose now would be a good time to ask if anyone has any resources on formatting macs... or better yet, by-passing the login screen. One of my class mates managed to do it, and dug up a treasure trove of stuff the art students did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users